IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 04:41 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
hey Fragancia, post vids after the install!
I try don't know how to do it from my phone always gives me problems
Old 04-30-14, 04:46 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Your Are And You're Gonna LUV it. It should ship by the end of the week. Those pics are of your system.

Lou
ohhhh I see I'm in love already lol can't wait to hear that combo together ppe header+ppe exhaust
Old 04-30-14, 05:01 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Wow I just ordered the Joe Z exhaust a few days ago thinking it would still be a while before this was ready. Valves and coatings are a bit more than I was looking to spend (as expected) but I'd definitely considered the base system w/cats. Oh well. At least mine is on the way so no wait
Old 04-30-14, 08:25 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is PPE gonna post any sound clips of the different exhausts? I would like to hear the basic system vs the top of the line system
Old 04-30-14, 11:08 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^I don't believe any of the exhaust suppliers have supplied sound clips. It's left to the buyer's when some units get in the field. I'll post clips when I get the new mufflers.

Lou
Old 05-01-14, 07:29 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

^^^^I don't believe any of the exhaust suppliers have supplied sound clips. It's left to the buyer's when some units get in the field. I'll post clips when I get the new mufflers.

Lou
I'd say in this case it is a bit different. The entire selling point to this exhaust, and reason it is so expensive is sound. People will want to hear it more so than others(especially because it is new). Plus showing off what they accomplished will sell exhausts.
Old 05-01-14, 07:31 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cronic
I'd say in this case it is a bit different. The entire selling point to this exhaust, and reason it is so expensive is sound. People will want to hear it more so than others(especially because it is new). Plus showing off what they accomplished will sell exhausts.
I could meet with anyone in the New York area if the come to me to hear the car in person once installed the ppe headers and exhaust un cool with that
Old 05-01-14, 08:28 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

You're right. Right now, the only video is of the prototype system on Page one of this thread. At this time, no other video is available. When I have the production version of the mufflers installed, I will post another sound clip.

Lou
Old 05-01-14, 08:50 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

You're right. Right now, the only video is of the prototype system on Page one of this thread. At this time, no other video is available. When I have the production version of the mufflers installed, I will post another sound clip.

Lou
That would be great. I am actually local, and would love to maybe check one out in person if possible. Are you going with the standard version or dual mode?

I am really on the fence about installing my PPE headers because I don't want the car too loud.
Old 05-01-14, 09:14 AM
JG853
Driver School Candidate

How much lighter is this system than stock?
Old 05-01-14, 10:42 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

That would be great. I am actually local, and would love to maybe check one out in person if possible. Are you going with the standard version or dual mode? I am really on the fence about installing my PPE headers because I don't want the car too loud.
the system in the pic here is my system that's dual I'm just waiting for them to send it out but the headers I don't think are loud
Old 05-01-14, 11:24 AM
LionelHutz
Rookie

Would definitely like to get some quality video of the exhaust in both modes. Regardless of whatever's standard for the IS-F aftermarket, any good manufacturer should be able to borrow a GoPro and a mic for an afternoon.
Old 05-01-14, 01:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Message heard loud and clear When the production mufflers are installed on my F, will take quality sound clips both inside and from the rear of the vehicle. You guys are 100% correct. The PPE exhaust system is about Sound as well as Power.

Lou
Old 05-01-14, 01:54 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JG853
How much lighter is this system than stock?
Unknown at this point, but I'm sure it won't be lighter than the stock system with all the additional piping and electronic valves parts.
See post 33 of this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8217198-post33.html

With that said and depending on how it sounds I just may sell my Borla for this setup later in the summer. I like the thought of having the ability to switch between quiet and a roar. Hook me up Lou!

Last edited by caymandive; 05-01-14 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-02-14, 11:20 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I will have the product page up here in the next few days or you can order via PPE direct. Plan is to get sound clips and detailed products shots as soon as possible.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Quick Reply: PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler