IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 01:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Haha the responses are hilarious . You guys are so funny. All I'm doing is trying to spread some enthusiasm and track excitement. This forum needs it. Have you seen the threads on this forum ? Not talking **** but things have changed on CL over the last year. That's why all the track guys are gone. It's actually what got me to start my Facebook page . There is no love for real Driving on CL anywhere. For a forum for a performance car I honestly feel that owners just don't see it, or want to access the potential of the car. Therefore I moved on. My enthusiasm for the ISF and tracking it was too BIG for club lexus. ( exemplified in the responses above). CL is great for technical data and info as well as help with issues. If you want to learn to drive it's not the most nurturing environment because frankly nobody tracks their cars.

What I ( and owners like Gerbangin, Mikersoft, Arepmi and all the other track guys) have done is unique and special for any lexus owner ..... period. We are all now on Facebook and encourage each other. For Gods sake Gearbangin just put in a full cage in his ISF and ripped out the interior, running 2 pic rotors, coils , and is going to KILL it this season. We have a member from Australia who tracks, drags, and drifts his ISF. There are time attack guys in New Zealand. We also have the German F owners on the page who meet at the ring for track events on the page. We have Lexus engineers, GT 500 drivers, Yaguchi San ( The engineer that made the car you think you can drive lol) and even Global marketing managers for Lexus corporate on my page. This is the level of enthusiasm I'm at and that's why my page and posts have frankly attracted who they attracted in the real world of Lexus enthusiasts outside of Club Lexus . You know. The people who design them, sell them, and race them. Not simply the guys who buy them used and drive to work.

Its easy to be negative. It's easy to clown someone. But it's a lot harder to be a real enthusiast , track your car, learn to drive, and to share that enthusiasm. That's all I'm doing with my posts and VLOGs. And they are turning out well and I've been getting great feedback.

I have to admit though it is very funny that I have CL members talking crap about my level of enthusiasm while on Facebook pro racing teams for Lexus in the USA and Europe are tagging my page every day. Enjoy guys ! Have fun and F THE TRACK.

YOU WILL LOVE THE LAST PIC ! He's just some random engineer. Not as special as a hater on CL but I'll take it. F THE TRACK kids!!

Oh one more thing I wanted to share !! Page just broke 11,000 F THE TRACK followers in just over 1 year !!!!!! I guess there are a lot of karate fans out there !

Ps I'm doing track day 21 this Saturday. Couldn't wait until next month in Cali. They are running AZ MotorSports Park in reverse for the first time. Hopefully if all goes well #22 at AutoClub will get done then the monster can go into summer hibernation and maintenance phase ( new tires brakes, and oil ).
Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo913.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo522.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo956.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo539.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo184.jpg  

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo31.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo643.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo679.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo969.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo12.jpg  

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo984.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo860.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo897.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo157.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo865.jpg  

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo56.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo990.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo350.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo936.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo797.jpg  

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo165.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo759.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo641.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-photo235.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-01-17 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 02:22 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I8ABMR, maybe you just live in the wrong parts. We have a whole crew over here in the Atlanta area. Even a few guys come form SC to join in on track day fun. I can count 7 of us who track our cars. In-fact only two in our group don't go to the track and one of those two people wants to get into it this summer. I haven't gone to a track day in my F and been alone! We even meetup regularly for some drinks and car chat. I actually think CL and ISF guys in general are very performance focused (track/chassis) considering the lack of history to the F brand versus M or AMG.

You should take that enthusiasm and do some competitions. In the end a track day is just practice, time to apply it ! maybe do some Events like One Lap of America, American Endurance Racing (AER), even SCCA targa sounds kinda cool. I have always wanted to do that, if you do it let me know, so I can co-drive In-fact most of these events will work for your car as-is (well you might need some race pads and fluid but......)
Old 05-01-17, 06:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Piston1047
I8ABMR, maybe you just live in the wrong parts. We have a whole crew over here in the Atlanta area. Even a few guys come form SC to join in on track day fun. I can count 7 of us who track our cars. In-fact only two in our group don't go to the track and one of those two people wants to get into it this summer. I haven't gone to a track day in my F and been alone! We even meetup regularly for some drinks and car chat. I actually think CL and ISF guys in general are very performance focused (track/chassis) considering the lack of history to the F brand versus M or AMG.

You should take that enthusiasm and do some competitions. In the end a track day is just practice, time to apply it ! maybe do some Events like One Lap of America, American Endurance Racing (AER), even SCCA targa sounds kinda cool. I have always wanted to do that, if you do it let me know, so I can co-drive In-fact most of these events will work for your car as-is (well you might need some race pads and fluid but......)
I think you're right man lol. Would be great to chill with you guys. I was actually talking to my wife when I got back from Spring Mountain about maybe moving up from the green/pre race group to maybe getting a license. I just don't know if I want to start throwing that kind of money at it. I know you know whats up and are fully aware of how fast this can add up. I am loving the extra speed of the Green/pre-race group. We dont do point bys. Its open passing and " race like conditions". I actually like that most drivers are a little intimidated to run in this group ( as was I initially) because it makes for more speed, more fun, less traffic, and Id always rather chase than lead. Plus when you get passed in the green group its like a show !! I had a tuned GTR destroy me on the straight at AMP and I was cheering for him lol. Hope your'e well man. Say whats up to the rest of the crew.

PS I keep dreaming of doing Targa Newfoundland in my ISF. Would be wild to ship the car and do a world class historical rally in the ISF.Im hitting all the Cali tracks now and will eventually need to move to something more unique. When I pay off my ISF I might by another LS460 to daily then go crazy with the ISF.
Old 05-01-17, 11:14 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Haha the responses are hilarious . You guys are so funny. All I'm doing is trying to spread some enthusiasm and track excitement. This forum needs it. Have you seen the threads on this forum ? Not talking **** but things have changed on CL over the last year. That's why all the track guys are gone. It's actually what got me to start my Facebook page . There is no love for real Driving on CL anywhere. For a forum for a performance car I honestly feel that owners just don't see it, or want to access the potential of the car. Therefore I moved on. My enthusiasm for the ISF and tracking it was too BIG for club lexus. ( exemplified in the responses above). CL is great for technical data and info as well as help with issues. If you want to learn to drive it's not the most nurturing environment because frankly nobody tracks their cars.

What I ( and owners like Gerbangin, Mikersoft, Arepmi and all the other track guys) have done is unique and special for any lexus owner ..... period. We are all now on Facebook and encourage each other. For Gods sake Gearbangin just put in a full cage in his ISF and ripped out the interior, running 2 pic rotors, coils , and is going to KILL it this season. We have a member from Australia who tracks, drags, and drifts his ISF. There are time attack guys in New Zealand. We also have the German F owners on the page who meet at the ring for track events on the page. We have Lexus engineers, GT 500 drivers, Yaguchi San ( The engineer that made the car you think you can drive lol) and even Global marketing managers for Lexus corporate on my page. This is the level of enthusiasm I'm at and that's why my page and posts have frankly attracted who they attracted in the real world of Lexus enthusiasts outside of Club Lexus . You know. The people who design them, sell them, and race them. Not simply the guys who buy them used and drive to work.

Its easy to be negative. It's easy to clown someone. But it's a lot harder to be a real enthusiast , track your car, learn to drive, and to share that enthusiasm. That's all I'm doing with my posts and VLOGs. And they are turning out well and I've been getting great feedback.

I have to admit though it is very funny that I have CL members talking crap about my level of enthusiasm while on Facebook pro racing teams for Lexus in the USA and Europe are tagging my page every day. Enjoy guys ! Have fun and F THE TRACK.

YOU WILL LOVE THE LAST PIC ! He's just some random engineer. Not as special as a hater on CL but I'll take it. F THE TRACK kids!!

Oh one more thing I wanted to share !! Page just broke 11,000 F THE TRACK followers in just over 1 year !!!!!! I guess there are a lot of karate fans out there !

Ps I'm doing track day 21 this Saturday. Couldn't wait until next month in Cali. They are running AZ MotorSports Park in reverse for the first time. Hopefully if all goes well #22 at AutoClub will get done then the monster can go into summer hibernation and maintenance phase ( new tires brakes, and oil ).
No one is saying that you are stupid for being enthusiastic about doing what you love. I think people are just saying be humble about it. I just seems that every time I check the forums there’s another post about how you did 20 track days across 3 states in a year and how that separates you from everyone else. Not to mention the continual posting of pics that say “look at me again on the track”, or the YouTube videos that show a garage with nothing but track pics of yourself. For Pete’s sake, earlier you said you even hired a photographer to take pics of you because the track didn’t provide one. Seriously?

As for your Facebook page, I respect that. It’s a specific place that is dedicated to you, your track experiences, and the ISF. If people are interested in that, then they have a place to go to follow you. And the people you listed who follow you, I wouldn’t expect anything less… they are people who have a vested interest in the performance of Lexus (i.e.: Yaguchi San, Lexus Global Marketing Managers, Lexus Engineers, etc.). It’s like owning a McDonalds and then bragging to everyone that Ronald McDonald is following you on your Facebook page.

It’s funny because I know that the people you listed (Gearbangin, Mikersoft, Arepmi) are track guys, but I only know that because their posts are very subtle or very informative… not in your face, look how awesome I am.

I’ve been on NSXprime (NSX forum) for more than 10 years and there are a lot of hard core track guys. Some with full blown NSX race cars, and others who daily drive their car and do tracks almost every weekend during the season. What I respect about those guys is when they post something about their track experience to the forums, it’s of value. For example, they may say something like, “was at the track last weekend and was testing out my new coilovers. I discovered that when I made adjustment X, it created Y. Anyone else have experience with these coils?”. Nobody just posts to brag about going to the track for the 20th time.

I’m really not trying to talk **** on you although I know it’s coming off that way. My point is that people on CL come here to read posts that are informative and of value. Most people just want to learn more about the car. Not saying to stop posting about your track experiences, but be humble and educate people with posts of value… like how a new tire performed, or the exceptional wear you got out of a new brake pad on the track. From one gearhead to another…. Keep doing what you love, but stay humble.

Sorry for the long post…..
The following users liked this post:
ISnewb (05-02-17)
Old 05-04-17, 12:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
No one is saying that you are stupid for being enthusiastic about doing what you love. I think people are just saying be humble about it. I just seems that every time I check the forums there’s another post about how you did 20 track days across 3 states in a year and how that separates you from everyone else. Not to mention the continual posting of pics that say “look at me again on the track”, or the YouTube videos that show a garage with nothing but track pics of yourself. For Pete’s sake, earlier you said you even hired a photographer to take pics of you because the track didn’t provide one. Seriously?

As for your Facebook page, I respect that. ItÂ’s a specific place that is dedicated to you, your track experiences, and the ISF. If people are interested in that, then they have a place to go to follow you. And the people you listed who follow you, I wouldnÂ’t expect anything lessÂ… they are people who have a vested interest in the performance of Lexus (i.e.: Yaguchi San, Lexus Global Marketing Managers, Lexus Engineers, etc.). ItÂ’s like owning a McDonalds and then bragging to everyone that Ronald McDonald is following you on your Facebook page.

ItÂ’s funny because I know that the people you listed (Gearbangin, Mikersoft, Arepmi) are track guys, but I only know that because their posts are very subtle or very informativeÂ… not in your face, look how awesome I am.

I’ve been on NSXprime (NSX forum) for more than 10 years and there are a lot of hard core track guys. Some with full blown NSX race cars, and others who daily drive their car and do tracks almost every weekend during the season. What I respect about those guys is when they post something about their track experience to the forums, it’s of value. For example, they may say something like, “was at the track last weekend and was testing out my new coilovers. I discovered that when I made adjustment X, it created Y. Anyone else have experience with these coils?”. Nobody just posts to brag about going to the track for the 20th time.

IÂ’m really not trying to talk **** on you although I know itÂ’s coming off that way. My point is that people on CL come here to read posts that are informative and of value. Most people just want to learn more about the car. Not saying to stop posting about your track experiences, but be humble and educate people with posts of valueÂ… like how a new tire performed, or the exceptional wear you got out of a new brake pad on the track. From one gearhead to anotherÂ…. Keep doing what you love, but stay humble.

Sorry for the long postÂ…..
Again, I think you are mistaking enthusiasm for bragging. But what is absolutely hilarious is most of the posts on this forum are about bragging bro. Look at my new super charger, my new wheels, my new exhaust, my new throttle controller, my new tires, my new photos shoot so PLEASE SPARE ME the bull**** buddy. The response I get is generally an envious nature or no response. People don't like that I am using my car at a much higher level and share. To them it comes off as bragging because they cant or aren't doing what I'm doing ( Im still waiting for someone to show me another ISF owner to beat my record) because my track time is not something you can just purchase like a 10k sc kit people like to hate and you cant read instruction on a techstream screen. Every single track thread I post has comments from people ( some more than others) who like to say stupid **** like, " we do it better" , " you're on slow tracks", "were the fast cars there?", "where the fast drivers there", and like to give incorrect recommendations based on a perceived reputation when these people havent tracked an ISF in almost a decade. I guess those who cant do teach is a correct statement. These same members are always commenting with no experience and its frankly pathetic. Its like a bunch of kids who have the same bikes. A few of them can do wheelies and do ramps, but the ones too scared on the side like to sit there and talk **** while sitting on their bike seats. Its pathetic man, and sad. To be honest this is the issue that Lexus is trying to work through now ( haha and Im trying to work through on this crazy forum with its haters). We have no performance cars and even less performance car drivers. They want to change their image and that means more than just the drivers on the street. They are entering racing with the Farnbachher team, Emil Frey, 3 GT, and Lexus Racing USA. They are going for it. I can say with a lot of confidence that most on this forum have no clue WTF Im talking about when it comes to racing because they are the exact owners Lexus is trying to convert. They are trying to come after those owners of the F cars to hopefully help carry the torch for the brand. Marketing is key and this is why you are seeing new Lexus F and LC500 adds ALL the time now. We all use our cars as we see fit. Im just a little ahead of the game in the image conversion process. lol So when someone is doing unique things with their car and simply just adding parts to it , like literally every single other F owner that is special. Headers, exhaust, and custom wheels are a dime a dozen. Track time is the polar opposite. So when people tell you to stop bragging or be humble on a page where most people are saying, " look at what I did' , or " look at me and my new XYZ" its funny, lame, and screams player hater. Its sad on so many levels. This forum is here to share driving excitement not just to talk about the same 3 exhausts for 7 years and the same tire size questions, and the same header CEL threads, the same look at my new wheels threads, and the same headlight bulb questions lol. PLUS there are many here who do enjoy my videos just like I used to love to watch Arepmi's videos back in the day. Wherever he is he is the one who inspired me to track my ISF. He is a great driver and track his F relentlessly just like me. Im just trying to do the same. I guess in the end it goes back to what mam used to say..........IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY .....THEN BE QUIET LOL Its not to be polite. Its also so you don't look stupid.

I have been on CL for 10 years and have driven a GS and a softer LS. I discovered the ISF and it changed how I like to enjoy my cars. I am simply trying to share with the rest of the members that if I can do it then they can too. I am having the time of my life doing what I love and I'm just sharing it. We have so many owners who are curious about tracking their ISFs and I'm just trying to show that it's easy and fun. I get PMs and emails constantly asking questions about tracking the car and it's great to be able to guide from experience as opposed to all of the incorrect info we get at times from the guys who have done 1 track day and speak with so much confidence. Literally the members with the least track experience here give the most recommendations and its hysterical. I tend to shut up about it, unlike them .

As far as hiring a photographer, HELL yeah I'm going to hire a photographer! Lol. If you hit the track and don't get photos it's like going on vacation and having no pics. My photos are my trophies. It's HPDE not racing so this is what I get to come home with and show the kids. To each their own. Plus it was only $150 with a $50 tip !! Those pics are worth so much more to me......plus I can afford it so why talk **** ?? That was the lamest part of your comment by far bro. How else should I take that? My garage is my own project and most who like cars and/or track really enjoy it and it's something you don't see ever. Posting a video of it was to inspire others to do the same if they track. It's so much better than the ugly garages you see normally.

As far as comparing the ISF chief engineer on my page to Ronald McDonald that is the funniest thing I have ever read of CL. No matter how you slice it, THATS BIG TIME BRO! The man who led the effort to create the car many here love so much is a big deal. The fact that anyone would try to reduce the significance is kind of weak. Again,.....envy.

With the ISF and the members here any track time is significant and has always been posted by all members generally who do it. So when you say post something of value , posting track time on a lexus forum is wildly valuable. For Gods sake we have Lexus owners who don't know the ISF exists. You're coming from a forum for a sports car and with members who drive them. This is a forum filled with more cosmetic threads than track threads. That's where the interest lies mainly but there are a few who are wildly interested in seeing this car tracked so I will continue to post my videos.

All I ask is for members to realize that some of us are just more enthusiastic about tracking , driving, sharing, and taking that enthusiasm to the next level. That's what I've done and will continue to do.

Much love and respect to the CL family,
From the biggest (literally and figuratively lol) track junky on the ISF CL forum

PS
DON'T HATE.................CONGRATULATE
#FTHETRACK #TRACKJUNY

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-07-17 at 10:14 AM.