IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-10, 04:42 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There's no such thing as "more" unique. Unique means one of a kind. I think you meant more exclusive.

USB is synonymous with the F. Any white color, while it looks great, could be ANY 2IS, so if you want something people will immediately recognize as an F, your only choice is USB. They'll only be wrong sometimes since the IS C is available in USB as well.

And the new 2011 IS is also available in USB now
Old 09-15-10, 06:25 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There's no such thing as "more" unique. Unique means one of a kind. I think you meant more exclusive.

USB is synonymous with the F. Any white color, while it looks great, could be ANY 2IS, so if you want something people will immediately recognize as an F, your only choice is USB. They'll only be wrong sometimes since the IS C is available in USB as well.
Thanks for comments, you are right about white "while it looks great, could be ANY 2IS, so if you want something people will immediately recognize as an F, your only choice is USB." accept the new F-sport IS line which to me is a mistake on lexus behave but I guess they just want to move as many units as possible. I don't expect to see to many of these do to additional cost but will see. As far USB color I was thinking the same thing typically when you see that color you think ISF.

As far as your comment about definition of "unique" "There's no such thing as "more" unique. Unique means one of a kind. I think you meant more exclusive." you are right and your wrong here are some examples but I get what you mean.

Unique - radically distinctive and without equal
Unique - highly unusual or rare
Unique - applying exclusively
Unique - single of kind
Unique - being without a like or equal;unmatched; unparalleled

Thanks for comments
Old 09-15-10, 09:06 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One more vote for USB FTW...
Old 09-15-10, 09:41 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

USB I'd say....I just got my F two weeks ago and yes its USB.

I've wanted one of these from before Toyota decided to build it...and now FINALLY a performanced based Toyota since the Supra left.

This color was and still is the marketing color for the car and when i got mine I want no question as to what i was driving....basically that color that says...thats no ordinary IS its an F
( no offense 250 and 350 owners...I had a 350 and traded up)
Old 09-16-10, 06:05 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In my experiences, most people don't know what the car is, to really say they'd think "IS F", upon seeing it in blue, or any other color, for that matter. The name recognition just isn't there, yet. If you want a color that isn't shared throughout most of the brand, though, then USB is it.

Either way, both colors look great, especially when clean and in person. You won't go wrong with either, though white managed to edge out blue, in my case.
Old 09-16-10, 09:47 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

USB

That color is unique... white isn't... unless it that's cool glacier white Lexus has. Special color on a special car right ?

IMHO.. Lexus should built the ISF on one color.. and that color is USB. Then you would know its a ISF on the spot.

Just pure sex..

.. now the IS250 and 350 or gettin the USB I think Lexus should have kept that color on the ISF alone.

BTW nice IS350

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 09-16-10 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-16-10, 09:51 AM
DajonDondo
Pole Position

i disagree.... only 1 color for a car?????????????????????? hell naww..... car wouldnt sell well. some poeple dont want blue car...... some want white or black. if u see the USB u would know its a IS-F...... or a IS350 F-Sport.......
Old 09-16-10, 10:03 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

I don't like the fact Lexus gave USB to the ISx.. I also believe the HS has the USB color option too.. such shame.

Maybe the one color is a bit much.. but the ISF is really special car I don't know why one would want a color that lessons the car... and I don't wanna hear about be "subtle" if you wanted to be subtle then you should have no brought a track built, 400hp + sedan.
Old 09-16-10, 10:05 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
USB

That color is unique... white isn't... unless it that's cool glacier white Lexus has. Special color on a special car right ?

IMHO.. Lexus should built the ISF on one color.. and that color is USB. Then you would know its a ISF on the spot.

Just pure sex..

.. now the IS250 and 350 or gettin the USB I think Lexus should have kept that color on the ISF alone.

BTW nice IS350
I agree 100% on that brother, those marketing guys at Lexus know its hot color, they know that certain folks will pay extra cash just to have this color. People that know this car associate USB color with ISF they may tell you blue represents F-Sport line but I still feel they did because association of USB to ISF. Thanks for props on IS350 she will be missed.
Old 09-16-10, 10:38 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

I would go with Starfire Pearl. But I guess my vote won't even matter because everyone else voted for USB. lol
Old 09-16-10, 10:50 AM
Weapon F

This funny guy when i told the wife I was thinking of getting F in blue she tells me like your skittle aka SRT-4 I was like no she didn't I told her how could you compare the two, my SRT-4 was fun and fast and blue it was like a little barbarian loud , crewed, rude and rough around the edges but would kick your *** if you got to close (SRT-4 was 402whp 375lb tq on 27lbs of boost running 35R dual BB tubro, super-beast front mount, 720 RC injectors, 3in down pipe 3in exhaust, needswing elect dupe pipe,piggy back cpu, walbro 255 fuel, return line, BC suspension etc. weight 2950ibs with me in 3120) They were called Skittles do to shape and colors of the cars, hence the Blue Skittle. I told her Honey the only thing they have in common is 4 doors 4 wheels and blue color the SRT-4 may have been Blue Skittle but the ISF is more like Blue Sapphire or better yet Blue Diamond she laugh and told me that I was obsessing over ISF and told her she was absolutely right lol.

pics of skittle

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-1432.jpg

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-1419.jpg

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-autoshow-07-003.jpg

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-autoshow-07-004.jpg

Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-1323.jpg
last day with SRT-4 parted her out back to stock sold her
Old 09-16-10, 10:57 AM
Weapon F

some more SRT-4 pics
Attached Thumbnails Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-autoshow-07-012.jpg   Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-autoshow-07-013.jpg   Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-autoshow-07-009.jpg   Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-1396.jpg   Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White-1393.jpg  

Old 09-16-10, 02:18 PM
Weapon F

Just received call from Lexus Eastern Area Office my rep informed me the USB color is special order and right now looking at 3 to 4 month wait for one unless you pre-order in advance. This make no sense they offer the color on web site in almost every ad they features USB color but you have to special order it WTF!! She check the manifest of next incoming shipment only one is coming in and that one was preorder. Will contact GM at my dealership, see if he had any better luck if not then I will go with my second choice White StarFire Pearl they have two on board the next ship will have to reserve it ASAP.

I could go for 2010 but after reading Motor Tread article regard 2011 and how vastly improved the handling is now I think I'll just get White Stafire Pearl, unless I get lucky between now and next 3 weeks maybe someone will cancel there order.
Old 09-16-10, 02:43 PM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

^^ the wait does seem long but I don't know if I would settle for a color unless you the USB and white are very close in your opinion...but definitely wait to get a 2011 if you can since it has some pretty cool upgrades
Old 09-16-10, 03:55 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
^^ the wait does seem long but I don't know if I would settle for a color unless you the USB and white are very close in your opinion...but definitely wait to get a 2011 if you can since it has some pretty cool upgrades
Thanks daniel3000, white was my second choice but since this will be my daily driver I would have to go buy another car while I wait for USB to come in and even beater car, something thats not going to fall apart won't be cheap here in NY then I have to try and sell it and most likely at lost. Dam this suck have to make tough decision wait for USB and incur additional cost and lose money or go with Starfire white and basically pay a little more than I'm currently for IS350. But if have to allocate funds to another car that changes everything and you know Murphy law with my luck something major go's on the beater car then I'm stuck dumping more money into something I'm getting rid of in few months.

Quick Reply: Going to order 2011 ISF which is more unique color USB or Starfire White