Sponsored by:

Stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-03, 02:07 PM
epod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo install

I am planning on installing an aftermarket sub, and aftermarket 6 1/2"s on their own amps. The thing that confuses me, is what wires I need to run back to the trunk for the sub amp. I was just thinking I take the wire going into the amp from the headunit back to the trunk. I only plan to splice the wire, and add a connection to head back there. If there is anything that I should know about doing this, please let me know. Or if you can suggest a better method also, please let me know. I am looking at giving it a shot tonight, and do not see it as something harmful; I do not need to actually take anything out but the carpet, and maybe the backseat.

Thanks in advanced for all your help.
Old 08-30-03, 02:36 PM
snboarder8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wires u need to run to the trunk are your power wire from the battery and a remote turn-on wire from the headunit. u will also need a signal, my setup is temperary until i get a new headunit, so as of now i got the signal from the rear speakers, my amp has a built-in high-low converter so it works fine. running the wires is pretty simple, the carpet easily comes out near the doorsils, just place a flat head screwdriver under the plastic covering and pop it up, it snaps right back in when ur done. i recommend taking the backseat out, it's easier that way to run the wires to the trunk. i believe all u do is lift up the bottom cushion (connected by 3 or so clips, pops right out) and pull out, then unscrew the bolts at each end that hold the top cushion in place, pull up and out. if u need anymore info, i'm glad to help. later