IS F at altitude - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F at altitude

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-18, 08:05 PM   #16
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
iTrader: (2)
 
lobuxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 16,640
Thanked 296 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Sacramento Raceway was 16 feet ASL. Hard to get too much lower without getting wet or going to the Mojave.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 06:47 AM   #17
IronNam
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KS, currently NorCal
Posts: 101
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
Sacramento Raceway was 16 feet ASL. Hard to get too much lower without getting wet or going to the Mojave.
In a matter of a day, I was able to experience full power bone stock ISF... and asthmatic ISF when driving in 6000ft...

Pulling onto a 40mph road was scary LOL
IronNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 01:12 PM   #18
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
iTrader: (2)
 
lobuxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 16,640
Thanked 296 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNam View Post
In a matter of a day, I was able to experience full power bone stock ISF... and asthmatic ISF when driving in 6000ft...

Pulling onto a 40mph road was scary LOL
You can do that in just an hour and a half from Sacramento. I lived there 24 years. Tahoe makes NA engines feel like kittens compared to Sacramento.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 04:30 PM   #19
v8MyFusion
Rookie
 
v8MyFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 66
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

In Utah at about 6,000 ft. it still pulls hard still beats almost everything I go against. Going into the mountains 8,000 ft and up it still pulls.
Bought the car at sea level.
Sea Level - 5,000/6,000 ft. is a big difference
5,000/6,000 - 8,000 ft not so much.
v8MyFusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 05:37 PM   #20
IronNam
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KS, currently NorCal
Posts: 101
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
You can do that in just an hour and a half from Sacramento. I lived there 24 years. Tahoe makes NA engines feel like kittens compared to Sacramento.
Haha! I agree, I've done that before with the Pickup. That 22RE did not like Tahoe but I survived. Maybe I was so accustomed to the lack of power lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by v8MyFusion View Post
In Utah at about 6,000 ft. it still pulls hard still beats almost everything I go against. Going into the mountains 8,000 ft and up it still pulls.
Bought the car at sea level.
Sea Level - 5,000/6,000 ft. is a big difference
5,000/6,000 - 8,000 ft not so much.
Yeah, you're already used to the drastic change. Forced induction is a beautiful thing, can't wait to get back into the Supra sometime this year.
IronNam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coolant DIY Lexmex RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 128 06-03-17 06:03 PM
High Altitude + Tune = Think again (bye KCLV) liquidtek IS F (2008-2014) 68 11-10-16 10:15 PM
ECU tune available for EU cars? racer3dfx IS F (2008-2014) 4 08-13-16 01:30 PM
Nuclear Aerobatics and Bombing Over-the-Shoulder Lil4X The Clubhouse 6 05-17-16 10:28 AM
1st time taking the F to the drag strip blackisF08 IS F (2008-2014) 17 05-03-16 09:58 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: