Kick me in the....NUTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-16, 10:13 AM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBuyer
Never mind, I just saw your reply.
The title doesn't have either one listed in it just the carfox and Autocheck. Which I know is not a great thing but. It's my decision if I want to save about 4 grand on a car that has some work done on it.
Old 06-11-16, 10:22 AM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmartin061
The title doesn't have either one listed in it just the carfox and Autocheck. Which I know is not a great thing but. It's my decision if I want to save about 4 grand on a car that has some work done on it.
Hey man, I don't think it's a bad decision, all I'm saying is not to over pay for it.
Old 06-11-16, 10:25 AM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by TheBuyer
Never mind, I just saw your reply.
You're all good. You approached it the right way. Told me what you would pay and why. The other poster was a little unnecessary with his/her comment. 34k is only 1k off what he was asking.
Old 06-12-16, 07:56 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

What year & rare color combo are we talking here..!!??

Joe Z
Old 06-12-16, 09:30 AM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

man as a dealer, if you ever want to sell that car again, its gonna be next to impossible .... it wont hold any value.. i passed on two that were greatly priced due to damage and the titles were good.

those 2 cars had been sitting on lots for 11 months

if you plan to keep it for the rest of your days then its not a bad deal.. but if a new ISF comes and u want to move up .. your screwed.
Old 06-12-16, 12:28 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can tell you that if you ever want to get rid of it, it'd have to be private. When I appraise a car with structure damage, it'll be much less than Rough Mannheim value, sometimes half. If you plan to keep it forever, buy it! Sounds like you're already emotionally attached.
Old 06-12-16, 12:36 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You said you found a similar condition one that had not been wrecked for $3,000 more???? Sounds like the wrecked one you are looking at is WAY overpriced. For something that has been in a major wreck, I personally would pay about 1/2 of clean book value, it would have to be one hell of a smoking deal for me to consider it.
Old 06-12-16, 04:35 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by gravesg
man as a dealer, if you ever want to sell that car again, its gonna be next to impossible .... it wont hold any value.. i passed on two that were greatly priced due to damage and the titles were good.

those 2 cars had been sitting on lots for 11 months

if you plan to keep it for the rest of your days then its not a bad deal.. but if a new ISF comes and u want to move up .. your screwed.
Pretty much agree with you here....but we're all probably screwed, lol. But a lot of people really don't care much about selling cars. Some people run them into the ground then trash em, some people give them away/donate them after they're done with them, some just sell them supppperrrrr cheap to friends/family etc....so maybe this guy is like that and could care less about the title/re sale value. I know PLENTY of people like that.....

V.
Old 06-13-16, 04:09 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Pretty much agree with you here....but we're all probably screwed, lol. But a lot of people really don't care much about selling cars. Some people run them into the ground then trash em, some people give them away/donate them after they're done with them, some just sell them supppperrrrr cheap to friends/family etc....so maybe this guy is like that and could care less about the title/re sale value. I know PLENTY of people like that.....

V.

Thanks for the support man. I have, going by two peoples word, said with the accident, that "I would have no problem buying this car", from somone in the business 38 years of auto body after an extensive go over with paint meters and all. To someone who works at an dealership saying that is is a good deal. Like some have stated if I plan on keeping it. If I did buy it I wouldn't have much option lol.
Old 06-13-16, 04:12 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
I can tell you that if you ever want to get rid of it, it'd have to be private. When I appraise a car with structure damage, it'll be much less than Rough Mannheim value, sometimes half. If you plan to keep it forever, buy it! Sounds like you're already emotionally attached.
What's Manheim?
Old 06-13-16, 04:14 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Aron9000
You said you found a similar condition one that had not been wrecked for $3,000 more???? Sounds like the wrecked one you are looking at is WAY overpriced. For something that has been in a major wreck, I personally would pay about 1/2 of clean book value, it would have to be one hell of a smoking deal for me to consider it.
What's a major wreck in your eyes?

Last edited by mmartin061; 06-13-16 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-13-16, 04:18 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Aron9000
And it is not wrecked. Lol. It has been repaired. The rear panel was cut out and replaced. Not bondo. All the frame measurements came well withing factory specs. Structural damage could mean anything. If you all think Carfax and AutoCheck are correct. Be sadly wrong. I am not defending the car. But some of you make it seem like it is a turd worth nothing yet haven't even seen it.
Old 06-13-16, 04:25 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If you think it is a good deal, then go for it. Since you're asking for advice, I'll say this. It seems that you are passionate about finding the right ISF. I personally would not pay that kind of money for a car with such history. Getting a rear quarter panel replaced is a major job. It would bother the hell out of me knowing that there was some major work done. 35K can get you a clean 08-10 with no body work, no issues, and relatively low mileage.

Goodluck OP. I hope you make the right decision! It would be nice to see you back in an ISF
Old 06-13-16, 04:32 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by knshro13
If you think it is a good deal, then go for it. Since you're asking for advice, I'll say this. It seems that you are passionate about finding the right ISF. I personally would not pay that kind of money for a car with such history. Getting a rear quarter panel replaced is a major job. It would bother the hell out of me knowing that there was some major work done. 35K can get you a clean 08-10 with no body work, no issues, and relatively low mileage.

Goodluck OP. I hope you make the right decision! It would be nice to see you back in an ISF

Another perfect approach and response. Much appreciated. And for all the input. I %100 understand where you all are coming from that would not buy the vehicle. It makes sense. And I understand why it makes sense. But I do appreciate the support of people that support the way I may he leaning. All good advice and certainly one of the most drama free, best forums I have been apart of. It's the way you present it
Old 06-13-16, 07:58 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
What's Manheim?
Auto auction

Quick Reply: Kick me in the....NUTS