LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC - Carplay issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-24, 07:26 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Default 2024 LC - Carplay issues

Anyone noticing carplay issues on the 24 LC? I use wireless carplay mostly, and from time to time, after carplay starts, it doesn't play any sounds nor the volume **** have any effects. When i play spotify for example, I can choose a song to play, and it does appear to be playing based on what I see on the track progress bar, but there is no volume at all. I tried changing songs, but same behavior and no volume input / change is possible. Just silence..

When this happens, I have to kill spotify and restart (sometimes this doesn't work either). Eventually after about 30 seconds or so, the volume control comes back online. Is this a known issue? I've also check for software updates on the car, but nothing..
Old 05-03-24, 05:48 AM
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by asong1
Anyone noticing carplay issues on the 24 LC? I use wireless carplay mostly, and from time to time, after carplay starts, it doesn't play any sounds nor the volume **** have any effects. When i play spotify for example, I can choose a song to play, and it does appear to be playing based on what I see on the track progress bar, but there is no volume at all. I tried changing songs, but same behavior and no volume input / change is possible. Just silence..

When this happens, I have to kill spotify and restart (sometimes this doesn't work either). Eventually after about 30 seconds or so, the volume control comes back online. Is this a known issue? I've also check for software updates on the car, but nothing..
Not having a 24 LC (23 LC) I've noticed a similar issue on my other Lexus's whether Bluetooth or Wired (CarPlay shows music playing but no sound even skipping stations). What I've found was changing the Media selection to another source and back resolved the issue.

Also just installed (this week) the Beat-Sonic in the RXL, so far no issues (well a display resolution that was quickly resolved) and a very fast boot time.

Only other issue recently is I'm running Ottocast in the LC (for wireless CarPlay) and yesterday it would just display the Logo while the Ottocast unit was flashing blue. Finally figured out it was updating it's software.
The following users liked this post:
lynneandbryan (05-03-24)
Old 05-03-24, 07:39 AM
lynneandbryan
9th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Good Morning Asong1

My wife’s 24 does not have any connection issues whatsoever. My Camaro which has wireless CarPlay DOES.

When my Camaro acts up like yours does I have fixed it in the past another way. Seems to last for months. When it acts up I go to the Bluetooth connection settings by touching the little i. Then I toggle CarPlay on and off and presto it’s good for months and months.

Also for reference she uses a 15 pro and i have a 12 pro which also might be a factor.

Since her Lexus is trouble free I have no idea if this is a solution, but if it works for you that would be awesome. Force closing apps all the time is just the worst.

good luck and God bless
-Bryan
2959 (05-05-24)
Old 05-03-24, 07:57 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

I believe this is a software bug.

My 2024 RX350H exhibits the same issue from time to time.

Only fix I found is any one of the three:

1. Close app and restart (I only use Spotify with an iPhone, so I don't know if the issue occurs with other apps)
2. Hold volume button on car display screen down to restart car software.
3. or, Disable bluetooth on phone and reenable.

Some additional references. Note one user states to let the car computer completely boot up before driving off.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...h-spotify.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarPlay/com...lay/?rdt=44064

Hopefully a software update comes out to an address this. This issue appears to happen approximately every 15-20 car starts (trips).

Last edited by chuckNX; 05-03-24 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-03-24, 07:59 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello! If anyone is looking to add wireless CarPlay because their car already has CarPlay, we have a product made in the USA that comes with a five-year warranty. Additionally, we offer another product that adds HDMI input, allowing you to add HDMI devices and additional cameras, such as a front camera, to your vehicle without dismantling the dashboard. You simply plug it into the USB port of your car. This product works on cars with both wired and wireless CarPlay.

For members using things like Ottocast who are limited to either watching video or doing wireless CarPlay unless they purchase a SIM card, our pure HDMI input eliminates this issue. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or use the live chat on our website.

Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto device - coupons $100 off - clublexus100 - CLICK HERE FOR A LINK
  • 5 Years Warranty.
  • Made In USA.

If your vehicle has either wired or wireless CarPlay, it doesn't matter. If you're looking to watch videos or add cameras, take a look at this solution. - coupons $100 off - clublexus100 - CLICK HERE
  • 5 Years Warranty.
  • Made In USA.

355F1 (05-04-24)
Old 05-03-24, 11:19 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

My disconnect issues (iPhone) occur after 'Siri' commands; phone calls, txt msgs, etc. Specifically, Pandora does not automatically restart. Like you, Vol **** does not react. Restart happens only through Siri, not Lexus assistant. However, will auto restart after rcving calls...so i assume Lexus system stays paused after any driver initiated Carplay commands. Hoping for firmware update fix.
2959 (05-05-24)
Old 05-04-24, 04:22 PM
maraca
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes!!!!!! I have the same issue, mentioned it to Lexus, opened a ticket with Apple too, and talked to “escalation”. They have suggested that it was a new issue for them and suggested I reset my phone. I have not done it. However, I suggest you open a case also and reference mine, happy to provide it. Higher chances that devs will look into it and fix it.
Old 05-10-24, 04:59 PM
xoguap
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue in my 24 LC. To deal with the issue upon getting in my car, I open Spotify on my phone, close it, reopen, and select a song/playlist. This works, but it is tedious. I hope Lexus fixes this with the next software update.
Old 05-12-24, 05:08 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

I think this may be the Spotify app issue. I use Tidal and wireless CarPlay is flawless.
However, it only allows me to play Tidal while not using the Google map in CarPlay. It seems to not able to run more than one app at a time with wireless CarPlay. If I switch over to Lexus map( also google map), Tidal will resume playing.
bitkahuna (05-12-24)
Old 05-12-24, 09:08 AM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I am Android guy not an apple one but I can recommend you to do a test on your apple phone to see if it is a software or hardware issue.

on your phone run Spotify and then open apple map and see if it still playing music. Do same with Tidle. If both working fine without interruption then it is most likely that CarPlay has issue working with Spotify. Sounds like Tddle has no issues to play music on background.

also try it wireless and wired if there is any difference in behavior.

btw how wireless CarPlay connects with headunit? Is it using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It could be possible that device tried to connect to CarPlay and at the same time tried to connect audio. So maybe there is a concurrency and CarPlay tries to play it but device sends sound via different channel.

what I try to say - try to make multiple tests to clearly isolate the issue, so Lexus will have more clear picture of the problem.

Last edited by microsup; 05-12-24 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-12-24, 06:50 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Tidal is working the way it should with CarPlay.