IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CEL after installing Injen air intake kit on 2011 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 02:04 PM
Jkassaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CEL after installing Injen air intake kit on 2011 ISF

Hi Guys hope you guys can steer me in the right direction, I purchased an Injin air intake kit complete with all nessacrey components and I installed it myself following all photo diagrams
I started the car warmed it up for a few minutes and took it for a drive and it was very impressive and enjoyable i didnt notice any ECL or the traction control light while driving it. Took
It home and switched it off to double check all connections and restarted it and then i noticed ECL and traction controll light on not sure why after restart its now showing these warning lights has anyone come across this issue and what might be things to chexk or replace if need be any assistance would be very appreciated.
Old 03-16-16, 02:17 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Did you you have to disconnect and reconnect the MAF housing? If so, I would confirm everything is plugged in correctly.
Old 03-16-16, 03:08 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
Did you you have to disconnect and reconnect the MAF housing? If so, I would confirm everything is plugged in correctly.
Yup, usually MAF problem. Make sure its clean.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-16-16, 03:43 PM
Jkassaa
Driver School Candidate

I double checked everything and i followed all i structions that came with the air intake kit. According to the guys that supplied it they advised me that its a simple and safe kit as its designed for these types of cars. I will contact the supplier and have them take a look i am hopefull its nothing major.
Old 03-16-16, 07:27 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkassaa
Hi Guys hope you guys can steer me in the right direction, I purchased an Injin air intake kit complete with all nessacrey components and I installed it myself following all photo diagrams
I started the car warmed it up for a few minutes and took it for a drive and it was very impressive and enjoyable i didnt notice any ECL or the traction control light while driving it. Took
It home and switched it off to double check all connections and restarted it and then i noticed ECL and traction controll light on not sure why after restart its now showing these warning lights has anyone come across this issue and what might be things to chexk or replace if need be any assistance would be very appreciated.
When you reinstalled the maf sensor, I normally like to lube the rubber seal with very light dab of oil so that when reinstalling it snaps right into place opposed to just screwing it down. That was my experience with those aftermarket intakes.

Not sure how you reinstalled it but have you checked to make sure it has a secure seal other than the fact that the maf was re-installed correctly?

Also those open air intakes actually lose power on our cars, unless your doing it for strictly open air filter sounds and much more sluggish car, I would put the oem one back on. If our cars had the capability to reflash the ecu in otherwords tune, with the factory tune, that intake wont run optimaly.
Old 03-16-16, 08:21 PM
Jkassaa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replay, I did lube the rubber seal before clamping down and it does have a secure seal on it and is pretty tight, its booked in for a diagnostics tomorrow and have spoken with the perfomance shop who advised they have resolved this issue on another ISF. He is pretty certain that he will be able to resolve it quiet easily and ensure that its all running well buy completeing a tune on it as well for me for optimum perfomace.

I will update you guys on the final findongs and soultion to ensure other members are aware of the fix.
Old 03-17-16, 04:37 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Other short term option you could try is to disconnect the battery, leave it for 5-10mins, then re-connect the battery. Start it up to see whether it shows any CEL's (will probably cut out the first time you try restarting it, this is normal!). I had one guys dashboard looking like a Christmas tree with limp mode etc after I accidentally connected the throttle controller loom back to front. Swapped it round and still no joy! Disconnected and reconnected the battery, all good.

Hope you get it sorted either way chap.
Old 03-17-16, 07:36 PM
Jkassaa
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys just an update regarding my CEL, we have resolved the issue and thought you guys might want to know what to do. After removing the stock airbox while installing the air intake kit there is a circuit that was left open and
According to the instructions that came with the air intake kit it didn't me tion anything about closing that open circuit so what we did using a small wire was to close the circuit and reset the computer module allowing it to run its pre check's and she was a lot happier and no more ECL or traction control warning lights. The whole process took about 20 minutes hope this information would be helpful to everyone. Thanks for the feedback and assistance guys.
Old 03-17-16, 11:13 PM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

any pic of the circuit/wire you are referring to?
Old 03-18-16, 12:06 AM
Jkassaa
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Hi I forgot to take Photos while the technician was performing the repiar, but have taken a photo of the wire later in the day and I hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails CEL after installing Injen air intake kit on 2011 ISF-image.jpeg  
Old 03-18-16, 09:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I really hope you put a resistor across those pins.
Old 12-24-18, 01:48 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Super Old Thread... but. I got no errors just installing it and tucking the intake cables away. I believe you've already solved the issue. Marry Christmas.