Sponsored by:

Tilt and telescopic question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-18, 09:29 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tilt and telescopic question.

Hi folks, I was about to go down to my local wrench a part and look at their two newest Lexus vehicles which happen to be a LS400 AND A ES300 both from 1995 which is the same year as my car. The tilt motor in my GS300 is gone and my question is: Are they compatible? Them being the same year I know many things aren't compatible but tilt and telescopic motors I would hope aren't engineered for every vehicle individually oror eve time they change body styles or update their cars interior.
Old 09-13-18, 07:04 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I got this working. After replacing the Integration Relay or Relay Integration Module AND the Tilt/Telescopic Steering Module I finally figured out (after realizing that half the accessories on my Dome Light circuit from Fuse/Junction Box #1 didn't have a constant power source) and that this lack of power was the whole source to my headache involving interior accessories. So I ran a wire from the fuse box in the driver's kick panel to the T/T Module and VOILA <-- CORRECT SPELLING (if I see one more variation of 'WOLLA' again I'm going to become an AXE wielding serial killer hunting Earth's most over-populated species The Internet Dumbass - IT'S NOT THE MISSPELLING THAT GETS ME IT'S THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A GALAXY OF INFORMATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS STOP USING IT TO BEAT OFF AND USE IT TO LOOK UP WORDS YOU CAN'T SPELL - at least before you post them on the internet.)
Anyway.. and voila I now have 'Tilt and Telescopic Steering' as well as the dome light and map lights AND vanity mirror lights.. The only thing I haven't diagnosed (at least on the lighting situation) is the door switch(es)… I realized this morning that the back driver's side door switch apparently works at least as far ad the rear driver's side personal light goes. I'm not totally sure that the other lights back there and the door "step lights" are in good working order or if they need new bulbs or something.

( I could use some help here though!) Tell me 1GS3 owner's I am pretty certain that the DOME light should come on when any door opens but when does the personal lights in the rear pillar's over the back deck come on? Are those similar to the dome in that they are supposed to come on with any open door (if set to "door" anyway) or are these specific to their own particular door? That to me sounds like a dumb question because every car I've ever had turned on ALL interior lights except for the vanity mirror lights, of course, when ANY door was opened. This is a Lexus though and I am not certain because I've never had a car with "personal lights" and "step lights" so this is all new ground I'm treading now!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also speaking of help, does anybody have a recommendation for good LED lighting for my interior bulb replacement? I'd like to replace them all at the same time with a set of GOOD and bright LED lights that I can finally see into my car with at night.. Up until now it's always been just dark without the aid of a flashlight or my phone "flashlight" in the car at night. Thanks guys!