Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

[WWI] Dealer Installed Cheap Tires on My CPO

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-15, 02:07 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,005 Posts
Default Dealer Installed Cheap Tires on My CPO

I purchased a Lexus ES 350 '09 CPO from Lexus of Orlando late Nov of '14. The dealer had put on Nexen Classe Premiere CP671 tires for the CPO process according to the history on Lexus Drivers website. I have had two other Lexus CPO cars from another dealer and have had much higher quality tires such as Michelin MXV4 at the time of delivery. My question, is the Nexen CP671 tire up to Lexus corporate CPO standards? I find these tires to be noisier and less comfortable riding than other brands and am concerned about their performance/safety level compared to higher quality tires I've had on my previous Lexus vehicles. To think that Lexus CPO standards have dropped to putting inexpensive/cheap tires on a luxury car is a surprise and a disappointment. I also had issues with the car being delivered with a filthy air filter and a filthy engine compartment, both of which the dealer remedied on a return visit. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Old 04-13-15, 03:29 PM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello swfla, we apologize for your CPO sales experience. Lexus does not put specific standards on the brand of tire purchased. We simply ask that the tires meet the specifications listed for the vehicle they are being installed on. We recommend you speak with the sales manager or customer relations manager at your Lexus dealer as they would be in the best position to look into this concern.
Old 04-14-15, 07:35 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Spoke with sales manager. He said that too much time had passed (3 months). For future reference it's best to thoroughly inspect the vehicle or have it inspected by an independent mechanic. That being said, CPO is really just little more than an extended warranty. Sure, it's more likely that the car will be in better shape than others but not a promise or guarantee. Good marketing can lull one into a false sense of security, making assumptions that just aren't true. I still like Lexus vehicles, I'm not sure that paying an extra $2-3k for CPO has the value for the future purchases if I go through the cost and effort to have the vehicle thoroughly checked out before purchase.
Old 04-15-15, 01:56 PM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts swfla. Your feedback is valuable as it helps us understand the reactions and expectations of our customers. Your comments have been documented at our National Headquarters. Please contact us here: http://www.lexus.com/contact/ if we can be of further assistance
Old 04-30-15, 05:36 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LexCareSP
Hello swfla, we apologize for your CPO sales experience. Lexus does not put specific standards on the brand of tire purchased. We simply ask that the tires meet the specifications listed for the vehicle they are being installed on. We recommend you speak with the sales manager or customer relations manager at your Lexus dealer as they would be in the best position to look into this concern.
I think the Run Flats come on the RCF's (at least that's what i have) & i've always heard those were a Crappy Tire? Any Truth to that, i know the guys in the Viper Club call'em Run Craps!