IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Sikky Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 03:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Well, I'm a bit skeptical. Every other Dyno Chart I've seen has peak Torque coming in @ about 5100RPM and peak HP at about 6K RPM with power falling off after that. This curve is quite atypical. Peak Torque @ 5600 RPM and HP going all the way to 6900RPM, when the stock ISF has a cutoff @ 6800RPM.

I've attached two attachments. #1 is the graph I've pulled from the video. #2 is an overlay of an old dyno of mine with the Sikky graph.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails New Sikky Headers-sikky.jpg   New Sikky Headers-ppe-sikky-curves.jpg  
Old 08-24-16, 04:12 PM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

From what I'm told, Sikky worked very hard for a long time to develop a design that would allow 1 7/8" to fit in the already limited space in the isf engine bay. This is the likely reason that size hasn't been done until now.

And yes, the dipstick has to be relocated.

Lou, I get your skepticism, and there will always be never ending debate when it comes to dyno charts. It's very difficult to compare results from different dynos, on different cars in different areas of the country. Best that can be done is back to back dyno runs with close to the same conditions as possible with the new headers being (mostly) the only variable.

Either way, I'm sure there will by more dynos for these to look at soon to see if the results are consistent.
Old 08-24-16, 06:02 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I don't think it's weird at all to redevelop your product after some new advancements in the chassis (tuning) have become available. If anything more power to them for even bothering when the existing product technically functioned just fine.

Curious to see retail pricing.
Old 08-24-16, 06:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8WHITE
Lou, I get your skepticism, and there will always be never ending debate when it comes to dyno charts. It's very difficult to compare results from different dynos, on different cars in different areas of the country. Best that can be done is back to back dyno runs with close to the same conditions as possible with the new headers being (mostly) the only variable.
I certainly agree, but the curves look so wrong compared to what I have seen in the past.

It also shows the new Sikky header actually making less power up to 6300RPM when it starts to pull ahead. This would mean less performance in the area where it's most needed. And how does it rev past the redline?

Lou
Old 08-24-16, 06:59 PM
minator
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Aren't dyno jets notorious for difficulty in getting proper rpm readings? I wonder if the tech entered it wrong. It just looks like the entire curve is shifted to the right.
Originally Posted by flowrider
I certainly agree, but the curves look so wrong compared to what I have seen in the past.

It also shows the new Sikky header actually making less power up to 6300RPM when it starts to pull ahead. This would mean less performance in the area where it's most needed. And how does it rev past the redline?

Lou
Old 08-24-16, 07:52 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sound mean as hell for the price and 45 go gain is worth the money 👍👍
Old 08-25-16, 08:50 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

track times are the only true measurement!!!
Old 08-25-16, 10:54 AM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That sounds killer, too bad we don't a direct comparison between these, the old headers, PPE, and EL. I guess it's a matter of which ones sound the best.
Old 08-25-16, 10:56 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
I hear ya! The RPM points look somewhat funny to me too, especially compared to your plot. But that also applies to the curve with the stock manifolds. If just comparing the before and after curves, it's hard to argue there is a VAST improvement. Dyno numbers are cool and all, but I'm having more fun destroying my the remainder of my tires. I might add, the car sounds nasty doing it too!
Old 08-25-16, 11:36 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice gains GR8WHITE! Though I don't have actual dyno sheets myself (still waiting) with these new headers on my car, I have seen them and the car is making more power (more so top end) than the original headers. I can say that with SIKKY having had my car for nearly a year, they didn't rush anything and the new headers have been proven both in house and at a third party to produce more power than both the original design and the current PPE headers. Quality control complaints have all been addressed from the past and everything about the header improved upon. Not only that, but I believe it was the goal of SIKKY to have the "best" headers on the market.

With all that said, I too don't like the dyno graph posted by the OP either as it does look off in the rpm points, but the gains are certainly there shown before and after, just not in anyone's best interest to try and compare them with other dyno plots.

Last edited by caymandive; 08-25-16 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-25-16, 12:23 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah my max torque is at 5k and it seems like ppe has much more torque down low. Maybe the primaries r too large and u lose some bottom end? My baseline is with Joe Z exhaust though. Stock ISF on this dyno is around 350-355whp
Attached Thumbnails New Sikky Headers-image-123322406.jpg  
Old 08-25-16, 02:27 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, a bit loud for my taste. Sounds like a domestic car!
Old 08-25-16, 02:42 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Nice gains GR8WHITE! Though I don't have actual dyno sheets myself (still waiting) with these new headers on my car, I have seen them and the car is making more power (more so top end) than the original headers. I can say that with SIKKY having had my car for nearly a year, they didn't rush anything and the new headers have been proven both in house and at a third party to produce more power than both the original design and the current PPE headers. Quality control complaints have all been addressed from the past and everything about the header improved upon. Not only that, but I believe it was the goal of SIKKY to have the "best" headers on the market.

With all that said, I too don't like the dyno graph posted by the OP either as it does look off in the rpm points, but the gains are certainly there shown before and after, just not in anyone's best interest to try and compare them with other dyno plots.
Sikky had your car for nearly a year to design these headers??
Old 08-25-16, 02:50 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Sikky had your car for nearly a year to design these headers??
Yes primarily for the header R&D, but they were also working on some other parts at the same time which may or may not be marketed. Obviously they didn't put a full year into it as this was a project they fit in as time permitted, but they were meticulous in testing.

Last edited by caymandive; 08-25-16 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-25-16, 04:11 PM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Maybe the primaries r too large and u lose some bottom end?
Funny, I asked that exact question before they were installed, and and they said they have only seen an increase throughout the range, with the biggest improvement up top. And I can't attest it certainly feels stronger throughout.

Quick Reply: New Sikky Headers