IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MForce ECU - Crackle, Pop Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-18, 01:21 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default MForce ECU - Crackle, Pop Tune

There is a tuner called MForce, fairly new based in Canada who does ECU tuning for a variety of cars. They recently posted an IS F that had crackles, and pops which a lot of people where looking for. I sourced an instagram video below. Let me know your guys thoughts. I've asked for pricing, but he hasn't replied. Maybe we will have a possible group buy?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BocxZeqA6CN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16hxiwi59ypo

Little bit of my input, I believe its adjustable, I'm not sure if it will pop only in sport mode. Im waiting for answers
Old 11-06-18, 05:49 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

In for updates. I may be interested if it's adjustable. It's a little excessive to me as is in the video.
Old 11-06-18, 07:09 AM
Prezajf
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If it weren’t too excessive I’d probably try to hop on it.
Old 11-06-18, 09:39 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/902327-popcorn-tune-back-fire-check-it-out.html
Old 11-07-18, 12:53 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts

lmfao I'll take the pops, I've done 40k on my car since I've gotten it in December and I'd love to have some more variety to my car.
Old 11-07-18, 06:43 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Just my opinion but when he gets off the throttle it sounds like firecrackers going off. Just sound to artificial. I'd rather hear the deep rumble and rev match down shift of ISF than artificial snap crackle and pop of this tune. Makes it sound like ricer to me. If the car did it on its own and subtle like some exotic supercars then that's one thing but to artificially induce this noise it just sounds fake and obviously over done. Every body is entitle to there own thing its there car so they can do what they like. Just my opinion, it he wants to do this popping sound tone it down.

Last edited by Weapon F; 11-07-18 at 06:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weapon F:
isfvss (05-14-19), jdmSW20 (11-09-18)
Old 11-09-18, 10:53 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Just my opinion but when he gets off the throttle it sounds like firecrackers going off. Just sound to artificial. I'd rather hear the deep rumble and rev match down shift of ISF than artificial snap crackle and pop of this tune. Makes it sound like ricer to me. If the car did it on its own and subtle like some exotic supercars then that's one thing but to artificially induce this noise it just sounds fake and obviously over done. Every body is entitle to there own thing its there car so they can do what they like. Just my opinion, it he wants to do this popping sound tone it down.
Yeah I co sign this. If the car did this naturally okay fine, but when its made to do this it doesn't sound as good to me honestly. To each his own though
Old 11-09-18, 10:57 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
Yeah I co sign this. If the car did this naturally okay fine, but when its made to do this it doesn't sound as good to me honestly. To each his own though

As much as I agree, supercars are tuned to do it on purpose also. Its all overun, it's definitely not needed. The sound is just for pure pleasure. This although sounds horrible depending on pricing, i'll see if its even worth it.
Old 11-09-18, 11:38 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

RR chimed in on the other thread and said it is not good for the engine long term. On that basis alone, we should all pass.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jwconeil:
Icetrai350 (11-07-19), RRRacing (05-06-20)
Old 05-14-19, 02:42 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Bringing this back from the dead.

I’m in Canada, albeit the other side of the country from MForce, but they are going to be remotely tuning my 2IS350 in the next week or two. Why you ask? Because I didn’t buy an ISF and I want to find a way to giggle like a schoolgirl every time I drive my car again. I love me some burble regardless of the stigma. I’m doing it because makes me happy.

They send me the cables and equipment, I provide a windows laptop, they control my screen via TeamViewer (or similar) and Bob’s your uncle. When done I sent them back their stuff. I’ve been in comms with them for a few weeks now and have uncovered some info that others may find useful.

MForce was started in China by a racing driver with a few real accolades. They have a single outfit in Toronto and as stated above apparently they can tune remotely. There are some concerns surrounding the efficacy and specifics of the tune, as well as long term safety of your beloved vehicles. I come bearing new info:

- The other thread contains a horror story about a tune trashing an ISF. I was able to independently confirm that tune is not from the same company and you won’t find a similar story surrounding MForce. I looked.

- The primary concern surrounding engine failure with these ‘burble’ tunes is the condition/existence of catalytic converters. They have been straight up with me the whole time. If you have primary cats and you roll around town at high rpm setting off car alarms all day you’re going to quickly burn out your cats and subsequently experience things like CEL, power loss, and and ultimately engine failure if your symptoms go unchecked for any period of time. In theory, this type of modification is much safer on a catless system but if you drive conservatively you should be fine.

- They price 2 options for you. One is a one-off tune, the other is a tune with 2 fine adjustments and a reflash should one ever be required.

- They first sent me pricing (Canadian Dollars) for the IS250 by accident, $700 for base tune, $900 for the full package. For the IS350, they quote $800 for base tune and $1100 for the full package. I’d expect the ISF to be similar to the 350.

- Stated gains for the 350 are 8-12% bhp and 7-10% torque. I haven’t seen a dyno. I also was able to independently confirm that rev limiter is increased to 7350rpm by messaging owners running this tune on Instagram.

- MForce takes into account any mods you have installed when tuning your vehicle, tailoring certain metrics to whether you have cats, exhaust mods, or other aftermarket components relative to the power/emissions systems.

- ‘Switch maps’ are not currently supported. If you tune your car with MForce you’re stuck until you reflash.

That being said, I plan to ask them to set the limiter to 7250rpm, and reduce the tendency for the really heavy overrun to get as long as I can out of it.

I know this isn’t necessarily ISF specific info, but I hope this may help someone someday.
Old 05-14-19, 05:19 PM
RRocket
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

8 percent minimum gain on IS350? That's almost 25hp.

I call BS.
Old 05-14-19, 05:22 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RRocket
8 percent minimum gain on IS350? That's almost 25hp.

I call BS.
I’m inclined to agree with that statement.
Old 05-15-19, 04:38 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

IG #lexus.cartel
He sells the tune. Good friend of mine.
Old 05-29-19, 06:39 AM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a heads up, the tune killed the engine on one of the cars up here. It's been sitting at the Lexus dealership for over a week. I would stay away from this tune,
Old 05-29-19, 06:46 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Just a heads up, the tune killed the engine on one of the cars up here. It's been sitting at the Lexus dealership for over a week. I would stay away from this tune,
I've heard of another failure as well. I would stick with RR Racing.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rickna:
Icetrai350 (11-07-19), RRRacing (05-06-20)

Quick Reply: MForce ECU - Crackle, Pop Tune