IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Previous owner had...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-12, 05:59 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous owner had...

The previous owner had wheel warranty and, simoniz system 5. I know wheel warranty transferred, what about the paint product? Can anyone tell me about these items more in depth and what they include? I have already had a bunch of items/ issues fixed under warranty, but I am looking for more education on some things. Thanks.
Old 04-27-12, 07:45 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Wheel Warranty, that usually is road hazard tire and wheel protection. What that does is it protects the tires and wheels against damage via potholes, blowing out the tire, puntures needing patches etc. Tires are fixed or replaced depending on damage, not due to premature wear. Wheels will be replaced if the it can no longer hold air pressure with the tire. If they can hold air, sometime it will be fixed or not depending on the company. Simoniz system 5 is a paint protectant that is basically a teflon coating over the paint. Protects the paint against any harmful products such as acid rain, love bugs if you live in the south etc. If paint shows wear thru the 5 years of install of Simoniz it will pay for that panel (s) repair or respray of paint matching it with the rest of the car. I am a finance manager for a Toyota store and thats what I sell, along with extended warranties and such! Hope this helps, I tipped the surface there, without going into too much depth. Yes all of those products are transferrable unless the previous owner cancels those contracts for his refund.
Old 04-28-12, 09:23 AM
Djtexan
Rookie

So I have this marbleized looking etching in my clear coat/paint. Is this something to talk to the dealer about regarding the simoniz?
Old 04-28-12, 10:32 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^i recommend you take some pictures, post it on here and one of us can help you, or go on Meguiarsonline.com and register as a forum member, post your pictures, and someone will make a recommendation on how to fix it if it's possible.

Or post it under the Automotive Care & Detailing section and i'm sure someone can help you.

Marbleized etching could be clear coat failure...which i doubt you have, but, you never know. Pics or it didn't happen...
Old 04-28-12, 12:04 PM
Kramer
Instructor

That very well could be by misapplication of the Simoniz......I would post some pics and let the community help determine what it is before taking it to the dealer or talking to them about.
Old 04-28-12, 12:14 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

Thanks folks! I'll try to get some pix up shortly.
Old 04-30-12, 06:46 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

I can't get the darn light for photos to reveal this paint issue. Looks like somebody resprayed a clear coat and let it dry outside. Thus leaving imperfections all throught it! Any advice please!
Old 04-30-12, 07:47 PM
Kramer
Instructor

If that's happened.....im sure it was not prepped right before paint or the clear was not thinned out right. Might not have anything to do with the simoniz itself.
Old 04-30-12, 11:24 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

Any ideas with it being under warranty ?
Old 05-01-12, 08:45 AM
Kramer
Instructor

The original paint is under a warranty granted by Lexus. It is usually 5 years. If the car has been resprayed at all that warranty is void. Im sure the Simonize warranty will be voided also with that being said.
Old 05-01-12, 11:19 AM
Djtexan
Rookie

The only ppl that have had the car is a local Lexus dealership. They sold to a lady new, she traded it in. Then I got it. So it leads me to believe they've done something to the paint. Idk, sorry to bore y'all, just getting ready to make an appt for another issue and wanted some ammo on this.
Old 05-07-12, 05:58 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

Took car to Lexus today, they think it's acid rain eating at clear coat! No go on covering it under warranty. Super pissed! Going back for other issues on Friday, anybody got some ammo for me?
Old 05-07-12, 06:19 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Simoniz should cover that bc thats what it is made to protect against.
Old 05-07-12, 07:35 PM
Djtexan
Rookie

Do I contact them or Lexus?
Old 05-07-12, 09:27 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Simoniz, contact them first. Let them know what dealership did the application

Quick Reply: Previous owner had...