IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SOCAL IS F Track Day - Willow Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 11:40 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ yea they are doing a streets of willow event this saturday.... i almost thought of doing it but just so much going on this month.... hoping we can put together a good F event and generate some good interest it would be fun to see us all on the track
Old 05-08-12, 01:01 PM
silky f
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd be down for this event for sure......

hopefully it doesnt conflict with my schedule for this month- I'll be in Vietnam from May 13-May29
Old 05-08-12, 05:15 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Cool, it looks like we should have quite a few F's on track for this event.

More than likely it will be early next month that we do this. I had a ****ty/busy day today and didn't have time to get their current schedule to see what kind of discount I can get us, but as soon as I do I will post it up and Tommy can add it to his OP.

Another reason to wait until next month is it will give the needed time to gain as much interest in this event as possible.

More F's = bigger trackday discount for all of us
More F's = more fun!!
Old 05-10-12, 01:02 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

So we've got...

Votes for "Big Track
1) Brian, Apexsports, Obsidian
2) Tommy, Just F Me, USB
3) Kody, blitz_714, MM
4) Murph, Murph145, MRM - Maybe
5) David, amgone75, MM
6) ?/SpmMorrow/? - maybe
7) ?/silky f/?

@ SpmMorrow and silky f...do you guys prefer the small Streets of Willow track, or the big track?
Old 05-10-12, 01:34 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Im not a maybe im game as long as it doesnt fall on my vacation days lol
Old 05-10-12, 03:00 PM
scrosby
Driver

Tommy, you might as well just automatically add me to the list for any F meets...

I'll be at this one too!
Old 05-10-12, 10:09 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scrosby
Tommy, you might as well just automatically add me to the list for any F meets...

I'll be at this one too!
That's what I like...someone easy to work with.
Old 05-11-12, 06:09 PM
SpmMorrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apexsports
So we've got...

Votes for "Big Track
2) Tommy, Just F Me, USB
3) Kody, blitz_714, MM
5) David, amgone75, MM
6) ?/SpmMorrow/? - maybe
7) ?/silky f/?

@ SpmMorrow and silky f...do you guys prefer the small Streets of Willow track, or the big track?
Im in pending date and time. I have never driven either track so I dont have a preference. Would love to go and meet some other F owners and see these cars in action, some track time is something I think every F owner has to do at least once.

Ryan, Spmmorrow, MM
Old 05-12-12, 08:00 AM
silky f
Driver

So we've got...

Votes for "Big Track
2) Tommy, Just F Me, USB
3) Kody, blitz_714, MM
5) David, amgone75, MM
6) ?/SpmMorrow/? - maybe
7) ?/silky f/?

havent been to a track so i wouldnt know-what do you think?
Old 05-12-12, 10:10 AM
Drone619
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think streets is the perfect course if you haven't tracked your car yet to get some experience. I learned off of streets and it made me a better driver. jumping to big track without ever tracking might be way to intimidating. you will know when what I mean when you see some of the cars run big track. I recommend streets for those of you who haven't done willow springs.
Old 05-14-12, 12:26 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

^^^ Drone makes a good point. Streets is more forgiving than the big track if you're new to tracking your car, so keep that in mind when choosing which track you prefer.

With that said though, the big track isn't overly intimidating. Use rule no.1 of spending time on a track...get braking done early, go in easy on corner entry, and come out hard on exit. Slowly build your entry/exit speeds throughout the day as comfort in the layout and braking markers increase.
Old 05-14-12, 11:12 AM
LBmtb
Driver

Just did streets this past weekend. It was a ton of fun! Heads up though - it was hot out there. Temps on the track were near 100 and a couple sessions ended prematurely for me because of engine oil temps. I was looking at the big track and will definitely want better brake pads before trying that - it looks like speeds can get pretty high on the long straight (150+).

Old 05-14-12, 11:23 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

^ nice yea i think most of us should start on the smaller track get use to the turns and how the car feels. most people are just weekend cruisers so i would think doing the small track first would be most beneficial to all.
Old 05-14-12, 11:27 AM
LBmtb
Driver

I'd recommend the small track, especially if there will be track newbies. This was just my second time on a track and my first time here so I'm still sort of a track newbie myself. I'll post some videos in a separate thread later.
Old 05-14-12, 11:50 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No guys, what I was saying is the Idy meet as our next meet like on the 20th or whenever we decide. Then, the following meet would be our track day. That would give us plenty of time to get everything setup for our track event (logistics etc) and allow us to gain plenty of interest in getting as many F's out there together as possible with a thread here at CL.

I get discounts at the local motel near the track too and I may be willing to foot the bill myself for those who want to come out to the track the night/day before the meet and stay at a motel. That way, we'd get up and be at the track within minutes without driving all of the way out there the morning of the meet.

If I got us all rooms though, I'd need people to pair up and 2 guys share each room to save me a bit of money.
I wouldn't mind sharing a room with a female clublexus member ;-) If that doesn't happen I need to remember not to drop the soap!!! Lol

Quick Reply: SOCAL IS F Track Day - Willow Springs