IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 11:10 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drifto
This is what I like to hear. After reading this thread I was getting to the point where I didn't want to install my USRS anymore and just sell them lol.

BTW, how bad is the inner tire wear with the stock LCA?
**** that.

The USRS is a great, worthwhile mod for sure.
Old 04-04-17, 04:13 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by drifto
This is what I like to hear. After reading this thread I was getting to the point where I didn't want to install my USRS anymore and just sell them lol.

BTW, how bad is the inner tire wear with the stock LCA?
not bad at all .i never had inner wear that was noticeable because I do at least two alignments each year . But you'll be fine and now I'm lowered on kw v3 and really loved the ride definitely better then stock and just a warning after install you'll want to keep driving . Kinda sucks for me because I got the mod flu and did most mods already and I'm getting bored lmao itchy for that SC kit lmao
Old 04-04-17, 07:04 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
This was the alignment sheet from my latest alignment. The shop was able to get everything straightened out and the pull was temporarily fixed, but it quickly fell back into the same issue after an aggressive canyon run.
The small degree of difference in caster doesn't look like it would cause the pull, but I'm also not an alignment expert.

Didn't look like you got much feedback on this, but did you notice that your SAI is jacked? That's usually an indicator something is bent, or likely in your case, your subframe is shifted since it was removed multiple times. It isn't something adjustable, and is set from the factory, so the fact that it's off side to side tells me your suspension is no longer in it's original positioning.

Yes caster and camber deviations side to side would cause a pull, but those are adjustable thus why a pull related to them can be corrected.
Old 04-04-17, 10:58 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Didn't look like you got much feedback on this, but did you notice that your SAI is jacked? That's usually an indicator something is bent, or likely in your case, your subframe is shifted since it was removed multiple times. It isn't something adjustable, and is set from the factory, so the fact that it's off side to side tells me your suspension is no longer in it's original positioning.

Yes caster and camber deviations side to side would cause a pull, but those are adjustable thus why a pull related to them can be corrected.
Thanks for this feedback. The latest shop I took it to is going to help me adjust the subframe at my next appointment. I'm really hoping that'll make the difference because as far as I know, no one has put in the time and effort on adjusting the subframe.
Old 04-05-17, 01:44 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

OK it might have been covered before but what exactly does the sub frame alignment involve in detail..............
Old 04-21-17, 02:52 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

For those of you who had the Usrs for over 10k miles, how are your front tires?
Old 04-24-17, 02:56 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

0 wear on mine, they are wearing even steven
Old 05-18-17, 03:20 AM
bazzle01
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
OK it might have been covered before but what exactly does the sub frame alignment involve in detail..............
Basically you loosen it, force to the direction you want to reduce camber and re tighten.
Then re check alignment settings.
I always recommend a quick short drive to re settle suspension before re doing alignment.
Old 05-18-17, 08:02 AM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

This is my favorite mod to date
Old 06-17-17, 10:55 AM
ap1nyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i take this to a shop to install, how much should i be paying for labor?
Old 06-17-17, 11:02 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ap1nyt
If i take this to a shop to install, how much should i be paying for labor?
Shouldn't take more than an hour to install, so 90-150?
Old 06-17-17, 01:50 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

A local shop charged me $30 for labor. It was pretty fast and easy. Took them 30 mins
The following users liked this post:
sucabstunn (06-17-17)
Old 06-17-17, 08:37 PM
sucabstunn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
A local shop charged me $30 for labor. It was pretty fast and easy. Took them 30 mins
That sound very reasonable. I've been searching for a reputable place that would do the work for that cheap as my OEM bushing have started to squeak.
The only thing holding me back is the supposed rougher ride as I have a few bumpy roads that I have to pass to get to work daily.
Old 06-18-17, 02:04 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sucabstunn
That sound very reasonable. I've been searching for a reputable place that would do the work for that cheap as my OEM bushing have started to squeak.
The only thing holding me back is the supposed rougher ride as I have a few bumpy roads that I have to pass to get to work daily.
I live in a city that is riddled with potholes and uneven payment. I say go for it. You won't be disappointed. The ride is not much rougher but you do get better steering feel and braking.
Old 06-18-17, 02:15 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

I agree with 3nergiz3d 100% Southern New England are no better, probably worse. Yes, you will notice a little more NVH, but the benefits far outweigh the minor negatives.

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.