IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Speed-Freaks Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 02:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,292 Posts
Default Brake Component Buy Feeler - Speed Freaks

Hey everyone, as I mentioned in some of my earlier postings, we have a new site sponsor, http://speed-freaks.net. They have a couple posts on here. Since I am a customer of theirs, have been a member here for awhile, and have been involved in a couple of Group Buys, they have asked for my advice on how to proceed with a Group or Special buy here. This would not be your typical Group Buy, since many Brands, Compounds, and Components are involved.

Do you folks want a a Group Buy where we wait until completion of the buy and depending on the number of pieces sold set a price or would you like a Special Buy, where members of this forum be given a discount code and you go to the Speed Freaks site purchase your desired part, enter the code, and receive the discount immediately. The Components offered would be:

Brake Pads:

Project Mu Type NS Brake Pads (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately)
Project Mu NS400 Brake Pads (This is a lower cost version of Type NS, compound is made in Japan but moulded onto backing plates that are cut in Thailand for lower cost, Front and Rear can be signed up for separately)
Project Mu Club Racer Pad (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately)

Carbotech 1521Front and Rear (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately)
Carbotech XP12 Front / XP10 Rear (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately, if another compound is desired- we will be flexible)

The above were chosen, because they seem to be the most popular with you folks here, but if there is interest we could also include the Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads, like the ones I recently installed and am crazy about:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rake-pads.html

Rotors:

Project Mu Club Racer Rotors (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately- Slotted/8 Slots)
Project Mu Club Racer Rotors (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately- Drilled)

GiroDisc 2 Pc Rotors (Front and Rear can be signed up for separately- Slotted, Will require 10 sets)

StopTech Rotors (This is the lower cost option Front and Rear can be signed up for separately - Drilled)

An image of the GiroDisc 2 Pc Rotor appears below.

Please, let me know what you guys think. We would like to kick things of quickly. If you folks have any questions on the various products, advice on applications, or suggestions on how to make this buy a success please let us know.

From my personal experience, Speed Freaks is a great supplier of high performance parts with great customer support. Their desire is to make happy customers who will recommend them to others. It sure worked for me!

The Good Administrators have seen fit to combine two of my threads into one. So to save unnecessary scrolling to page two, I am putting the link to Speed-Freaks first group buy here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...e-special.html

This is for the daily driver, who wants a low dust pad (3 choices) and a quality slotted rotor, suitable for track duty. The pads are also available without the rotor package. Have a look, you'll like what you see

This Group buy ends on 2/8/13, only three more days to go

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Speed-Freaks Group Buy-img_6814.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 02-04-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-02-13, 10:29 PM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the pads be low dust?
Old 01-03-13, 07:19 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The Project Mu NS Pads are low dust

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-03-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-03-13, 01:09 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

OK - How about something like this:

A set would consist of a Pair (two) components. Example Front Pads would be a set, Rear Pads would be a set, 2 Rotors for one axle would be a set.

This could apply to to everything listed above except the GiroDisc 2 Pc Rotor. That would be handled like a traditional Group Buy, with pricing based on the total number (at least 10) ordered with a nominal down payment done at time of order.

The rest of the brake components can be be discounted, on a tiered scheme, according to the total number of sets (of a particular item) ordered. examples could be:

5% off Speed Freaks discounted price on any order placed if the total placed orders is 5 sets or less.
10% off Speed Freaks discounted price on all orders if the total orders placed is more than 5 but less than 11 sets.

And maybe Free Shipping could apply to make this more attractive.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. Maybe some of you folks could come up with a better scheme. Please let us know.

Lou
Old 01-03-13, 04:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

what ive learned through marketing, consumers will have more interest if you show how much the savings are and list how much the product is and will be after the group buy.

Ps, i wish you would of answered my PM, i would of waited for this, sucks that i bought all of my brake set up already.
Old 01-03-13, 06:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I'm so sorry. At the time of the PM, I couldn't divulge what was about to happen as Speed Feaks was not yet a sponsor. What did you end up with?

Lou
Old 01-03-13, 09:17 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Both of you, are of course, correct, and I thank you for your response. What this thread was about was more of a way to get your feelings as to how we might go about formatting the special or group buy. We will, of course, be showing pricing and savings, but were trying to get an idea as to the format that would generate the most interest with the members of this forum.

Lou
Old 01-03-13, 11:08 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i ended going with raybestos rotors all around, duralast gold pads all around, stoptech stainless lines. received all parts already.

format wise, i think you should set up:

daily driver/show - least amount of dust

spirited driver - dust, can be street driven and also use for tradk

track oriented - track compound only

OR:

cheapest combos and up
Old 01-03-13, 11:18 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

Lou
Having personal experience with the Carbotech 1521, I can vouch that they are very low dust as well.

Last edited by jkeifer3; 01-03-13 at 11:19 PM. Reason: word change for clarity
Old 01-04-13, 02:51 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lou
Which ones are you referring to the MU NS type or the MU NS400 or are they both low dust?
Old 01-04-13, 04:31 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Both of you, are of course, correct, and I thank you for your response. What this thread was about was more of a way to get your feelings as to how we might go about formatting the special or group buy. We will, of course, be showing pricing and savings, but were trying to get an idea as to the format that would generate the most interest with the members of this forum.

Lou
Lou do you work for Speed Freaks? Your posts lead me to believe you are partners with them.
Old 01-04-13, 05:26 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^

No Cayman, I do not. As I mentioned in my first post:

Since I am a customer of theirs, have been a member here for awhile, and have been involved in a couple of Group Buys, they have asked for my advice on how to proceed with a Group or Special buy here. This would not be your typical Group Buy
They have now gone a different way, and will be posting weekly specials:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-the-week.html

Lou
Old 01-04-13, 07:45 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Lou,

I should clarify that we just wanted to have an introduction thread and on a whim have added a weekly special- the format of which is completely open to your suggestion on how to proceed. The weekly special buy is separate from the request and effort being placed into this thread, and is open for revision as a format.

This was posted late on purpose to allow less traffic and a review- let me know your thoughts.

-Anish
^^^^

No Cayman, I do not. As I mentioned in my first post:

They have now gone a different way, and will be posting weekly specials:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-the-week.html

Lou

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 01-04-13 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-04-13, 08:24 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Which ones are you referring to the MU NS type or the MU NS400 or are they both low dust?
As Lou mentioned, the NS is a popular choice amongst IS-F owners as a replacement for the OEM pads and exhibits much less "brake dusting." The NS and NS400 are one in the same compound, the difference is that the NS400 backing plate is cut and compound moulded in Thailand (compound is still manufactured in Japan) to lower the cost and is only available to a few export friendly countries (US being one of them).

Lou is a customer and is helping us determine the appropriate products and method to approach the forums. He has been very helpful with feedback and is our point of contact for further insight. As you can tell from the efforts, we appreciate his help in leading us in the direction IS-F owners would prefer.

The sale page has moved off this sub-forum and we will await Lou's feedback, as well as others who wish to post here.

-Anish

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 01-04-13 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-04-13, 10:56 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Hi Anish.. Welcome..!!!

At the time of the NS pad launch, PMU was still cutting the break pad pucks to fit the break sensors..
(Which were never part of the IS-F braking system..)
But the D1365 designation lead them to believe thats what we needed...

Can you tell me today if the NS & NS400 (Front) now come with full clean pad pucks with NO cut outs for the break sensors that we do not have... (Found on few older Benzos that also use our Front Brembo calipers)

Thanks
~ Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails Speed-Freaks Group Buy-218610d1312657611-diy-is-f-front-brake-pads-slide3.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-04-13 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Speed-Freaks Group Buy