IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bilstein B8 HD and Tein H. Tech review on 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-16, 11:15 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not the same car, but I had the H-Tech Bilstein combo on my 06 Legacy Spec-B and thought it was a great match for sporty daily driving. Good to hear it is the same for the ISF, once our stock shocks get long in the tooth (getting close) this will be the replacement I go with. Thank you for the review.
Old 09-21-16, 08:35 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dprada01
EDIT THEY ARE B6 shocks!!

Alright guys so this isn't a write up or an in depth review.

I bought a 2008 ISF about a year ago and although I didn't notice during all my test drives, the longer I owned the car the more I despised the suspension.
Super bouncy and VERY harsh over uneven and pitted roads. My only wish was that it would handle the same on smooth roads (because it was excellent on smooth roads) as it did over rough surfaces.

I researched and reviewed coilovers but honestly I've had VARIOUS cars with coilovers. From sports cars (Nsx) to "luxury" cars (e92) and sure you can dial them in to ride pretty nice but they still leave a slightly cheap / unrefined feeling. Nothing of an oem tuned suspension.

I decided to pull the trigger on some bilstein B6s and tein h. Techs and all I can say is WOW. I'm not sure if my stock suspension was worn out that bad but it it made a day and night difference. I no longer feel every rock on the road like before. It's feels just like it SHOULD have from the factory. Steering is more responsive, dampening is surprisingly better than stock and the bonus is a get a pretty nice drop.

If if anyone has been considering upgrading their suspension but not really sold on coilovers this is the route I would take. I have a buddy on stock shocks and swifts but it still feels very jarring. Feels just like stock but lower.

I'm not sure if it was the shocks or the springs or just a combo off both so I probably shouldn't comment about the swift springs but all in all I'm ridiculously happy. I rarely post but I had to share this with you guys!
that is pretty good, i am thinking about going this way since i don't wanna purchase coilovers. what's the model number for the teins? thanks
Old 09-25-16, 10:27 PM
jt321
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got done installing the B6 shocks with Tein H-tech springs.

Quick question - On the rear shocks, did you put the factory bump stops on the new shocks? It seems like if i put the bump stops on, the shock wont have much travel.

Thank you!
Old 10-15-16, 09:15 PM
InfamousF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jt321
Just got done installing the B6 shocks with Tein H-tech springs.

Quick question - On the rear shocks, did you put the factory bump stops on the new shocks? It seems like if i put the bump stops on, the shock wont have much travel.

Thank you!
how are you liking them so far? I'm thinking of going this route but swift springs instead.