Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Anyone used The Solution 25A1 by Focal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 08:56 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Anyone used The Solution 25A1 by Focal?

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/320...-solution-25a1

Focal has released their new vented subwoofer box that comes with 2 built in amplifiers and a remote with auxiliary input for connection to portable audio devices.

The Solution 25A1 uses a 10" Access subwoofer with a woven fiberglass cone and butyl rubber surround to supply the bass from 42Hz all the way up to 500Hz if need be. Power for the subwoofer is provided by a 150 watt mono amplifier while an additional 2-channel amplifier (50 watts per channel) offers the ability to power the front speakers.

The included remote control is mountable and offers an auxiliary input as well as a master volume control. The 25A1 has adjustable high pass and low pass crossovers, adjustable bass boost and a 0-180° phase adjustment for the subwoofer.

The 25A1 also has high and low inputs for simple a simple connection with most headunits.

MSRP on the Focal Solution 25A1 is $699.99
They are on ebay new for $379 shipped. This looks like a fantastic one shot solution. Mid amp, Sub, Sub enclosure, Sub amp, iPod integration, front controls over the amps in the box.

I'm considering putting my MBQ DVC's on the chopping block and my Art amps back in the closet over this one. I'm already running focal mids.
Old 07-26-10, 05:54 PM
95lexsc300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

focal are known to be badd *** stuff so seems to be a great combo set up
Old 07-26-10, 07:34 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not really a fan of prefabbed all in ones. Just seems like a cheap way to go about things. It doesnt look bad based on the specs so it might be worth a shot if your not into heavy customizing of your system.
Old 07-26-10, 11:20 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont get it how does this ipod controller tie in with your deck or do you just play the music off the ipod only?
Old 07-27-10, 03:56 PM
tneig002
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've installed one for a customer before and while neat and ultimately pretty good in terms of sound, it did feel a bit gimmicky. Considering the amount of control you have through head units these days though, it's a bit unnecessary in my opinion. Knowing how much of an audio head you are, OLT, I'd assume you'd be a little disappointed when you heard it. I'd much rather run "separates" for everything.

Still, being a diehard Focal fan (I generally shun the use of any other equipment) I must say it's not bad for the price. Focal quality for a significantly less-than-Focal amount of money isn't bad. I'd say I'd be concerned about not having the warranty buying off eBay but for under $400 I wouldn't mind that much if I was trying to keep my system simple.
Old 07-27-10, 09:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by tneig002
I've installed one for a customer before and while neat and ultimately pretty good in terms of sound, it did feel a bit gimmicky. Considering the amount of control you have through head units these days though, it's a bit unnecessary in my opinion. Knowing how much of an audio head you are, OLT, I'd assume you'd be a little disappointed when you heard it. I'd much rather run "separates" for everything.

Still, being a diehard Focal fan (I generally shun the use of any other equipment) I must say it's not bad for the price. Focal quality for a significantly less-than-Focal amount of money isn't bad. I'd say I'd be concerned about not having the warranty buying off eBay but for under $400 I wouldn't mind that much if I was trying to keep my system simple.
BOOM. Thanks a bunch. I have Mcintosh DD Subi-mac modified head so I have NO control at my head, which makes this more attractive. I'm running Focal mids and tweets up front so I thought maybe this would be a good setup with a purposely potato salad bland head unit. (only thing else in line right now for processing is an EQX.)
Old 07-28-10, 02:33 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it's what you'll need for your particular setup. Is the ebay seller an authorized reseller? You might want to check out the other online authorized sellers/resellers to see if they can come close to or match the ebay pricing, while offering you full warranty!