Sponsored by:

Vaistech multimedialinq VML with 4th gen nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 02:25 PM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech multimedialinq VML with 4th gen nav

I just installed the Vaistech VML in my LS430 with 4th gen navigation.

I loaded a usb stick with 20 folders (albums) and I get a menu for picking folders 1 through 12. How do I know which folder is the album I want without listening to it? Seems like a basic functionality is missing.

Also, the only way I know to get to the 20th album folder is by pushing "12" and then continually pressing a physical button which skips to the next folder. Each time, I have to let it load and listen to know which album is playing.

Please tell me I am missing something.

I am using MD emulation but have tried CD emulation too. I don't think my system supports cd-mp3 emulation.

Mike
Old 03-27-09, 09:38 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by hulla
I just installed the Vaistech VML in my LS430 with 4th gen navigation.

I loaded a usb stick with 20 folders (albums) and I get a menu for picking folders 1 through 12. How do I know which folder is the album I want without listening to it? Seems like a basic functionality is missing.

Also, the only way I know to get to the 20th album folder is by pushing "12" and then continually pressing a physical button which skips to the next folder. Each time, I have to let it load and listen to know which album is playing.

Please tell me I am missing something.

I am using MD emulation but have tried CD emulation too. I don't think my system supports cd-mp3 emulation.

Mike
If you push the TITLE button on your screen it'll show the TEXT info for folder (album) and song title on your screen. Also you can switch to the first 12 folders by pressing buttons 1 through 12 on your screen, and to advance to folders 13+ you need to press DISC UP button.

MD emulation is the best for this car.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Old 03-27-09, 09:40 PM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying your products (I have the XM adapter too).

However, lets say I want play a certain album but don't know which number it is. I have 20 albums on my usb drive. What is the fastest way to find it?
Old 03-30-09, 10:38 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by hulla
Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying your products (I have the XM adapter too).

However, lets say I want play a certain album but don't know which number it is. I have 20 albums on my usb drive. What is the fastest way to find it?
With this generation navigation you can only go one at the time. But it displays them very quickly once you push your disc up button, so you will scroll them pretty fast.
Old 04-27-09, 08:42 PM
Gil Smash
Driver

How well does it integrate with the system? Are you able to select songs while driving? Also, what exactly does the MD emulation mean? Thanks in advance
Old 04-28-09, 11:18 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by 666ogre666
How well does it integrate with the system? Are you able to select songs while driving? Also, what exactly does the MD emulation mean? Thanks in advance
MD emulation stands for mini disc emulation. With VML you will get two line of display on your screen the top will display folder and the bottom will display file name. Disc up and down will select folders and track up and down will select files. RND, RPT features are also available.

Just imagine putting your music library on flash drive or external HDD and with easy hook up through USB port on VML you play it in the car. It's as easy as this!

5Th Gen Nav gets more functionality, whoever is interested can view videos on our website.