Sponsored by:

Installing a Pythin 1400XP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-08, 02:35 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing a Pythin 1400XP

I'm going to be installing the Python 1400XP Remote Starter into my SC300, is there anything I should be on the look out for? When this is hooked up will the stock alarm still work................not that it really matters, but it would be nice if it did and I could control it from one remote. I just want to make sure that I'm correct when I say that the 97 SC300 DID NOT have the immobilizer built in, that was 98 and up correct?

Now I know that someone is going to say that I should bring it to a shop and have it done, but honestly I will never learn unless I work it out myself, so that is why I'm doing all the research I can before hand.

Last edited by Sup2jzgte; 10-24-08 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-24-08, 07:30 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not sure if this will help anyone in the future or not, but I figured I would post it anyways. Here are the locations and color code of the wires for the 97 SC300................and probably most if not all other years of SC300

Last edited by Sup2jzgte; 10-24-08 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-24-08, 07:58 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

it shouldn't be too hard working with the diagrams that you have... it will definitely be a good amount of work. i do it all the time and i'd put about 2-4 hours into a good, complete, and stealth install. i couldn't put an amount of time on it for someone who hasn't done it before.
the initial investment into the right tools that you will need for the job will probably be more than it is to pay to have it done... you'll need: a good multimeter to test every wire (75+), good pair of side strippers ($20), good (not cheap) electrical tape ($4/roll), a pick set ($20+), and basic hand tools to disassemble the parts of the vehicle you need to access.
by all means, if you are a diyer don't let me discourage you. i just want to make you aware of what you are getting yourself into because i do know what type of install this is...
anyway, GL. and if you have any questions along the way just ask, i'd be happy to give advice!
Old 10-24-08, 08:04 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by basketthis
it shouldn't be too hard working with the diagrams that you have... it will definitely be a good amount of work. i do it all the time and i'd put about 2-4 hours into a good, complete, and stealth install. i couldn't put an amount of time on it for someone who hasn't done it before.
the initial investment into the right tools that you will need for the job will probably be more than it is to pay to have it done... you'll need: a good multimeter to test every wire (75+), good pair of side strippers ($20), good (not cheap) electrical tape ($4/roll), a pick set ($20+), and basic hand tools to disassemble the parts of the vehicle you need to access.
by all means, if you are a diyer don't let me discourage you. i just want to make you aware of what you are getting yourself into because i do know what type of install this is...
anyway, GL. and if you have any questions along the way just ask, i'd be happy to give advice!
Thanks man Yeah I'm not a newb when it comes to DIY on cars and other things I just have never attempted an auto starter before, but I do have a great fluke DM and all the tools I need...............to damn many actually lol.

If anyone has this unit do you know if there are any add-ons I can get for it? I check Directed's web site but I could not find anything that was made for this, such as an add-on alarm or window modules?

SOOOOOO yeah..........am I right about the 97 not having a built in immobilizer lol?
Old 10-24-08, 09:42 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

You should be able to get ahold of some window modules or something. If you are considering getting an alarm I would suggest you look into the all-in-one alarm/remote start/keyless entry modules. One of the upper end models will include all of them. You can however by an additional alarm and add it on but it will only make the install process more difficult and most likely frustrating...

Not sure on your immobilizer, but can say that I don't THINK it does... Anything before 98-99 usually doesn't have one...
Old 10-24-08, 09:49 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

You should be able to get ahold of some window modules or something. If you are considering getting an alarm I would suggest you look into the all-in-one alarm/remote start/keyless entry modules. One of the upper end models will include all of them. You can however by an additional alarm and add it on but it will only make the install process more difficult and most likely frustrating...

Not sure on your immobilizer, but can say that I don't THINK it does... Anything before 98-99 usually doesn't have one...
Well I got the 1400XP brand new for free.......I just sold my Python 990 for 5x what I paid for it (got it for $100 from where I work brand new and sold it for $500)................and I was not planning on selling it, but when someone offers you that much for something you dont turn it down lol. I mean honestly I'm not a fan of the alarms really because in my experience if someone wants something in your car they are going to get it regardless if there is an alarm or not, that is why I'm good with my stock alarm. I was just wondering if in the future I could add it if I wanted to, what I would like to get is window modules and something for the sunroof as well.

I have been reading the manual and honestly it seems pretty straight forward so far, but I can guarantee I will have questions so stay tuned lol.
Old 10-27-08, 04:21 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Do I have to use a relay for the second starter?
Old 10-27-08, 08:20 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Any ideas?
Old 10-28-08, 09:25 AM
basketthis
Pole Position

yep. definitely do! just like the ignition starter, just for the starter wire instead. you will only want it to pulse while cranking!!!
i can provide you the answers to your questions, however:
disclaimer: this info is only provided as advice and it is recommended that you have a professional installer do the work if you do not feel comfortable doing the work. you are taking this advice at your own risk and could possibly cause irreparable damage to your vehicle. i am not held accountable for any info provided.
Old 10-28-08, 02:37 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

yep. definitely do! just like the ignition starter, just for the starter wire instead. you will only want it to pulse while cranking!!!
i can provide you the answers to your questions, however:
disclaimer: this info is only provided as advice and it is recommended that you have a professional installer do the work if you do not feel comfortable doing the work. you are taking this advice at your own risk and could possibly cause irreparable damage to your vehicle. i am not held accountable for any info provided.
Oh I understand 100% and I would never hold anyone accountable for any mistakes I would make, I just really appreciate the help . The reason why I'm asking all kinds of questions is because I want to all my search before I start doing this so it will go as smooth as possible. I have been reading online like crazy, can you recommend any good sources for understanding how these work? I like to understand how things work before I install them, any suggestions on books, videos, etc.....?
Old 11-24-08, 12:25 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Alright so I finally got around to installing this unit and all has gone well except for one thing...............how to do I hook up the keyless entry lol. I tapped the green and white along with the green and yellow but it still will not unlock.
Old 11-25-08, 08:36 AM
basketthis
Pole Position

which kick panel did you find them in? i personally only follow the info provided from the company pictured in the first diagram.... i would go to the passenger kick and find the wires. if it is locking and not unlocking, try pushing the unlock button two times consecutively and see if the locks pop up. if so, you will need to program for double pulse unlock which is described in the installation manual provided with the unit... GL! hope this helps
Old 04-22-09, 11:30 AM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup2jzgte:
quick question
when your aftermarket alarm goes off, does it also activate the OE one? (I like that the OE one activates that loudass factory horn)
Or vise-versa?
like when the stock alarm detects the trunk/hood was opened....
will that also trigger the new alarm?

thanks
Old 04-22-09, 02:21 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

I replaced my stock horns with air horns, so when my alarm goes off it sounds like a huge truck lol. Yes if you hook up the trunk sensor it will trigger the alarm
Old 04-22-09, 03:50 PM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
I replaced my stock horns with air horns, so when my alarm goes off it sounds like a huge truck lol. Yes if you hook up the trunk sensor it will trigger the alarm
are you air horns compressor driven or electric?

hmmm, I was hoping I wouldn't have to hook up the aftermarket trigger for the trunk/hood and rely on the OE trunk/hood trigger; as they are already in place, seems redundant to wire it in again...

Quick Reply: Installing a Pythin 1400XP