LC Model (2018-present)

LC with Ultra Sonic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-18, 02:05 PM
NickL
Racer

Received 421 Likes on 272 Posts
Default LC with Ultra Sonic Blue

Anyone know if the 2019 LC will be available in USB? Structural Blue is too limited and impossible to color match if need to repaint. Mica Blue is too dark for me.
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (06-12-24)
Old 02-16-18, 04:20 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, but Lexus doesn't make Ultra Sonic Blue 2.0 for the LC
Old 06-11-24, 11:50 AM
NickL
Racer

Just saw this related thread posted by me 6 years ago.
6 years later and I got the LC500 I wanted.
The following 8 users liked this post by NickL:
355F1 (06-12-24), AutoCrazy (06-11-24), F1nALMSfan (08-01-24), jbuffett (06-11-24), KiwiGreg (08-01-24), mcmiked97 (06-16-24), Reinvention (06-12-24), snowyblue (08-07-24) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-12-24, 06:00 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Just saw this related thread posted by me 6 years ago.
6 years later and I got the LC500 I wanted.
And here I was wondering the purpose of this thread... clicked through and saw your first post and got REALLY confused why a new thread was talking about a 2019 year.... saw the date.. and then this ^^^ and smiled.

Congrats! As I mentioned in the other thread I get my USB 2.0 in a few weeks. Maybe someone at Lexus saw your 2018 post and made the call. Even if it's not true, thanks for making my 2024 USB 2.0 dream come true too
Old 06-12-24, 10:51 AM
NickL
Racer

Mehran888,
I can’t wait to see yours. It’ll be worth the wait. I know you asked for some pics in the other thread after my car has been ppf. I don’t want to hi-jack the other thread but since this thread is mine, I’ll do it here.
They had the car for about 10 days. First 3 days was probably just sitting since I did not get any notification from my Lexus apps. They did the level one paint correction to buff out all the swirls from transportation and mostly the dealership car wash. Yes, even the car was picked up fresh from the truck with 5 miles on the odo, I forgot to tell them not to wash the car but they probably washed it a couple times before I picked it up. I also drove the car for about a month with 400miles just to make sure it’s not a lemon before the PPF. I did not take it on the freeway. Was paranoid about flying debris lol.
Overall, I’m very satisfied with the job. They did my GSF about 3 years ago and I didn’t want to experiment with a new shop with the LC so I went back to them.
I honestly think they did everything they could on the edges of the film.

I was most concerned with this. Lots of different pieces but they did a great job. Headlights are fully protected.

I was surprised to find the most bottom diffuser was nicely covered as well.

On the trunk, there is a seam connecting the top piece and bottom piece. I asked why they couldn’t do one piece and their answer was because of the budge/lip of the trunk. They needed a relief point otherwise, it’ll bubble and will not stick. Good enough for me. Can’t really see it.

Edges are tucked anywhere they could. Front quarter panel wheel well was removed and edge tucked in.

Door handle.

Overall, if you know where to look, you’ll find the edges of the PPF. For a common person, they probably don’t know there’s a plastic film all over the car.

Full body PPF is the only way I will keep a car that is important to me. I’m a little **** when dust gets on my vehicle so I wipe it down pretty frequently. Having PPF and ceramic coating allows me to keep it clean all the time without worrying about damaging the actually paint.
Hope that helps your decision on PPF on your Bespoke when it arrives.
The following 5 users liked this post by NickL:
2959 (06-13-24), FLBill (06-15-24), mcmiked97 (06-16-24), mehran888 (06-13-24), ProReverb (06-13-24)
Old 06-12-24, 12:42 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Nick, the PPF looks great as does the color.

However, I'm not sure about that seam in your trunk. I have full PPF on my infrared as well (and with active spoiler) and it's all one piece, no seam/relief cuts; actually the whole car for each panel is all one piece.
Old 06-12-24, 12:54 PM
NickL
Racer

Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if the active spoiler made it easier or maybe the shop you used is just more skilled. Every panel is their own piece except the trunk has two. It was the first thing I questioned when I saw it.
I’ll have to see how much the seam will bother me. Right now, with only one month of ownership, I’m still very much in the honey moon phase with the LC500.
Old 06-12-24, 01:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,642 Posts

congrats! beautiful car after a very long wait.
Old 06-13-24, 02:50 PM
ProReverb
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With that color, no need to hope/wait for a Structural Blue to become available - beautiful!
Old 08-01-24, 11:21 AM
NickL
Racer

Spent some time at the wrap shop this morning to chrome delete the rear, the katanas, and the mirrors. Looks okay. Probably will peel them off after a couple years.

The following 3 users liked this post by NickL:
BlueIS05 (08-01-24), F1nALMSfan (08-01-24), np20412 (08-01-24)
Old 08-01-24, 11:31 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 415 Likes on 290 Posts

Looks good. I am surprised at how much cleaner the mirror chrome delete makes the car look. I already bought the stick on carbon-fiber piece to go over that mirror chrome, but I am not convinced how it will look once applied. I plan to wrap it if I don't like since I'll be disassembling the mirror anyway in order to install a sequential LED turn bulb with smoked lens.

I like the clean look of the dark katanas also, I am still wholly undecided about what to do with those. I wish they had done them in black chrome as well with that package. I plan to have orange calipers and accents against my USB so I am debating if I should wrap the katanas in orange to match. Not convinced how it'll look.
Old 08-01-24, 11:42 AM
NickL
Racer

I wasn’t going to do the katanas. But since he priced me with them, I went with it since I was already waiting. I have to let all this soak in before I decide if I want to remove it. The good thing here is that it’s not invasive and can be undone quite easily. And it wasn’t much money.
I was disappointed that the exhaust diffuser didn’t get wrapped. He said that area was really hot and he wasn’t sure how the vinyl will last. After 2.5hrs of waiting and I was starving, I left. Figure u can remove those pieces and install the carbon fiber one or plasti-dip them.
Old 08-01-24, 11:45 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NickL
I wasn’t going to do the katanas. But since he priced me with them, I went with it since I was already waiting. I have to let all this soak in before I decide if I want to remove it. The good thing here is that it’s not invasive and can be undone quite easily. And it wasn’t much money.
I was disappointed that the exhaust diffuser didn’t get wrapped. He said that area was really hot and he wasn’t sure how the vinyl will last. After 2.5hrs of waiting and I was starving, I left. Figure u can remove those pieces and install the carbon fiber one or plasti-dip them.
I saw a video and the katanas were easily removable so I am going to try the orange wrap and see how I like it. I figure worst case I'll pull them off and rewrap in black.

Yup I had a few shops tell me they won't vinyl the exhaust cutouts as well. I am just going to paint mine with high-temp engine paint. I think some members have used hyperdip on them, but hyperdip claims you shouldn't due to the heat. I don't foresee myself ever wanting the chrome back in those cutouts, so I don't mind painting them properly in a satin black to match the wheels.
Old 08-01-24, 11:53 AM
NickL
Racer

I’m thinking about these.
https://e6carbon.com/product/lexus-l...-exhaust-trim/

and also the chrome piece at the bottom of the grill. Even though it’s dark chrome, I hate all the water spots collected there because it’s flat. I picked up the car off the truck at 5 miles and it had some water spots there that I can’t remove. Haven’t tried very hard though.
https://e6carbon.com/product/lexus-l...center-grille/
Old 08-01-24, 11:54 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Yup have seen those from E6, but I just can't for $340 when a can of VHT, some drop cloths and a roll of frog tape can accomplish the same thing. I'm not even gonna take them off the car.

Interesting point about the lower grill. I have been eyeing that carbon insert as well. It used to be a factory option too I believe

Quick Reply: LC with Ultra Sonic Blue