IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stance Wheels SCFive input

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 06:55 AM
DonTN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primecut
My point is that for any car, when you spend additional money for aftermarket parts, you may want to consider parts that are complementary and proportional to the quality of your vehicle, and also consider the quality of the part you are acquiring relative to the one you are replacing.

So the question is, is it worth it just to look different if it means you are upgrading in style, but downgrading in overall quality? A lot of people are ok with it, but I just wanted to pose this for the OP as something to consider.

Well said Sir
Old 07-23-12, 07:34 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a tangible performance difference between a heavy wheel and a light wheel, even in daily driving. It does not take a race car driver or a track day to sense it. Just like you don't need to drag your car at the strip to feel the 5.0 V8 on tap.

With that said, whether one goes with a light wheel obviously depends on their needs. If you are willing to sacrifice some performance for a better looking and heavier 3-pc cast wheel, then by all means go for it. My point is that for any car, when you spend additional money for aftermarket parts, you may want to consider parts that are complementary and proportional to the quality of your vehicle, and also consider the quality of the part you are acquiring relative to the one you are replacing.

I understand that people want to look different, but there is an "upgrade" different, and a "downgrade" different. Style is subjective, and there are some cheap wheels that look 100x better than the stockies. However, quality is mostly objective, and can anyone really argue that the wheels that the OP considered are at the same level as Volk or BBS?

So the question is, is it worth it just to look different if it means you are upgrading in style, but downgrading in overall quality? A lot of people are ok with it, but I just wanted to pose this for the OP as something to consider.
I say get both heavy and light weight wheels. I am planning to get light weight wheels. The only thing is I don't have enough funds at the moment and I only found 1 wheel I would like to put on the car.
Old 07-23-12, 08:32 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I say get both heavy and light weight wheels. I am planning to get light weight wheels. The only thing is I don't have enough funds at the moment and I only found 1 wheel I would like to put on the car.
This is why people should always keep the stock wheels for track use ect. Some members make it seem like you can't swap them out in ten minutes lol.
Old 07-23-12, 08:37 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

There is a tangible performance difference between a heavy wheel and a light wheel, even in daily driving. It does not take a race car driver or a track day to sense it. Just like you don't need to drag your car at the strip to feel the 5.0 V8 on tap.

With that said, whether one goes with a light wheel obviously depends on their needs. If you are willing to sacrifice some performance for a better looking and heavier 3-pc cast wheel, then by all means go for it. My point is that for any car, when you spend additional money for aftermarket parts, you may want to consider parts that are complementary and proportional to the quality of your vehicle, and also consider the quality of the part you are acquiring relative to the one you are replacing.

I understand that people want to look different, but there is an "upgrade" different, and a "downgrade" different. Style is subjective, and there are some cheap wheels that look 100x better than the stockies. However, quality is mostly objective, and can anyone really argue that the wheels that the OP considered are at the same level as Volk or BBS?

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
This is why people should always keep the stock wheels for track use ect. Some members make it seem like you can't swap them out in ten minutes lol.
I still have my stocks as well but plan on either getting rid of them or using them for the winter. If I don't do anything I will have 4 sets of wheels. lol
Old 07-23-12, 08:52 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by streetx
Not my pic here is one a vendor on another forums posted up, ill def weigh them once i get mine in but they are on back order

That is 19x9.5 @ 19.5lbs
this is the same one as I was thinking of getting...lol
Old 07-23-12, 11:55 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I still have my stocks as well but plan on either getting rid of them or using them for the winter. If I don't do anything I will have 4 sets of wheels. lol
Lol nothing wrong with that. I always have an extra couple sets close by.
Old 07-23-12, 07:30 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can def feel the difference in a lighter wheel, even 4lbs lighter. If you say no then you have never had a set of lighter rims. Turning, take off, braking..all are affected in a positive way. I used to autocross my S2000, a set of enkei rpf1's were a must

BUt gawd 20's look sick on this car

Last edited by DCoolBeans; 07-23-12 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-23-12, 08:12 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
You can def feel the difference in a lighter wheel, even 4lbs lighter. If you say no then you have never had a set of lighter rims. Turning, take off, braking..all are affected in a positive way. I used to autocross my S2000, a set on enkei rpf1's were a must

BUt gawd 20's look sick on this car
Man RPF1s are light! The lightest wheels I've had were Advan RS but in 18s. You could literally play catch with that wheel with how light it was.
Old 07-24-12, 09:46 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

LOL! You are the one who brought up gas mileage and a Civic. Funny thats the first car that you can think of when we are talking about wheels for an IS-F. If you are offering to buy me one then go for it. I could sell it and use the money for other projects. And honestly you have no clue what you are talking about.
Interesting comment. It's pretty clear your reading comprehension is faulty.

The OP never said a thing about tracking the car with these wheels. He likes the way they look. Good on him. He got the right thing for him. DonTN said he changed his mind about the wheels because he didn't like the weight and asked if anyone agreed. I did. Then you and Ice350 make a bunch of noise about how it's no big deal and you'll never notice the difference, and heavy wheels are stronger (total BS too).

You said I can't tell the difference between heavy wheels and light wheels. I said I can. I said if you can't tell the difference then why not drive a Civic because you are incapable of discerning the difference between visual performance and mechanical performance - hence a slow econobox with good mileage and aftermarket appearance mods will be just as good as a fast car with performance mods from your perspective.

I'm not dissing the OP's choice in wheels. Never have.

No clue what I'm talking about? That's comedy.
Old 07-24-12, 12:16 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Interesting comment. It's pretty clear your reading comprehension is faulty.

The OP never said a thing about tracking the car with these wheels. He likes the way they look. Good on him. He got the right thing for him. DonTN said he changed his mind about the wheels because he didn't like the weight and asked if anyone agreed. I did. Then you and Ice350 make a bunch of noise about how it's no big deal and you'll never notice the difference, and heavy wheels are stronger (total BS too).

You said I can't tell the difference between heavy wheels and light wheels. I said I can. I said if you can't tell the difference then why not drive a Civic because you are incapable of discerning the difference between visual performance and mechanical performance - hence a slow econobox with good mileage and aftermarket appearance mods will be just as good as a fast car with performance mods from your perspective.

I'm not dissing the OP's choice in wheels. Never have.

No clue what I'm talking about? That's comedy.
Your posts are pure comedy, keep them coming. Gives other people something to read. It's cute how much time you take to write them. Makes me feel special. Make it 4 full paragraphs next time though lol. Write something different though. You keep writing the same thing over and over. Good use of vocabulary though, well thought out haha!!!
Old 07-24-12, 02:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Took 30 seconds. I type fast. You still fail to comprehend.
Old 07-24-12, 02:35 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

How many cookies do you want for being a fast typing? And trust me your still failing at this point. Just gets more and more funny.
Old 07-24-12, 02:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

How many cookies do you want for being a fast typing? And trust me your still failing at this point. Just gets more and more funny.
Maybe, but at least I know the difference between your and you're.

Old 07-24-12, 02:43 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Great go show your high school English teacher. Nobody here cares. That's all you could say LOL
Old 07-24-12, 02:56 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man those Volks are sooooo sexy! I saw them at VR, they look soo good. Im glad people are finally posting some quality wheels on Fs!

Quick Reply: Stance Wheels SCFive input