IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-14, 12:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Don't know why you would quote the cost of a exhaust valve system from the factory. (considering the markup from the factory is ridiculous)

Thats like comparing the cost of a carbon fiber oem style spoiler from ebay for $200 Vs the OEM 2014 IS-F one which is $3,200 from Sewell.

By your logic, the Corvettes $1.2k valve exhaust system should be less than $100 additional in price.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you. But, we are not talking aftermarket components here, we're talking the price of an option on a car. The markup on a corvette from dealer cost is less than 10%. In your argument above you reduced the price of the exhaust option by 92%. Really, does that sound reasonable to you? And, just off the top of my head, I would think GM can make a better deal on those valves than PPE can. The valves PPE uses are oem quality and are sourced from oem suppliers.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 04-24-14 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-24-14, 04:21 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I'm not going to get into an argument with you. But, we are not talking aftermarket components here, we're talking the price of an option on a car. The markup on a corvette from dealer cost is less than 10%. In your argument above you reduced the price of the exhaust option by 92%. Really, does that sound reasonable to you? And, just off the top of my head, I would think GM can make a better deal on those valves than PPE can. The valves PPE uses are oem quality and are sourced from oem suppliers.

Lou
The mark up on actual material cost vs consumer cost before dealer cost is significant, don't you agree? Dealer cost is just another layer of cost on top of the fact.

And yes, 92% is a reasonable margin for certain optional parts (think overhead/capital/R&D/profit margin etc)

Regardless, we know you're bias here so we can lay this argument/conversation to rest.
Old 04-24-14, 04:30 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

How do these valves hold up in awful environments like the northeast if driven year around... will the jam up from corrosion? Is their going to be any warranty?
Old 04-25-14, 07:10 AM
pep71
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

Reading all this , this PPe sounds pretty cool with the option of being the quiet one....

How can we get one...in canada?
Or even better in upstate NY, I can take a little drive and would be fun to get it to a dealer that can install directly on site...

Let me know,I 'm shopping a new exhaust system.....Thanks
Old 04-25-14, 09:39 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the chances that someone in the California Bay Area has PPE exhaust? I would love to check it out and hear it in person.
Old 04-25-14, 10:49 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^As of right now, I have the only installed system.

Lou
Old 04-25-14, 01:37 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I can attest to the reliability of the QTP E-cutouts during a seriously corroding, salty, cold canadian winter.

If they can withstand the climate, i'm sure an OEM component can do so as well.

@darbs
Old 04-25-14, 02:28 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

How much is the system? And is there a video of it?
Old 04-30-14, 03:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

UPDATE

A Milestone has been reached:

1. PPE has sold the First System!

2. Make to Order Systems are now available to order.

Pricing will be:

• Basic System - $1,650. - No Dual Mode Muffler or Valves. The muffler will be a straight thru design packed with fiberglass, much like other after market systems. This will have Two outlets.

• Dual Mode System - $2,650. - Dual Mode Mufflers and Valves, Electronic Three Position Switch (Open, Closed, Automatic) in cabin control.

• Add Catalytic Converters - $300.

• Add Ceramic Coating- Rear Section - $250.

• Add Ceramic Coating- Entire System - $600.

I had the First System on my F for a trial Run. This System was the Basic Dual Mode System with No Cats.

Since the Prototype was installed on my F, PPE has modified the Dual Mode Muffler to be more aggressive sounding when the valve is closed. Being more aggressive sounding, does not mean it sounds like the other third party exhausts. It's a lot tamer, and it has no resonance or drone. When open, however, there is noticeable drone or resonance at 2K RPM like the other after market systems. To me, when open, the drone is no worse than the JoeZ Exhaust with Headers and No Cats. And, when open, it is quite loud. As mentioned above, when standing behind two Fs, one with the PPE Dual Mode System in the open position, the other with a JoeZ System - At a distance of 6 to 8 feet, the only system heard is the Open PPE. If you like Open Straight Pipes - You'll love this! And, if you want to sooth the neighbors, you'll also love this system. A True Dual Personality System.

Picts of the system are attached.

1. The Full System (showing two types of Head Pipes - with and without Cats).
2. The Rear Section
3. The Center Section
4. The Front Section (Both Types)
5. One Muffler with the Valve
6. The Vacuum Canister (Next Post)

Lou
Attached Thumbnails PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-system-s.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-rear-section-s.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-middle-section-s.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-front-section-s.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-muffler-s.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 04-30-14 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-30-14, 03:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Last Pic.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-dm-vacuum-canister-s.jpg  
Old 04-30-14, 03:47 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Talking

UPDATE

A Milestone has been reached:

1. PPE has sold the First System!

2. Make to Order Systems are now available to order.

Pricing will be:

• Basic System - $1,650. - No Dual Mode Muffler or Valves. The muffler will be a straight thru design packed with fiberglass, much like other after market systems. This will have Two outlets.

• Dual Mode System - $2,650. - Dual Mode Mufflers and Valves, Electronic Three Position Switch (Open, Closed, Automatic) in cabin control.

• Add Catalytic Converters - $300.

• Add Ceramic Coating- Rear Section - $250.

• Add Ceramic Coating- Entire System - $600.

I had the First System on my F for a trial Run. This System was the Basic Dual Mode System with No Cats.

Since the Prototype was installed on my F, PPE has modified the Dual Mode Muffler to be more aggressive sounding when the valve is closed. Being more aggressive sounding, does not mean it sounds like the other third party exhausts. It's a lot tamer, and it has no resonance or drone. When open, however, there is noticeable drone or resonance at 2K RPM like the other after market systems. To me, when open, the drone is no worse than the JoeZ Exhaust with Headers and No Cats. And, when open, it is quite loud. As mentioned above, when standing behind two Fs, one with the PPE Dual Mode System in the open position, the other with a JoeZ System - At a distance of 6 to 8 feet, the only system heard is the Open PPE. If you like Open Straight Pipes - You'll love this! And, if you want to sooth the neighbors, you'll also love this system. A True Dual Personality System.

Picts of the system are attached.

1. The Full System (showing two types of Head Pipes - with and without Cats).
2. The Rear Section
3. The Center Section
4. The Front Section (Both Types)
5. One Muffler with the Valve
6. The Vacuum Canister (Next Post)

Lou
I think I was the first one that got the ppe exhaust waiting from them to ship it out still
Old 04-30-14, 03:50 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Edit: I see it now.

Last edited by ISFpat; 04-30-14 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-30-14, 03:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
I think I was the first one that got the ppe exhaust waiting from them to ship it out still
Your Are And You're Gonna LUV it. It should ship by the end of the week. Those pics are of your system.

Lou
Old 04-30-14, 04:02 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

You certainly do get an "X" pipe section. Check Out Picture No. 3 please. The Center Section has an "X" pipe.

Lou
I see it now, didn't see it initially. I stand corrected.
Old 04-30-14, 04:06 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

hey Fragancia, post vids after the install!

Quick Reply: PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler