IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need some help, car drama👍

Old 03-04-17, 09:56 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need some help, car drama👍

These are the part numbers of the items they want to replace. Thanks for any help in advance

Please Lexus family I need some help here. I just took my 2008 ISF with 68k miles in to try and get my vsc/trac,abs,brake lights off on my car. I went to Valencia Lexus in CA, because they we're also performing my airbag recall. Well after my car was there for 4 days my service writer called and said my skid control ECU went out and it would be 3,100 dollars to fix. I had to just pick the car back up and they charged me 3 hours diagnostic 495$ but gave me the part number of the 2 items they want to replace. Also my brakes light don't work don't know when that happened? So this whole issue started around 5 months ago I started up my car and all my guages went haywire, so replaced the battery the guages went back to normal but the the lights have never turned off I have tried a zero point calibration and that worked for 10 miles and the lights came back on. Any help will be greatly appreciated I have 2 kids and taking car of my parents right now over 3k on a car that only has 68k and that's never been tracked or beaten on if kind of rough.
Old 03-04-17, 10:00 PM
Sgt350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Has your car been in a accident before ?
Old 03-04-17, 10:25 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Take it to a good auto electrician you are getting ripped off, if it is a stop light switch and a relay $150 fitted or do it yourself let us know what happens
Old 03-05-17, 08:02 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sgt350
Has your car been in a accident before ?
Nope I actually bought it off clublexus 1 previous owner with no accidents
Old 03-05-17, 08:05 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by isfvss
Take it to a good auto electrician you are getting ripped off, if it is a stop light switch and a relay $150 fitted or do it yourself let us know what happens
I wish I knew a good car electrician in LA. I'm going to check the relay under the hood. Does anyone know exactly where the brake light relay is?
Old 03-05-17, 06:43 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Look what I just found behind my abs sensor!!!!! ****ing mouse
Fixed two of the wires that were chewed but buying some sticky traps and bug bombs tonight I can't believe the dealer charged me 500 and didn't see this and I found it in 30min
Old 03-05-17, 06:52 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Wow!......... glad you got it figured out, sucks you had to pay $500 for 3 hours of diagnostics
Old 03-05-17, 07:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Stealerships.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-05-17, 08:27 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Now go back and repair those wires properly. I'd find a good electrical repair shop if you can't do it yourself. Be sure they disconnect the battery for the repair. Look for more chewing as they may have had a real party.

Rodents love to chew on some types of wire. Something about the ingredients used in the coatings. By the way, if you use glue boards or traps, get at least a half dozen of them and promptly remove the dead mice. The little guys learn quickly to stay away from danger.

Loren
Old 03-05-17, 09:10 PM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can make an insurance claim. Before we met, my (now) wife had a 4k claim before deductible because of a field mouse.
Old 03-05-17, 09:53 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BuLLdAwG
I'm pretty sure you can make an insurance claim. Before we met, my (now) wife had a 4k claim before deductible because of a field mouse.
that's a good idea which insurance did she have? Might have to give GEICO a call tomorrow
Old 03-05-17, 10:05 PM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

State Farm
Old 03-06-17, 06:55 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

It's always a wonderful thing to see owners diagnosing and fixing their own issues. This example is another reason why i don't use dealerships to work on my car unless absolutely necessary(recall work). Any competent person with automotive experience would know to check those wires. Also did a master tech work on your car?
Old 03-06-17, 10:06 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Well I just got off the phone with geico and they do cover rodent damage, which is good news. Also the service manager at Valencia Lexus is telling me to bring the car back and get a loaner and they will cover for free since they didn't see the obvious and see what damage the mouse has done. I'm just hoping that all these problems are from the mouse so I don't have to come out of pockets a ton more.
Old 03-06-17, 03:54 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by socal3
Well I just got off the phone with geico and they do cover rodent damage, which is good news. Also the service manager at Valencia Lexus is telling me to bring the car back and get a loaner and they will cover for free since they didn't see the obvious and see what damage the mouse has done. I'm just hoping that all these problems are from the mouse so I don't have to come out of pockets a ton more.
Are you getting back your diagnoses fee?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help, car drama👍