IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

camber arm/adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 05:20 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber arm/adjustments

So after workin on the car trying to fit my wheels, ive noticed the isf doesnt have any camber adjustments or any way to adjust it?

Does the megan camber arms for the is350 fit these vehicles? i need like 1 more degree of negative camber to be able to fit my rims, and need somethin adjustable towhere i can dial it in.
Old 07-10-12, 08:00 PM
t4orce
Rookie

Subscribed to find out answer. I want to go the other way as I have too much negative camber on the front.
Old 07-11-12, 05:14 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Figs lower control arms maybe the solution.
Old 07-11-12, 07:24 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Figs lower control arms maybe the solution.
That is certainly an option for the rear... For the front, you could use the SPC adjustable balljoints, the FIGS offset front Lower polyurethane bushings, or his soon to be available upper control arms.
Old 07-11-12, 08:24 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this for the front:
http://www.spcalignment.com/componen...AFrom&to=USATo

This for the rear:
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...&product_id=58
Old 07-11-12, 11:29 AM
Straightik
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiLS
So after workin on the car trying to fit my wheels, ive noticed the isf doesnt have any camber adjustments or any way to adjust it?

Does the megan camber arms for the is350 fit these vehicles? i need like 1 more degree of negative camber to be able to fit my rims, and need somethin adjustable towhere i can dial it in.
The Doc said it,.. Rear is easy,.. Front is limited for Camber. I'm guessing your talking about the rear since your looking at the MR camber kit, and Yes, the IS350 arm fits the F, I think Sarge has a thread where he dissects all the measurements to confirm the rear suspension linkages are all the same. I used the Figs Mega Arm AND the Megan Racing Camber Arm on the rear and my alignment guy loved it.

I still find it strange that you need to add negative camber to fit your set-up,. have you already rolled the fenders? Is it lowered at all? In my non-mechanic opinion I feel like you should have your alignment set to ideal, and then fit wheels/tires to that.
Old 07-11-12, 02:14 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Straightik
The Doc said it,.. Rear is easy,.. Front is limited for Camber. I'm guessing your talking about the rear since your looking at the MR camber kit, and Yes, the IS350 arm fits the F, I think Sarge has a thread where he dissects all the measurements to confirm the rear suspension linkages are all the same. I used the Figs Mega Arm AND the Megan Racing Camber Arm on the rear and my alignment guy loved it.

I still find it strange that you need to add negative camber to fit your set-up,. have you already rolled the fenders? Is it lowered at all? In my non-mechanic opinion I feel like you should have your alignment set to ideal, and then fit wheels/tires to that.
its because im runnin a very aggresive set of rims...20x10.5 +20 245/35/20....
im lowered to the point im tuckin tires...
i need 1 more degree of camber so that theyll be no rub at all...

im hoping with just the megan camber will give me enough adjustments.
Old 07-11-12, 08:09 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Straightik

I thought figs mega arms give you the ability to adjust camber... Why do you need the megan camber arm on the rear too??
Old 07-11-12, 10:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by LiLS
its because im runnin a very aggresive set of rims...20x10.5 +20 245/35/20....
im lowered to the point im tuckin tires...
i need 1 more degree of camber so that theyll be no rub at all...

im hoping with just the megan camber will give me enough adjustments.
So you're going VIP. On a car designed for mechanical grip, not aesthetics. Yep, you're in for an uphill battle here.
Old 07-11-12, 11:24 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So you're going VIP. On a car designed for mechanical grip, not aesthetics. Yep, you're in for an uphill battle here.
naaa ive alrdy done the vip thing

just makin the car more of my style, more flush
Old 07-14-12, 11:17 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Just FYI I've been discussing with figs about his mega arms, etc and he said there is plenty of camber adjustment on them and that there is no need for using the Megan racing camber arms if you have his mega arms.... Also he said the Megan racing camber arms used poor quality bearings and materials.... And did not think they were a good option at all... Just thought I'd pass it on!
Old 07-14-12, 12:35 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I forgot to mention that FIGS said it's much more preferable to adjust camber from below (his mega arms) rather than higher up (Megan racing camber arms)....