2010 RX350 subwoofer installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 02:44 PM
Krik
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 RX350 subwoofer installation help

Hello all,

I have a 2010 RX350 non-nav so it is the basic 9 speaker audio system. It sounds ok but it is sorely lacking in bass. I wanted to add a sub and amp to the stock system but was wondering where I could tap into to feed signal to the aftermarket amp?

Even if it is missing the 12 speaker system's L-shaped factory sub, is the factory harness still there? Is it live? Can I tap into that?

Would there be a better solution? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-11, 06:34 PM
Krik
Driver School Candidate

Come on, guys! No one knows?
Old 03-31-11, 01:08 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Does the system have a built in amp?

You really only need a remote turn on for the amp so I'm guessing you can tap into the OEM amp under the rear deck?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the 2010 models.
Old 03-28-12, 11:25 AM
Trev232
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 RX350 audio wiring diagram

I found this on another forum: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...asp~TID~126914

Hope it helps, if not others looking for it:

Radio 12V lt. green + radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 1 or white 28 pin plug, pin 14
Radio Ground brown - radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 20 or white 28 pin plug, pin 15
Radio Ignition yellow or gray + radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 11 or white 16 pin plug, pin 16
Radio Illumination green (parking lights), blue (dimmer) +,- radio, wht 20 pin plug, pins 2, 12 or wht 28 pin plug, pins 3, 17
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
Power Antenna N/A
Left Front Speaker (+/-) white - red (mid and high); red - white (low) +,- amplifier, wh 10 pin plg, pins 1 and 5; wh 12 pin plg, pins 3 and 8
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat. On vehicles with navigation, the tweeter wires are in pins 3 and 9.
Right Front Speaker (+/-) purple - pink (mid and high); black - yellow (low) +,- amplifier, wh 10 pin plg, pins 2 and 6; wh 12 pin plg, pins 10and9
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat. On vehicles with navigation, the tweeter wires are in pins 4 and 10.
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) brown - green +,- amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 4 and 11
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat. The surround speaker wires are pink - purple at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 1 and 6.
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) yellow - blue +,- amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 5 and 12
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat. The surround speaker wires are lt. green - blue at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 2 and 7.
Center Channel (+/-) green - gray +,- amplifier, white 10 pin plug, pins 8 and 7
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat.
Subwoofer (+/-) black - red (1), yellow - green (2) +,- amplifier, white 10 pin plug, pins 1 and 5 (1), 2 and 6 (2)
The amplifier is in the cargo compartment floor, behind the passenger side rear seat.
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-) black - red (common) +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 17 and 16
On vehicles with navigation, they are at the radio, white 28 pin plug, pins 20 and 21.
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-) white - red (common) +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 15 and 16
On vehicles with navigation, they are at the radio, white 28 pin plug, pins 19 and 21.
RSE Video (+/-) brown - yellow (with navigation only) +,- navigation receiver, wht 22 pin plg, pins 4 and 14
The navigation receiver is below the radio.
RSE Audio Left (+/-) red - green (USB audio) +,- radio, black 12 pin plug, pins 4 and 5
On vehicles with navigation, they are red - black (common) at the navigation receiver, black 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 7. The navigation receiver is below the radio.
RSE Audio Right (+/-) black - white (USB audio) +,- radio, black 12 pin plug, pins 2 and 3
On vehicles with navigation, they are white - black (common) at the navigation receiver, black 8 pin plug, pins 3 and 7. The navigation receiver is below the radio.

Old 03-28-12, 08:31 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Krik
I have a 2010 RX350 non-nav so it is the basic 9 speaker audio system. It sounds ok but it is sorely lacking in bass. I wanted to add a sub and amp to the stock system but was wondering where I could tap into to feed signal to the aftermarket amp?

Even if it is missing the 12 speaker system's L-shaped factory sub, is the factory harness still there? Is it live? Can I tap into that?

Would there be a better solution? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks!
It likely does not have the harness. They build them with one system or the other, it's not a dealer option. What sub and amp are you using? That will determine how complex/simple you will need to go, and what I mean by that is - if you use an amp that has current sensing inputs and a LOC (Line Output Converter), you will be further ahead because you will not need to tap into the radios' wiring to turn it on. It will come on with the radio and go off with the radio. Additionally, you can simply tap into any existing (read: easiest to get to) speaker wire in order to get signal, then all you need is power, ground, and you're hot.

Originally Posted by veleno
Does the system have a built in amp?

You really only need a remote turn on for the amp so I'm guessing you can tap into the OEM amp under the rear deck?
I think you mean rear seat since it's an RX.

Big Mack