Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 01:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 08:58 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BWS
This is an awesome post. Thank you to the author.
I actually want to keep the factory head unit because it is reliable and easy to use.

I am actually having trouble with the Nakamichi amp in the trunk.
I seem to have to buy a used replacement every 1.5 years.

I recently found the Audio Control LC8i which will convert the line outputs of the head unit into RCA outputs so that I can use an aftermarket amp.

I really appreciate all of the effort and detail in this post.
I will definately be using this to help me locate the wires I need from the factory harness.

Great job!!!
thank you sir
Old 10-22-11, 10:46 AM
Razor687
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
this should be stickied
agreed!! Thank you much!
Old 10-22-11, 10:59 AM
clallred
Driver School Candidate

I know there is one guy that responded about the Nakamichi system, saying he had partial success except for the antenna or something. But I was really hoping to find somebody who could say, without a doubt the it work, and if a certain part of the process doesn't, what to do in that instance. Anybody?!
Old 10-24-11, 02:39 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

this worked perfecf for me, do yourself a favor and get the 9 wire loom, i got 14 feet of it, much easier to run speaker wire from trunk to front and they are all color coded.
Old 10-24-11, 02:42 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
this worked perfecf for me, do yourself a favor and get the 9 wire loom, i got 14 feet of it, much easier to run speaker wire from trunk to front and they are all color coded.
Back before I wrote this, I had thought about that but I wasn't sure yet if I'd have to wire direct to each speaker (including through the door jams) when I started trying to figure this out. A 9 wire harness would be much, much easier for this (maybe I should redo mine)
Old 11-03-11, 02:47 PM
sc300Super
Rookie

raine, i just finished pioneer avh-p2399 dvd step by step. thanks for all you work. some reason my reverse light is not working. have you or anyone had this experience? i'm trying to add reverse camera, no luck.
Old 11-03-11, 02:52 PM
sc300Super
Rookie

oh by the way, I took out factory cd player. and car phone (analog).
Old 11-04-11, 12:57 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300Super
raine, i just finished pioneer avh-p2399 dvd step by step. thanks for all you work. some reason my reverse light is not working. have you or anyone had this experience? i'm trying to add reverse camera, no luck.
This may seem trivial, but did you check the bulbs?
Old 11-04-11, 11:03 AM
sc300Super
Rookie

Originally Posted by raine
This may seem trivial, but did you check the bulbs?
yes, the reverse light does work now. but no back up camera. do you know where i can connect reverse wire from head unit? they tell me backup lamp. is there close by i can tab into?
Old 11-04-11, 04:58 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300Super
yes, the reverse light does work now. but no back up camera. do you know where i can connect reverse wire from head unit? they tell me backup lamp. is there close by i can tab into?
Maybe somewhere in the fuse box at the driver's side kick panel? I'm not sure on that, I had a camera before but I had mine using my head unit's built-in external switches to activate it.
Old 12-07-11, 01:35 PM
hibby50
Driver School Candidate

I really need some help. I wire4d everything as stated except my sub woofer wont work. I have A1 and A8 connected to my remote turn on so and the antenna stays up whether its on tuner, aux cd, etc. and i also connected the a1 and a5 subwoofer wires to an rca jack and plugged it into the red subwoofer port on my headunit. However there is no sound. the only thing i didnt do was modify the sub amp because my antenna stays up anyway and the sub wont work in any mode. I really dont want to splice the amp for no reason but will if thats whats wrong.
Old 12-07-11, 01:43 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hibby50
I wire4d everything as stated...

...I have A1 and A8 connected to my remote turn on...

... the only thing i didnt do was modify the sub amp because my antenna stays up anyway and the sub wont work in any mode. I really dont want to splice the amp for no reason but will if thats whats wrong.
So... you didn't wire everything as stated.
Old 12-07-11, 01:50 PM
hibby50
Driver School Candidate

So... you didn't wire everything as stated.
lol i knew that was coming... but since the antenna's up does it matter? I cant find the proper connections on my sub amp. I really hope im not screwed cuz its a nak i was so good up to this point. This is what my amp looks like.
Attached Thumbnails HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!-imag0029.jpg  
Old 12-07-11, 02:02 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hibby50
lol i knew that was coming... but since the antenna's up does it matter? I cant find the proper connections on my sub amp. I really hope im not screwed cuz its a nak i was so good up to this point. This is what my amp looks like.
Dude, that's 2 for 2.

In bold in the very first post it says "If your factory head unit is a Nakamichi system, this probably won't work, or may work but not completely. Then you'll probably post here and ask me to solve your problem when you tried a Pioneer how-to on a Nakamichi system =P"

...that said, there are a few people who have followed this thread and seemed to have the right connections for Nak systems, you might have to search back a few pages and ask them. No guarantees though, this HT was for the Pioneer setup so on a Nak setup you could be really really close or way off.
Old 12-07-11, 02:05 PM
hibby50
Driver School Candidate

Dude, that's 2 for 2.

In bold in the very first post it says "If your factory head unit is a Nakamichi system, this probably won't work, or may work but not completely. Then you'll probably post here and ask me to solve your problem when you tried a Pioneer how-to on a Nakamichi system =P"

...that said, there are a few people who have followed this thread and seemed to have the right connections for Nak systems, you might have to search back a few pages and ask them. No guarantees though, this HT was for the Pioneer setup so on a Nak setup you could be really really close or way off.
Ight thanks for the help. btw you write up is sweet. I think i just found out what to do but if not ill just get a new amp and sub.

Quick Reply: HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!