IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky V2 vs PPE long tube equal headers thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-16, 06:32 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Sikky V2 vs PPE long tube equal headers thread

While back we had a lively discussion about the previous generations of Sikky vs. PPE headers.
It is very exciting to see that the product just keeps getting upgraded for better.

SIKKY V2 vs. Long tube Equal length PPE.

Well, here comes the obvious question: Why should I get one over the other?
All input is welcomed!!!
Old 10-31-16, 07:35 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-18.html

Read from post #260
Old 10-31-16, 08:11 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes that experience is a bit of a buzzkill, I'd like to get feedback from someone outside of the prototyping process for the V2.

A production set successfully installed trouble free would be sweet assuming someone chimes in soon
Old 10-31-16, 09:02 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd like to get opinions on these two as well. I'd take it would be more time to get more accurate answers.
Old 10-31-16, 09:23 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sikky v2 appears like more power. Although their dyno chart doesn't show below 3k rpms and daily driving is below that.

PPE EL good power and no drone but exhaust note changes and smooths out, more refined and less 'big' v8 sounding.

Mostly a sound pref imo.

RR-Racing is also working with PPE on a 1 7/8in headers for supercharging.
Old 10-31-16, 09:48 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Their Dyno chart makes no sense. This is an overlay of the Dyno chart Sikky posted overlaid on my dyno chart. As you can see it goes out beyond the the RPM limit of the ISF engine and shows a loss of power in the usable RPM range. Sikky has never addressed this although I have posted this before.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Sikky V2 vs PPE long tube equal headers thread-sikky.jpg   Sikky V2 vs PPE long tube equal headers thread-ppe-sikky-curves.jpg  
Old 10-31-16, 10:18 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Ppe >> sikky
Old 11-01-16, 04:13 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
I am personally leaning towards PPE, I am very inclined to the quieter setup with more refined sound.
I would like to have it paired with the PPE dual exhaust and remain the double personality of the ISF. Quiet when needed, loud when desired. Plus it seems to be a requirement to pair the PPE equal length long tube headers with the PPE exhaust to avoid any modifications as the long tube headers don't line up the same way.
I'd like to do something similar... Since I'd want high-flow cats when I get headers, I wonder if they could be fabricated into the mid-pipe of my Borla to meet up with the equal length headers...

-Mike
Old 11-01-16, 05:40 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Wish the EL were a bit cheaper. OTD you are looking at over $3k
Old 11-01-16, 06:08 PM
FFM
Racer

Good god, means your looking at 6-7k with the dual mode if you add GESi cats lol. Pass.
Old 11-01-16, 07:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I'd like to do something similar... Since I'd want high-flow cats when I get headers, I wonder if they could be fabricated into the mid-pipe of my Borla to meet up with the equal length headers...

-Mike
Sure, A good exhaust shop could fabricate that for you.

Lou
Old 11-01-16, 08:40 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by FFM
Good god, means your looking at 6-7k with the dual mode if you add GESi cats lol. Pass.
not really sure what the deal is?

nice exhaust plus headers aren't cheap. Save some money for a compromised product and your still in minimum 3.5k with GESi cats. Don't get me wrong not trying to cause a fight.

I get that it's expensive but this is an expensive car, doesn't warrant laughing like he's wasting his money. If you want to get practical we all wasted money and should be driving around in Honda Civics.
Old 11-01-16, 09:15 PM
FFM
Racer

All good, it's just piping. I like to find the balance of function and form is all. Tough sell when there's already proven setups for much much less. You would really have to want it for personal preference to justify the cost with the current pretty awesome bang for your buck setups available.

It could be worse though. Just the rear section of an E92 system is around 2k+ not including the mid pipe. So I guess we have it pretty good haha.
Old 11-02-16, 07:13 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not in the market for headers now but you get what you pay for. Sure I can spend $1500 dollars in the UL headers make the same or more power than the EL headers. I'll obviously be loosing in on the refinement that the new headers provide. If I had the money I'll definitely do the EL, what will do it for me is the sound. Lately, I been around a lot of muscle cars. I really want my F to sound loud and powerful.
Old 11-02-16, 07:14 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by FFM
All good, it's just piping. I like to find the balance of function and form is all. Tough sell when there's already proven setups for much much less. You would really have to want it for personal preference to justify the cost with the current pretty awesome bang for your buck setups available.

It could be worse though. Just the rear section of an E92 system is around 2k+ not including the mid pipe. So I guess we have it pretty good haha.
so true the BMW M crowd pays as much or more hehe

Quick Reply: Sikky V2 vs PPE long tube equal headers thread