LC Model (2018-present)

Illuminated threshold

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 05:49 PM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Illuminated threshold

I just got the illuminated entry threshold upgrade for my LC500. Very nice. They stand out at night and look great.
Does anyone else have these?
Old 02-19-18, 06:30 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by RichKeagy
I just got the illuminated entry threshold upgrade for my LC500. Very nice. They stand out at night and look great.
I inquired about whether they were available to work with the carbon fiber thresholds - that come with the Performance Pkg. I never got an answer from my dealership, so I didn't pursue these. From what I could discern, they look like they come with trim to match one of the 3 interior colors (black, caramel, or blue). I decided, if they don't have a version that maintains some of the carbon trim, I might not like them.
Old 02-19-18, 06:31 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by RichKeagy
Post some pics when you get a chance!
Old 02-19-18, 06:49 PM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
Post some pics when you get a chance!
Old 02-20-18, 04:07 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Looks really nice!
Old 02-20-18, 07:03 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the update, looks terrific.
Old 02-20-18, 11:21 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

That picture confirms that it's only for non-carbon sill version.
Old 02-20-18, 03:06 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
That picture confirms that it's only for non-carbon sill version.
LOL, so does the brochure.
Old 02-20-18, 03:28 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't see illuminated door sills ANYWHERE in the PDF brochure.
Old 02-20-18, 04:01 PM
uchujin
Advanced

They are shown in the PDF accessories brochure (https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...rochure_LC.pdf). It doesn't explicitly indicate that these won't fit with the carbon sills, although it does seem pretty obvious that they won't - since the carbon sill doesn't have a non-illuminated metal sill insert to be replaced. I suspect the only way to install these with the carbon sills would be to remove the entire carbon piece and replace it with a stock black one... Which kinda defeats the purpose of getting the carbon sills. I inquired as to whether there is an illuminated sill with an integrated carbon housing, but my service manager never got a definitive answer. He just said he was told they would work. He offered to get me a set to see if they might work. I haven't pursued that yet, but I might give it a shot, since he offered no obligation to purchase if it isn't a carbon housed sill.
Old 02-20-18, 05:03 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for that. I couldn't find it on the link that is listed in the other accessories link.
Old 02-20-18, 07:36 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
They are shown in the PDF accessories brochure (https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...rochure_LC.pdf). It doesn't explicitly indicate that these won't fit with the carbon sills, although it does seem pretty obvious that they won't - since the carbon sill doesn't have a non-illuminated metal sill insert to be replaced. I suspect the only way to install these with the carbon sills would be to remove the entire carbon piece and replace it with a stock black one... Which kinda defeats the purpose of getting the carbon sills. I inquired as to whether there is an illuminated sill with an integrated carbon housing, but my service manager never got a definitive answer. He just said he was told they would work. He offered to get me a set to see if they might work. I haven't pursued that yet, but I might give it a shot, since he offered no obligation to purchase if it isn't a carbon housed sill.
No, you can’t get carbon illuminated version. But you can replace your carbon ones with the illuminated ones, but I don’t think anyone would do that.
Old 02-21-18, 09:18 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks nice and I always liked the illuminated sills in my 400h and 450h, but my personal preference with the LC is the carbon fiber.
Old 02-25-18, 10:59 AM
TCB1977
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone on this site ordered and installed these illuminated door sills. I am told there is a factory plug but haven't been able to locate it.
Thanks in advance, Ed
Old 03-12-18, 06:11 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TCB1977
Has anyone on this site ordered and installed these illuminated door sills. I am told there is a factory plug but haven't been able to locate it.
Thanks in advance, Ed
if anything like the 2017 rx350, then when you pull the sill up the plug is beneath it.

Quick Reply: Illuminated threshold