about better sound clarity..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-03, 06:56 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about better sound clarity..

hello all,

I usually don't post much on this forum, I'm more of a reader. Anyway, I have been searching for more information on the sc400 speakers and havn't found anything that good. My question to everyone is what should i get for Christmas to make my car sound a little nicer.

Right now I have the following:

MTX 942 Thunder 2channel Amp
2 12' Alpine Type R subwoofers in custom box
New rear speakrs (2000 spec alpines)
removed the stock subwoofer

everything else is stock.. So i went up to custom sounds today to figure out what I want to get. They told me to get new front speakrs and tweeters ( i think those are the small speakrs rigt by the wheel right?). Then they told me to power this all with a 4 channel amp.

So my plan right now is to buy the 4 new speakers i need a 4channel amp and most definently a new CD player.

Can anyone give me the specs on what size i will use for the speakers, what type you would reccomend ( i just need a all around good one). A good cd player to get. And any info on the stock amp, i have never seen it.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-03, 07:36 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock speaker size is 4" (search, search, search!). However, people have been able to fit 5.25" and even 6.5 inch I believe.

You have to go out there and listen to everything - then decide what you like best. Also, I dont see why you need a four channel amplifier. I would just go with one two channel to power two component front speakers, and run the rears off the headunit for rear fill.

-Brian.
Old 12-08-03, 07:48 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the thing is.. i kinda want to get a new head unit. The entire reason why i want to get a new one is because everytime i turn the bass up on my CDs, it kicks out because my cd changer is in the back.

Now i know, im a newbie in car audio, but is there a way where i could keep the stock head unit and get my cd player in the front so i can turn the bass up louder?