IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Booster seat for toddler and older (just the bottom part)...what's good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-17, 02:40 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Booster seat for toddler and older (just the bottom part)...what's good?

I did a search and the threads that appeared focused on the baby carriers and bigger car seats for smaller kids.

I currently have the Recaro Performance Sport infant seat in there, but now that our kiddo is getting bigger and longer, I would like to put the booster bottom as his seat.....but the ones that I have seen do not fit the smallish rear buckets of the F. We use our suv for the majority of driving with him, but I need to have a fallback with the F.....and don't want to have a 3-seater 100% of the time, now that it's not necessary. Does anyone have any other experiences/options/alternatives? I found the following thread, but the product at Toys 'R Us is no longer available. Please help, and thanks in advance for any input!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...for-the-f.html
Old 05-03-17, 05:26 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I used "Clek" brand from canadian tire (Canada). Used 2 of them when I had to but now I just need one.
Attached Thumbnails Booster seat for toddler and older (just the bottom part)...what's good?-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
ssis300 (05-04-17)
Old 05-03-17, 05:28 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

One more pics, they are nice since they click in place and don't move at all.

You can get more info on it here:
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​https://m.canadiantire.ca/products/p...tedSku=0466011
Attached Thumbnails Booster seat for toddler and older (just the bottom part)...what's good?-image.jpg  

Last edited by ap2s2k; 05-03-17 at 05:33 PM.
ssis300 (05-04-17)
Old 05-04-17, 08:34 AM
prosem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That one looks great above.

I have the graco boosters and they fit horribly in the rear buckets. My girls do not sit straight. It has to be at an angle.

Matt
Old 05-04-17, 08:47 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Clek is BY FAR the most quality piece and also happens to be the most expensive.

We had their Foonf and now the Oobr units. A bit heavy so not good for travel but great for kids if you want to truly protect them.

Most boosters are nothing more than a plastic piece with a cup holder. Clek really has thought out their product.

P.S. We have had over 10 seats in the past 5 years from Radian, Recaro, Maxi Cosi, Clek, etc.

Graco is one of the worst brands - it's like the Walmart of car seats if you ask me.
ssis300 (05-04-17)
Old 05-04-17, 08:55 AM
prosem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind the purpose of a booster is to bring the child up enough so the seat belt hits across their body correctly. The difference in safety between the Clek and Graco is minimal or not present at all for a booster without a back. They both serve the same purpose. The Clek may be more comfortable and better materials, but they are essentially serving the same purpose.

Matt
Old 05-04-17, 09:04 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but all Clek models feature the LATCH system so it securely holds the seat in place regardless if the kid is moving around.

With most boosters there is not a rigid LATCH systems present. Some of those fabric tether straps but only the Clek has the sturdy metal ones.

Anyways, I don't work for them just stating an observation as a parent who has studied every item out there.

Go read if you like: http://clekinc.com/products/

One thing I learned about parenting is everyone has their own style and view so not here to argue but this is what I found as true and majority of my friends all use this brand when price and weight are not an issue.
ssis300 (05-04-17)
Old 05-04-17, 11:25 AM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s4play
Correct me if I'm wrong but all Clek models feature the LATCH system so it securely holds the seat in place regardless if the kid is moving around.

With most boosters there is not a rigid LATCH systems present. Some of those fabric tether straps but only the Clek has the sturdy metal ones.

Anyways, I don't work for them just stating an observation as a parent who has studied every item out there.

Go read if you like: http://clekinc.com/products/

One thing I learned about parenting is everyone has their own style and view so not here to argue but this is what I found as true and majority of my friends all use this brand when price and weight are not an issue.

That's why we went with Clek booster seats. They are small enough for the back seat of ISF, they latch realy tight, no movement at all, comfy for your toddler and they feel safe. So what that they are more expensive that the rest of them, we are talking few bucks ($30-$40)per seat more then competition but they are worth it. Nothing is more important then the safty of your kid in your sport family sedan. I tried one of those graco one that does not latch to the hooks and it's just seems unsafe, it moves around with your toddler and it definitely would not fit in the F.
ssis300 (05-04-17)
Old 05-04-17, 01:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I got mine at Costco. I have two in back. You can see them on all the videos and track photos.
I think they are Graco