Sponsored by:

01 LS430 UL Factory ML Nav system audio integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 11:57 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 01 LS430 UL Factory ML Nav system audio integration

Whats the best method to integrate aftermarket amplifiers and speakers to the factory ML Nav system? I know all the audio/A/C controls are part of the ML Nav system so I would probably leave that alone and add to it with aftermarket amps and speakers. Right now Ive heard the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 and AudioControl DQL-8 are the way to go. But was hoping someone with more experience could chime in. Also Im assuming there is no way to supply the stock nav with a video signal?

My second option is to switch out the entire stock nav system and put in non nav controls for the A/C. Then go all aftermarket. Anyone done this?

Thanks
Old 06-25-10, 06:54 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so now I have figured out sort of what I want to do. For the DVD I can do a Blitzsafe TOY/NAV ITI V.1 or Navtool TL10PIN. Now for the audio interface Im trying to locate something that will give me 2 auxiliary inputs. 1 for the DVD interface and the 2nd for an MP3 player. Will something like the Vais SoundLinQ SLU work for me?

Thanks
Old 06-28-10, 02:49 PM
brio_ls
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Ok so now I have figured out sort of what I want to do. For the DVD I can do a Blitzsafe TOY/NAV ITI V.1 or Navtool TL10PIN. Now for the audio interface Im trying to locate something that will give me 2 auxiliary inputs. 1 for the DVD interface and the 2nd for an MP3 player. Will something like the Vais SoundLinQ SLU work for me?

Thanks
Why you need 2 aux inputs? Almost all aftermarket DVD players support MP3 files. Tell me more about what set up you're planning to install.

As for the NavTool. It is a great interface. It works lika a charm. You can watch DVD while driving. The installation was not so easy only because i have an UL and had to run wires through my folding rear seats for the video switch...

In the beginning i was also thinking about upgrading my ML speakers, but after i mounted my DVD player, i noticed much better sound quality, so i'm happy that didn't have to mess w/ the stock speakers.
Old 06-28-10, 02:59 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brio_ls
Why you need 2 aux inputs? Almost all aftermarket DVD players support MP3 files. Tell me more about what set up you're planning to install.

As for the NavTool. It is a great interface. It works lika a charm. You can watch DVD while driving. The installation was not so easy only because i have an UL and had to run wires through my folding rear seats for the video switch...

In the beginning i was also thinking about upgrading my ML speakers, but after i mounted my DVD player, i noticed much better sound quality, so i'm happy that didn't have to mess w/ the stock speakers.
Well the NavTool does not support audio so I would need an input for the audio from that. Also want to integrate my MP3 player for audio. So that would be the need for 2 aux inputs.

I am currently talking with VaisTech about their SoundLinQ2 SL2Vu and MultiMediaLinQ VLM. I want the ability to play DVD's on my factory ML nav screen and also be able to play MP3's from my MP3 player. I had thought about just doing the DVD unit or gaming console to take care of both but Id rather not have to burn DVD's every time I add songs to my play list or something comes out. I think the VaisTech system is going to do the trick for me.
Old 06-28-10, 03:27 PM
brio_ls
Rookie

Well, i see that you have decided, so it is pointless to make you change your decision I'm sure that VaisTech products are high quality, but i can't remember why i didn't go with the SL2Vu. I didn't like it, because video was not available while in motion or something like that. Never mind. Good luck with the install ;]

Last edited by brio_ls; 06-28-10 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-28-10, 04:25 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Well, i see that you have decided, so it is pointless to make you change your decision I'm sure that VaisTech products are high quality, but i can't remember why i didn't go with the SL2Vu. I didn't like it, because video was not available while in motion or something like that. Never mind. Good luck with the install ;]
My mind is not made up. Simply looking into them as a viable option seeing as they have something that would work for what I need. The NavTool is still on my list as it also has the option of hooking up a back up camera. I would still need something with 2 aux inputs to integrate sound into the system.
Old 06-28-10, 05:41 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Just got confirmation from VaisTech that video is disabled while car is in motion so that crosses the SL2Vu off my list. Still looking at different products and ideas.
Old 06-29-10, 04:52 PM
brio_ls
Rookie

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Just got confirmation from VaisTech that video is disabled while car is in motion so that crosses the SL2Vu off my list. Still looking at different products and ideas.
The best audio/video upgrade would be if you get the SL2Vi(not SL2Vu!), iPod and a really good installer who will be able to locate the VSS + parking brake wires - see this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-driving.html

The second best option for me is:
NavTool for video. USAspec audio interface for Ipod(only audio!), which also has 2 aux inputs, so you can hook up a DVD audio signal into there. Switching between the iPod and the aux inputs works through your touch screen! I went this way with the exception of iPod. I also installed headrest monitors. My last wish is to move the OEM changer in to the glove box and mount my DVD in it's place.
Peace
Old 06-29-10, 07:03 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

The best audio/video upgrade would be if you get the SL2Vi(not SL2Vu!), iPod and a really good installer who will be able to locate the VSS + parking brake wires - see this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-driving.html

The second best option for me is:
NavTool for video. USAspec audio interface for Ipod(only audio!), which also has 2 aux inputs, so you can hook up a DVD audio signal into there. Switching between the iPod and the aux inputs works through your touch screen! I went this way with the exception of iPod. I also installed headrest monitors. My last wish is to move the OEM changer in to the glove box and mount my DVD in it's place.
Peace
Thanks

The reason I didnt consider the SL2Vi is the fact that I was going to use a PS3 as my video source as I dont own an Ipod (nor do I plan on owning one) I will look into the USAspec interface but could also do the VaisTech SLU for audio.