Performance Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 05:53 PM
ping83
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Performance Opinion

CL,

I have owned my F for close to 4 years now. My performance mods consist of Joez exhaust, Joez intake tube, and gutted cats on stock manifolds.

I am getting the itch to do something and the question I have is would I really be able to tell the difference if I did PPE headers, RR intake, & RR tune. These mods all in including header install will be roughly $3,500.

Would you really be able to tell a difference with the “Butt” dyno vs what I currently have?

Matt

Last edited by ping83; 04-10-19 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-10-19, 06:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^Absolutly

Lou
Old 04-10-19, 06:57 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Night and day difference. Don’t forget motor mounts while your doing headers as well and save yourself the headache later on.
The following users liked this post:
YeShrug (04-12-19)
Old 04-10-19, 07:40 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I wouldn't call it night and day difference but there is butt dyno effect. I was one of a few with the tune and gutted primary cats. I went FBO due to my stock passenger side header being cracked. Decided to get the tuned intake and engine mounts as well. What mainly was the difference was top end. Top end is definitely noticable. A little low end torque gain was also noted. Overall, I was very satisfied and couldn't ask for more. Weird thing was my stock engine mounts were still in very good condition. Absolutely no cracks or any deformity. Completely opposite of what I thought it was going to be. The engine mount is worthy of a upgrade if you are going headers. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-10-19, 08:32 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove on intake, Joez for the longest time.
did the PPE, rr racing intake and Tune - nice jump! do yourself the favour - buy one at a time - easier on the dollar and then later you will forget about it and will be so happy
Old 04-11-19, 05:20 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

I had HPS intake tube and Joe Z for a while before I did headers. Did the Sikky V2 headers and I didn't feel a dramatic difference down low, but man oh man does it pull up top! 60-140 comes much faster!
Ran my best 1/8 mile with a 89.99mph trap also! Putting my 0-60 at 3.7 to 3.8 seconds (with fresh MP4S tires).
Tune and intake will be next. Just scared I'll hate having the 2nd stage intake opening gone....anyone else miss that noise at 3700 rpm after the RR intake install?!

V.
Old 04-11-19, 10:58 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I had HPS intake tube and Joe Z for a while before I did headers. Did the Sikky V2 headers and I didn't feel a dramatic difference down low, but man oh man does it pull up top! 60-140 comes much faster!
Ran my best 1/8 mile with a 89.99mph trap also! Putting my 0-60 at 3.7 to 3.8 seconds (with fresh MP4S tires).
Tune and intake will be next. Just scared I'll hate having the 2nd stage intake opening gone....anyone else miss that noise at 3700 rpm after the RR intake install?!

V.
no. My intake is loud all the time now. I like it that way.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jwconeil:
Vitveet (04-11-19), YeShrug (04-12-19)
Old 04-11-19, 11:16 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just get the tune ..
the intake and header still won’t put you any closer to these new v6 v8 turbos
Old 04-11-19, 11:51 AM
SCORP69
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
just get the tune ..
the intake and header still won’t put you any closer to these new v6 v8 turbos
you can't tune the F as you can the 11-up mustangs. mustangs have so much aftermarket and tuning support it's ridiculous.
Old 04-12-19, 01:35 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet

V.
Find a tuner who can tune the RR Racing package, keep your stock intake and get a custom tune.
Old 04-12-19, 01:56 PM
YeShrug
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
I wouldn't call it night and day difference but there is butt dyno effect. I was one of a few with the tune and gutted primary cats. I went FBO due to my stock passenger side header being cracked. Decided to get the tuned intake and engine mounts as well. What mainly was the difference was top end. Top end is definitely noticable. A little low end torque gain was also noted. Overall, I was very satisfied and couldn't ask for more. Weird thing was my stock engine mounts were still in very good condition. Absolutely no cracks or any deformity. Completely opposite of what I thought it was going to be. The engine mount is worthy of a upgrade if you are going headers. Just my 2 cents.
You have the urethane RR's? How's any excessive/annoying vibration? Only have 54.5k on mine but going to swap out my mounts while the PPE's are going in too.
Old 04-12-19, 03:30 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by YeShrug
You have the urethane RR's? How's any excessive/annoying vibration? Only have 54.5k on mine but going to swap out my mounts while the PPE's are going in too.
The engine mounts so far has been very good. Engine feels more connected to the chassis if that makes sense to you? Just make sure to get the updated version. I got the 1st gen and it came with a heat shield. Heatsheild was kinda odd to install on a engine mount. So far, nothing annoying.
The following users liked this post:
tred (04-12-19)
Old 04-12-19, 07:52 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by SCORP69
you can't tune the F as you can the 11-up mustangs. mustangs have so much aftermarket and tuning support it's ridiculous.
I don’t agree with this at all. Last summer my buddy with a FBO tuned coyote ran low 12s all summer. He had drag radials, but I almost beat him many times with just header and exhaust and garbage tires at the strip. I never beat him at the quarter, but came close. He would pull me in the 60 and I would start to catch him. I beat him every time on the interstate.

Now tuned with drag radials, I’m confident I would win, except he has a blower now.

As to tuned turbo V6s, don’t sell our cars short. A FBO tuned ISF runs high 11s to low 12s depending on location and weather. That’s faster than stock GT350s. My car probably makes 500 crank hp and has low rotational mass and drag radials. It’s anything but slow. As to those supercharged V8s, many are very fast, but most are driven by people with no grasp of how to put the power down. They spin as I pass them by. I’m very pleased with how well these cars race.
Old 04-13-19, 09:20 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

with all the B.S , u want a super fast car ? ISF is a fun and reliable , sleeper sedan car for daily , weekend fast fast u want to get Godzilla unlimited power if your pocket is endless lolz super fun , u will jizz in your pant everytime u launch from dig or from roll . Best combo for JDM lolz

Last edited by ISF4life; 04-13-19 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-13-19, 10:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Headers definitely make a huge difference.

As wells as the other mods.

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Performance Opinion