Sponsored by:

Drop in door speakers 08 ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 03:24 PM
flblue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drop in door speakers 08 ISF?

Has the ML system, was wondering if there was a simple drop in door speaker that upgraded the sound/system? I don't want to change anything like amps, head unit , sub etc, or get into fabrication, would just like to upgrade the speakers, a pair of Rocford Fosgates would sound much better imo. It isn't a bad sound now, but was curious if the speakers alone can be upgraded without changing other things. The Bose systems I know can be a nightmare and you can't just drop in better speakers and I was wondering if the ML systems are easier to upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-17, 06:03 AM
flblue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swapped out the main large door speakers with high end Rockford Fosgates, no difference at all so I returned them. The two tiny 1 inch tweeters were blown so I replaced them with Pioneers and went ahead and replaced the mid size ones while the door panel was off, oh and Dropped a sub in the trunk that had a built in amp.

Old 03-16-17, 04:25 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by flblue
Has the ML system, was wondering if there was a simple drop in door speaker that upgraded the sound/system? I don't want to change anything like amps, head unit , sub etc, or get into fabrication, would just like to upgrade the speakers, a pair of Rocford Fosgates would sound much better imo. It isn't a bad sound now, but was curious if the speakers alone can be upgraded without changing other things. The Bose systems I know can be a nightmare and you can't just drop in better speakers and I was wondering if the ML systems are easier to upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Focal has oem drop in speakers.
Old 03-16-17, 05:43 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by flblue
IMHO the ML speakers sound really good. I am very impressed by the clarity and quality of sound from the speakers . I believe the real issue with the ML system is it's relatively low power and it's poor tonal balance. As many have noted elsewhere in the forums, a boost in the bass (amplification) helps quite a bit. I would be surprised if changing out just the door speakers will improve the sound..