Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 12:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-14, 02:03 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdvlexo
Can I use ivic for an is350 on my Ls460?
Vaistech Application Guide at http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/iVIC%20App%20Guide.pdf

i = iPhone/iPod
D = Android
5 = fifth navigation generation (2007-2009 models)
6 = sixth navigation generation (2010-2012 models)
Old 02-04-14, 06:57 PM
JYinKY
Driver School Candidate

Whitetooth-

This looks very cool. I have a 2009 ls460L and am new to posting on here so forgive me if this has been covered. My vehicle only has the audio port in center console, not usb port to use my apple lightening cord. Does this mean I cant do this intergration? Is there a way to change that old audio port to usb?

Thanks in advance,

Jyinky
Old 02-04-14, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by JYinKY
Whitetooth-

This looks very cool. I have a 2009 ls460L and am new to posting on here so forgive me if this has been covered. My vehicle only has the audio port in center console, not usb port to use my apple lightening cord. Does this mean I cant do this intergration? Is there a way to change that old audio port to usb?

Thanks in advance,

Jyinky
you can read my review on the latest ivic-i which is perfect for your case

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...vic-d-too.html

the aux in the center armrest will stay, but you basically run another lightning cable to connect to your iphone5/5s or ipod touch
Old 02-20-14, 06:28 PM
rshawn3797
Driver School Candidate

Default Vais Satellite Radio Adapter for LS430 from www.thecellhut.com

Hi, I was just curious if anyone has purchased one of these kits for an LS430 or any other Lexus I suppose, and see if they have any feedback on it? I would like to get one and talked with the guys at www.thecellhut.com who said they can give me a good price.

Here's the link to the kit I want - http://www.thecellhut.com/vais-sl3-s...xm-sirius-kit/
Old 02-24-14, 12:36 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JYinKY
Whitetooth-

Thanks in advance,

Jyinky
You have the perfect car for three Vaistech solutions:
iVIC-5i for iPhone/ipod
iVIC-5D for Android integration
MML for crystal clear sound from USB stick, and you can forget to push the I agree button each ignition on. This feature alone is worth to buy the MML.

MML is an audio player and iVIC is audio and video and mirroring of the smartphone spring board or a part of it. If you like to connect your Apple device all of the music and video (digital) files needs to be on the iPhone.

There are solutions to use the old audio port but it is like an old cassette adapter, bad signal in, bad signal out.

Add the iVIC-5i and I bet it makes you happy! If you saved all of your music on a drive, copy them to a stick and plug it into your new MML!
Old 02-24-14, 12:44 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rshawn3797
Hi, I was just curious if anyone has purchased one of these kits for an LS430 or any other Lexus I suppose, and see if they have any feedback on it? I would like to get one and talked with the guys at www.thecellhut.com who said they can give me a good price.

Here's the link to the kit I want - http://www.thecellhut.com/vais-sl3-s...xm-sirius-kit/
I didn't waste time and money and installed on my LS430 the Vaistech MML. It is a perfect combination: The best Lexus ever and the best music player, the MML! A good price means often the signal processors are cheap and noisy. Good for those who are hard of hearing and love their cassette players, LOL.
Old 03-05-14, 07:30 PM
jgriffin42
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down iVIC-5i

I was excited when I found out about the iVIC-5i. I just sold one Lexus and it had a Kenwood/Garmin system - that worked my Iphone/Ipod - no problem.

I bought a LS460L - and missed that function - so I searched and searched. I didn't want to take out the factory radio (as I did in my other Lexus) - so when I read (and heard from the inventors via email) the ivic sounded perfectly.

$395.00 seemed a fair price - only to find out their were hidden charges. My installer called them and they told him 'oh - you have to buy some more parts' to make it work'. Now why you would sell something that doesn't work at the advertised price is beyond me. At any rate - by that time I had bought the unit and my car was in pieces - so there was no turning back. (In other words be prepared to pay more than the listed price).

The unit is in - and nothing works as advertised. It's complicated to begin with because each time you have to link with Bluetooth and start an app - nothing is automatic.

Then I can't play songs - movies - it does play one song. The mirror app for the Ipod works - but it is useless - who wants to have to control the ipod to see a mirror image on the screen. I want to use the auto controls.

The Iphone will connect - but I get funny screens and once in awhile 'video bars' pop up on the screen. I have to turn off the car and restart to get it to clear (there needs to be a reset button or better yet that shouldn't happen.

The people at the company 'are trying to help me' (i'll give them credit for that). but I shouldn't need help for it to work. It's not rocket science (I don't think).

I was going to take it to my Lexus dealer and brag about the unit - (I'm glad I didn't). As I told the owners - as is (it's overpriced) - it should be in Beta and cost about $39.00 until it works.

I do have hope that whatever updates for the unit and the app come out soon - and that it works like (or near a Kenwood soon). Maybe Kenwood will come out with a product.

So - my advice - use caution before you buy this unit. It's not ready for Prime Time.

If any users have any hints - let me know. I think it has something to do with the Pandeora App. I really don't have time to trouble shoot it - and that makes it a real problem.
Old 03-05-14, 07:37 PM
jgriffin42
Driver School Candidate

I was excited when I found out about the iVIC-5i. I just sold one Lexus and it had a Kenwood/Garmin system - that worked my Iphone/Ipod - no problem.

I bought a LS460L - and missed that function - so I searched and searched. I didn't want to take out the factory radio (as I did in my other Lexus) - so when I read (and heard from the inventors via email) the ivic sounded perfectly.

$395.00 seemed a fair price - only to find out their were hidden charges. My installer called them and they told him 'oh - you have to buy some more parts' to make it work'. Now why you would sell something that doesn't work at the advertised price is beyond me. At any rate - by that time I had bought the unit and my car was in pieces - so there was no turning back. (In other words be prepared to pay more than the listed price).

The unit is in - and nothing works as advertised. It's complicated to begin with because each time you have to link with Bluetooth and start an app - nothing is automatic.

Then I can't play songs - movies - it does play one song. The mirror app for the Ipod works - but it is useless - who wants to have to control the ipod to see a mirror image on the screen. I want to use the auto controls.

The Iphone will connect - but I get funny screens and once in awhile 'video bars' pop up on the screen. I have to turn off the car and restart to get it to clear (there needs to be a reset button or better yet that shouldn't happen.

The people at the company 'are trying to help me' (i'll give them credit for that). but I shouldn't need help for it to work. It's not rocket science (I don't think).

I was going to take it to my Lexus dealer and brag about the unit - (I'm glad I didn't). As I told the owners - as is (it's overpriced) - it should be in Beta and cost about $39.00 until it works.

I do have hope that whatever updates for the unit and the app come out soon - and that it works like (or near a Kenwood soon). Maybe Kenwood will come out with a product.

So - my advice - use caution before you buy this unit. It's not ready for Prime Time.

If any users have any hints - let me know. I think it has something to do with the Pandeora App. I really don't have time to trouble shoot it - and that makes it a real problem.
Old 03-06-14, 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

what do you mean it plays one song? mine play through all the songs i have on the phone no problem.

i have no problem with the phone connection through BT at all, never had to reconnect or restart the car either. so far it's been working fine every time

i do agree you have to start the app on the phone to have the screen up, a bit more work. but then if i don't start the app, the songs still playback just fine except i don't have the controls on screen that's all. for normal use that's good enough for me

if you read my review you would have seen all the extra charges on top of the unit. i guess it's hard for them to "include" that when those parts are available from apple. i am surprised though that your installer didn't check everything first before installing. every time i install something i make sure i go through all details first.
Old 03-10-14, 12:02 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

I have absolutely no issues. Hardware and Software are approved by Apple and works like expected. It was never easier. Vaistech iVIC is complete. And right, if you are missing cables, these are sold by the phone manufacturer. Vaistech has no chance to sell them and mention it in every document. That's the game.

If you are missing functions like full control by touching the navigation screen, please see the publications of iVIC-5D or iVIC-6D with Android phones. In order to get such things with an Apple you need to remove the phone limits which is called Jailbreak. That's another game.
Old 04-28-14, 02:16 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have an iPhone 4s. I would like to mirror it just like Cjitty's video of what he can do with his android phone. My phone is already jailbroken.

My question is, should I buy the android one or the iPhone one? Does it make a difference? Thoughts?
Old 05-01-14, 02:49 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg3852
I have an iPhone 4s. I would like to mirror it just like Cjitty's video of what he can do with his android phone. My phone is already jailbroken.

My question is, should I buy the android one or the iPhone one? Does it make a difference? Thoughts?
An Android would make things easier. Your jailbroken iPhone needs at least two tweaks for
a) rotating the screen (SBRotator)

and
b) mouse steering (BTC Mouse).

If you install the Cydia app and connect a BT mouse you see a mouse pointer afterwards and you can activate apps on the spring board. With this, the Vaistech iVIC-5D will work otherwise you need to tap the iPhone because the navigation touch screen will not respond.

Last edited by whitetooth; 05-01-14 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-06-14, 06:38 PM
CJITTY

Received 147 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth

An Android would make things easier. Your jailbroken iPhone needs at least two tweaks for
a) rotating the screen (SBRotator)

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krkDJs2bE7Q

and
b) mouse steering (BTC Mouse).

If you install the Cydia app and connect a BT mouse you see a mouse pointer afterwards and you can activate apps on the spring board. With this, the Vaistech iVIC-5D will work otherwise you need to tap the iPhone because the navigation touch screen will not respond.
They dont make an app like the IVIC Port for Android?
Old 05-11-14, 04:09 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this seems pretty cool, will it work with my ML and NAV, and still allow me to use the screen for my AC controls...I have a 08 ISF, galaxy s4
Old 06-23-14, 11:11 AM
chriscarte
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone got the IVIC-I to work with the navigation touch screen when mirroring?

I have a jail broken phone with the BTC Mouse of Matthias Ringwald yet still cannot get it to work. I've tested with a blue tooth mouse and have seen the arrow but I cannot get the navigation screen to act as a track pad. Every time I touch the screen the black bar on the right pops out with the source select icon with the setting icon on the top grayed out.

whitetooth - it seems as if you have gotten the nav touch screen to work while mirroring, is there a trick?

Thanks,
Chris

Quick Reply: How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens