IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2010 isf ml stereo sound missing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-18, 11:22 AM
xaker777
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2010 isf ml stereo sound missing

Hi. I feel guilty writing here without checking all treads for the answer. Anyways. What the problem is that sometimes my audio disappears without any clue. But sometimes it comes on for a sec and than disappears. I might even say that it turns on while going over bumps. But don't take my word for it. I have bumped all plastics and checked connector on amplifier. Volume button is off as well, but it turns on and off normal... it had never happened before and out of the sudden it happenes all the time. I am driving and fearing my audio will go off. It's obviously winter but I am in cali so i dont know if cold affects if?

Last edited by xaker777; 01-04-18 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-04-18, 11:24 AM
xaker777
Driver

Like right now. I am driving and radio was on and as soon as I shift into park it turned off
Old 01-04-18, 11:30 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

sounds like some sort of short or lose connection. much colder here in Colorado than Cali and zero issues with loss of audio.
The following users liked this post:
xaker777 (01-04-18)
Old 01-04-18, 11:34 AM
xaker777
Driver

Came out from the store started the car and it works like nothing happened. Is there a fuse for amp? Or stereo in particular without affecting the navi unit with all that program.
Old 01-04-18, 11:43 AM
xaker777
Driver

Originally Posted by liquidtek
sounds like some sort of short or lose connection. much colder here in Colorado than Cali and zero issues with loss of audio.
Yea. I thuiugt its short or connection.. Opened and closed all doors and drove over bumps to cause issue but it doesn't really repeats like that. I guess I will be taking apart stereo and see what's happening there.... after I check all fuses. Will follow up.
Old 01-04-18, 03:09 PM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Your amp probably is or on its way out.
Mark Levinson equipment is a load of ****. It also doesn't help that much of the major controls are all integrated thru the LCD screen. I've had mines down for almost 2 years now...search on amp for more threads such as this one:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-levinson.html
Old 01-04-18, 07:37 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Yep, amp on it's way out. Only other hope for you is that a previous owner had an aftermarket amp in the car and before selling it, reverted back to the factory ML amp, and possibly didn't plug the connector back in properly/fully...but thats a long shot.
Don't waste your time checking fuses....fuses don't blow then turn back good. Fuses are either good or bad...no back and forth.

V.
Old 01-04-18, 08:36 PM
xaker777
Driver

Originally Posted by tronim
Your amp probably is or on its way out.
Mark Levinson equipment is a load of ****. It also doesn't help that much of the major controls are all integrated thru the LCD screen. I've had mines down for almost 2 years now...search on amp for more threads such as this one:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-levinson.html
What were the signs of your amp going out? /: I so don't feel like replacing amp...
Old 01-05-18, 06:33 AM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

This was the post I meant to use earlier- but there's plenty more when you search google and these forums:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...volume-go.html

The symptoms are just as you described above to where the radio mysteriously is silent, then comes back. It happen a couple more times and then go silent forever. When that happens, you can go to the audio adjustment screen where you can try to adjust the L, R, F and R section and notice the crosshairs will no longer line up in the center, but somewhere all the way off on the lower right or left. Nothing else will make a sound or beep like voice assistant (thankfully the Parking Assist still beeps like normal).
Old 01-05-18, 12:20 PM
xaker777
Driver

Originally Posted by tronim
This was the post I meant to use earlier- but there's plenty more when you search google and these forums:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...volume-go.html

The symptoms are just as you described above to where the radio mysteriously is silent, then comes back. It happen a couple more times and then go silent forever. When that happens, you can go to the audio adjustment screen where you can try to adjust the L, R, F and R section and notice the crosshairs will no longer line up in the center, but somewhere all the way off on the lower right or left. Nothing else will make a sound or beep like voice assistant (thankfully the Parking Assist still beeps like normal).
I will deff check those lines. Just if i understand right how amp is working than I would conclude that if I play music loud than it would turn off more often? And it would probably be heating up? On my first car old BMW e36 I had a problem with fuel pump that would shut off because fuse got too hot and it disconnect, all I had to do is wiggle it little bit. Of course once I got to the store i had to replace it. But another thing I noticed it does sounds like bad radio signal, music would work and disappear for a jiffy and come back and same thing, I'm more leaning towards the connection being lose somewhere. Didn't have time to take apart my stereo yesterday. Will try to do it today...
Old 02-10-18, 10:10 PM
xaker777
Driver

It's been more than a month. And I did watched closely to my audio system, it happened once after I my last msg and I did checked the EQ lines and they were how I left them. And it has never happened again actually. I been checking things around here and there such as fuses and wires ground on battery but it's been good to me... thanks to everyone who has answered to me!