ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   My melting door panels. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/862862-my-melting-door-panels.html)

socal3 07-20-17 04:08 PM

My melting door panels.

i seem to have just noticed that I have the melting door panel curse it's been over 105 for the past week where I live and even in the garage I noticed that my panels are staying sticky/soft. Anyone recently try to get them done through good will or recall for our cars? I'm in Southern California so if you buy chance no of a dealer around here that would be a plus. Thanks for any help in advance ISF friends.

Lmood 07-20-17 05:40 PM

Are you the original owner of the car? You will also have to go through Lexus corporate. Good luck I have only had them agree to pay half which would still be 2k out of pocket.

semnosNSX 07-20-17 05:43 PM

I'm actually going through the process as we speak. Lexus corporate is supposed to get back to me tomorrow with a verdict.

socal3 07-20-17 06:21 PM

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I'm actually the second owner of the car it's a 2008 with 68,000 miles on it. I guess I'll try the corporate route also.

Dallasguy1 07-21-17 12:12 AM

I believe there's a enchantment Tsb and you'll have to take your car to the dealer and they'll order the parts for you for free. Had this done on my 2011 IS350.

Lmood 07-21-17 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1 (Post 9931171)
I believe there's a enchantment Tsb and you'll have to take your car to the dealer and they'll order the parts for you for free. Had this done on my 2011 IS350.

You are particularly correct. I do believe you will need to take it to the dealership to get a quote to replace everything. You then need to give that info to corporate for them to decide. It's done on a case-by-case basis as the TSB doesn't cover the ISF.

Joker4096 07-21-17 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lmood (Post 9931373)
You are particularly correct. I do believe you will need to take it to the dealership to get a quote to replace everything. You then need to give that info to corporate for them to decide. It's done on a case-by-case basis as the TSB doesn't cover the ISF.

This is absolutely correct.

flowrider 07-21-17 09:54 AM

Read Posts No. 4 & 5 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-warranty.html

Lou

semnosNSX 07-22-17 11:20 AM

Okay, so I just got a call from Lexus Corporate yesterday afternoon about my sticky door panels. The case manager said she tried her best to get them replaced and even took the case a bit hire up the chain. However, the result was that the car is not part of the extended warranty program and therefore they will not cover it. They said the only IS's that were apart of that program were the 250 and 350 AND that program ended about a month ago. I pleaded with her explaining that I have owned 3 Lexus's, use the dealership for many repairs and maintenance issues, and am an active member on Club Lexus forum.... basically, I'm a promoter of the Lexus brand. After that, she said, I still can't do it, but what I can do is give you a $500 Lexus credit to use at any Lexus dealership.

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I think I will go visit some car upholstery shops and see if what they can do to make the panels look OEM or better than OEM. We'll see....

socal3 07-22-17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by semnosNSX (Post 9932411)
Okay, so I just got a call from Lexus Corporate yesterday afternoon about my sticky door panels. The case manager said she tried her best to get them replaced and even took the case a bit hire up the chain. However, the result was that the car is not part of the extended warranty program and therefore they will not cover it. They said the only IS's that were apart of that program were the 250 and 350 AND that program ended about a month ago. I pleaded with her explaining that I have owned 3 Lexus's, use the dealership for many repairs and maintenance issues, and am an active member on Club Lexus forum.... basically, I'm a promoter of the Lexus brand. After that, she said, I still can't do it, but what I can do is give you a $500 Lexus credit to use at any Lexus dealership.

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I think I will go visit some car upholstery shops and see if what they can do to make the panels look OEM or better than OEM. We'll see....

that's what I'm afraid of. I was wondering also if I could sand them down a little and then apply some sort of interior paint?

juanmedina 07-23-17 09:04 AM

I have the same issue. This is ridiculous that they will not replace a defective panel. I never have a car with interior panels issues and is just ludicrous that the top of the line IS-F was no covered under the enhancement warranty.

Maybe we need to start posting YouTube videos or lawyer up.

Dallasguy1 07-23-17 09:45 AM

If many of you guys have a melting panels you should report to Lexus corporate. if I remember correctly lexus was even replacing the Dash on the IS250/350 and this car is almost double the price and still no coverage. That just sucks.

cjblair 07-23-17 10:15 AM

Edit: nevermind.

neweyslex 07-25-17 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by semnosNSX (Post 9932411)

I went through the same process twice and got the same result. I'm debating on going with the RCF since my experience was horrible with how Lexus handle this case.

JKweezy 07-27-17 08:17 AM

I just got a verdict this morning that Corporate would only cover half. They quoted 6k total so it would be about 3k for me. But now that i think about it, the dash was never replaced with a replacement/recalled dash for the F so down the line, it would probably happen again. Unless i can ask them to get the recalled ISx50 dash replacments and retrofit it with the F components for the door panels (i'm not sure what is different between the ISx50 and F door panels). I would think the dash would be the same fitting.