Rear Camber Kit and toe links

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-17, 01:19 PM
lmac33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Camber Kit and toe links

Hey guys,

I recently lowered my F, and due to tire wear I am planning to upgrade my rear camber kit and toe links. I'll do it one at a time and will do the front in the near future. Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

I am looking into two different product/vendors such FIG Engineering and MEGAN racing. Also, I would appreciate if anyone from this forum who can provide any coupon code that i can use for the discount.

Thanks again.

Don

Last edited by lmac33; 06-12-17 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-12-17, 04:35 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 107 Posts

+1, same boat for rear camber adjustability. Why choose FIGs over Megan??
The following users liked this post:
lmac33 (06-19-17)
Old 06-12-17, 05:23 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lmac33
Hey guys,

I recently lowered my F, and due to tire wear I am planning to upgrade my rear camber kit and toe links. I'll do it one at a time and will do the front in the near future. Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

I am looking into two different product/vendors such FIG Engineering and MEGAN racing. Also, I would appreciate if anyone from this forum who can provide any coupon code that i can use for the discount.

Thanks again.

Don
I have some of the Figs items for sale:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...omponents.html
The following users liked this post:
ap2s2k (06-21-17)
Old 06-15-17, 01:28 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
+1, same boat for rear camber adjustability. Why choose FIGs over Megan??
1. FIGS sells high quality American made hardware. Megan, not so much.
2. FIGS will stand behind their product and offer replacement parts should you need them. Megan, not so much.
3. Using FIGS rear Mega Arms rather than Megan camber arms will reduce the magnitude of the dynamic alignment changes and reduce tire wear.

Learn from my experience. On the rear I put both sets of Megan upper control arms and toe arms. Ended up destroying a ball joint and Megan will not sell replacement ball joints. Because I was dumb enough to replace both upper control arms my dynamic alignment (toe in particular) was off, wore out a set of tires in ~5,000 miles (that was my fault, not Megan's, but statement 3 still applies). After 2 years my rear toe arms are seized and won't adjust any more.

On the front end I have a set of Megan adjustable UCAs, which I am relatively happy with, but I am in the process of replacing everything on the back end with stuff from FIGS.
Old 06-19-17, 05:37 PM
lmac33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@JDVM8 - If I choose Megan instead of FIGS maybe because of the price. But I need something durable and recommended by Club Lexus.
@Isfast - I will check your list and will send you message in case i am interested with the parts.
@WylieKylie - I am really gearing towards FIGS, however I cannot reached the FIGS customer support, I am always routed to voice message. I left a voice message and no one have return my call. I am scared if I place an order it will take some time for the parts,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a faster way to contact FIGS?
Old 06-19-17, 06:33 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This car has uneven tire wear in stock form is that correct? Should I go with a camber kit to mitigate this? I'm not planning on doing any suspension mods or wheel upgrades to the car. It is a 2014.
Old 06-19-17, 07:23 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
This car has uneven tire wear in stock form is that correct? Should I go with a camber kit to mitigate this? I'm not planning on doing any suspension mods or wheel upgrades to the car. It is a 2014.
A little camber will not hurt the tires. Make sure to correct your TOE alignment, as this affects your tires more than anything.
Old 06-19-17, 08:49 PM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Send Mike @ figs an email . Also get the front LCA bushing to current the tire wear.
Old 06-19-17, 11:31 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

@JDVM8 - If I choose Megan instead of FIGS maybe because of the price. But I need something durable and recommended by Club Lexus.
@Isfast - I will check your list and will send you message in case i am interested with the parts.
@WylieKylie - I am really gearing towards FIGS, however I cannot reached the FIGS customer support, I am always routed to voice message. I left a voice message and no one have return my call. I am scared if I place an order it will take some time for the parts,

if you choose parts because of price be aware or quality like mentioned before, FIGS has been working on the lexus platform for many year as well as everything being made in the USA. call him and he will answer all your questions, there's also email
Old 06-20-17, 10:46 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d
A little camber will not hurt the tires. Make sure to correct your TOE alignment, as this affects your tires more than anything.
Do I have to go aftermarket to correct my toe alignment? Not familiar with suspension components...
Old 06-20-17, 10:58 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

In addition to the e-mail mentioned, you can try sending FIGS a PM here on the boards, Mike pops up here now and then.
I've ordered a couple of things from FIGS before and the wait time was never an issue for me. Just keep in mind that these are custom made parts, you might have to wait a week or two while your order is built.
Old 06-21-17, 08:06 AM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about SPC camber arms? I used them on my STI. Any reviews on them?
Old 06-21-17, 10:35 AM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the figs rear arms . Front camber kit Wont Get you even tire wear, you will still have inner wear without the front LCA bushing . The Spc front ball joint is ok but needs to be install correctly and torqued to specs. The Megan front camber is ok also.
Old 06-21-17, 12:21 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Do I have to go aftermarket to correct my toe alignment? Not familiar with suspension components...
Not necessarily. The rear end has adjustment through eccentric bolts, the front tie rod ends are adjustable as on all cars. The eccentric bolts on the rear end are ok, but a bit of a PITA for fine adjustments. I'm a bit of an alignment ****, so I replaced the rear toe links to make adjustments easier, and to tame the aggressive toe curve as much as possible. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread you need to replace the front, lower, rear bushings with parts from FIGS or RR Racing to fix the inner wear on the front tires.