IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My melting door panels.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-17, 04:07 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you got lucky if you consider that luck. My claim with corporate got denied.
Old 10-18-17, 04:06 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JKweezy
I just got a verdict this morning that Corporate would only cover half. They quoted 6k total so it would be about 3k for me. But now that i think about it, the dash was never replaced with a replacement/recalled dash for the F so down the line, it would probably happen again. Unless i can ask them to get the recalled ISx50 dash replacments and retrofit it with the F components for the door panels (i'm not sure what is different between the ISx50 and F door panels). I would think the dash would be the same fitting.
Does anyone if the panels ISX50 will work on the IS-F door?

I am thinking about buying and see if it work.
Old 10-18-17, 05:19 PM
gergg
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will a set of used door panels from 2010-11 ISF's fit? Those can be found pretty cheap.
Old 10-19-17, 05:18 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes they will fit. They are the same door
Old 10-19-17, 06:14 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lmood
Yes they will fit. They are the same door
Yes to my question? Or his question? Or both
Old 10-20-17, 01:07 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Corporate said they will get back with me today also. My repair order stated 1,480 for each front door and 1,320 for each rear and 280.00 for labor cost.
Old 10-20-17, 05:10 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juanmedina
Yes to my question? Or his question? Or both
To both. I am not sure if the leather is the same but the panels are.
Old 10-20-17, 06:52 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

To both. I am not sure if the leather is the same but the panels are.
I believe the leather insert is swappable. Thank you
Old 10-26-17, 02:13 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Well I finally got a reply back from corporate. They said they would cover 50% of the cost from the dealership estimate which was 5,800$. My goal is to call them back with some specific examples of people getting them covered 100%.
Old 10-26-17, 06:36 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socal3
Well I finally got a reply back from corporate. They said they would cover 50% of the cost from the dealership estimate which was 5,800$. My goal is to call them back with some specific examples of people getting them covered 100%.
Are you the original owner and taken the car in to Lexus for service at your service intervals?
I ask because I am not to original owner of my car. Corporate said this was one of the determining factors as it's a case-by-case basis with them.
Old 10-27-17, 07:19 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do not have to be the original owner of the car. I had my dash and two front door panels replaced by Lexus Corp. as 'goodwill' this year. I had to wait about 2 weeks for the parts to come in and all I did was send pictures to the lady that is handling the Is250/350 dash and door replacements. She did say ISF was not included but I was already working with her since I am on the list for my Is-250 which has gotten the dash but no doors yet and been waiting almost 2 years.

Miles might play a role, she asked me what the miles on the car were before she did anything and I was at 61k miles. This was at Lexus of Tampa Bay and the lady's name was Sadie.
Old 10-27-17, 02:10 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robertrios
You do not have to be the original owner of the car. I had my dash and two front door panels replaced by Lexus Corp. as 'goodwill' this year. I had to wait about 2 weeks for the parts to come in and all I did was send pictures to the lady that is handling the Is250/350 dash and door replacements. She did say ISF was not included but I was already working with her since I am on the list for my Is-250 which has gotten the dash but no doors yet and been waiting almost 2 years.

Miles might play a role, she asked me what the miles on the car were before she did anything and I was at 61k miles. This was at Lexus of Tampa Bay and the lady's name was Sadie.
Did you go through corporate or was that lady Sadie your service writer at the dealership? The guy I was working was an man named Denzel from corporate, my Service writer at Lexus of Valencia CA was useless. My car only has 70,000 miles and has be a southern California car its whole life So I'll give corporate a call back on Monday and see what else they can do because I do take the car in for it's regular services.
Old 10-27-17, 03:43 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

I have an 08 with 73,000 miles and my door panels are sticky too. I'd rather spend the money on tires, brakes, etc than get new ones that are only partially paid for by Lexus. I'm wondering if there is any type of maintenance that can be done to upkeep these melting panels. Like interior sprays with UV protection, etc.
Old 10-27-17, 05:18 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robertrios
You do not have to be the original owner of the car.
Corporate told me one of the determining factors as to why they would only cover half for me was because I was not the original owner.
Old 10-29-17, 05:54 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corporate told me one of the determining factors as to why they would only cover half for me was because I was not the original owner.
This is rediculous. Does this original owner stipulation also applies to the IS250/350 as well? Corporate flat out denied my repair. Now the dash is starting to show signs of the stickiness.😡

Quick Reply: My melting door panels.