IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dropped my IS-F with JIC Coilovers for the IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 01:42 PM
knapik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisburke
i cant believe JIC went cheap on the bushings.. RuBBER??? not sphyrical bearings? WHAT
i highly doubt jic went cheap on the coilovers. my friends Civic with jic's on them, it had spherical bearings, and we all know how cheap honda guys are!(at least this one) lol.
the rubber bushing would help with keeping the ride quiet and smooth.
if anyone were to track their is-f on a regular basis i know jic will do custom set ups with springs and valving. if anyone really wanted spherical bearings i dont see an issue with that being accomplished.
Old 11-18-08, 03:23 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

jic sponsored my m3 and i raced for Honda challenge many years. Not saying they are cheap and to be honest rubber is not really going to make the that much quieter. they make teflon coated bearings now and ran them for years. just wondering why they didnt use them and what the spring rate was. as for hondas my company makes the spherical bearing kits for them. so cheap honda guys?? there are cheap lexus guys too.. just wanted an answer
Old 11-18-08, 03:25 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Chris, your on a Car Forum.....

Why not just contact JIC Magic directly and get us all the info???
figured since he had the box right there it would be easier. I will contact jon at jic and find out.
Old 11-18-08, 06:32 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

figured since he had the box right there it would be easier. I will contact jon at jic and find out.
haha Chris...don't be lazy!!! Just call...the box I have doesn't say much on it...just Japanese characters! lol
Old 11-18-08, 07:01 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Very nice drop indeed, liking it a lot......
Old 11-18-08, 08:13 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

thanks just thought it might have it. i did send off an email to JIC last week but no reply yet. Thanks dood. nice drop
Old 11-18-08, 09:33 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks just thought it might have it. i did send off an email to JIC last week but no reply yet. Thanks dood. nice drop
well if you have time on to swing by the friday night meets now at alhambra you can take my car out for a test drive to test the coilovers...heh
Old 11-19-08, 07:44 AM
isbeater
Driver

Looks super good! I'd totally be on board for those if the spring rates were at least as stiff as the stock springs!

Chris - post up the specs when you get them please
Old 11-19-08, 08:37 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

wow looks amazing!
Old 04-05-09, 10:01 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

i think this is a good thread to bring back....

Yeah we hear the ride quality is good, but how is it for everyday driving? Back then when i had my 3rd Gen Acura TL, i had it lowered on Tein Super Street (i understand Tein might not be on the same level as JIC), and like all lowered cars, you kind of have to change the way you drive everywhere....

I guess the real question is do you have to change your driving style drastically? or is it just slow down on speed bumps and angle up drive ways?
Old 04-05-09, 10:24 AM
MEANDAFAKA
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have JIC on my LS and i love the way they perform, good for you bro.
Old 04-05-09, 11:05 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Just F Me
i think this is a good thread to bring back....

Yeah we hear the ride quality is good, but how is it for everyday driving? Back then when i had my 3rd Gen Acura TL, i had it lowered on Tein Super Street (i understand Tein might not be on the same level as JIC), and like all lowered cars, you kind of have to change the way you drive everywhere....

I guess the real question is do you have to change your driving style drastically? or is it just slow down on speed bumps and angle up drive ways?
I had the JIC Magic Coilovers installed on my F last week. My first impression was that they were very soft. I still only have around 150-200 miles on them so I think they are still "breaking in." Because even in that short period, the stiff settings are starting to feel stiffer than they first were. Not in a bad way though. I think the ride is way better and as some have called it more compliant to all conditions, I would have to agree. Currently I have it set on the third from stiffest setting, and I love it. They are still more forgiving than the stock suspension. With our bad freeze/thaw out in Chicago, there are a ton or potholes and just terrible road conditions. Before with stock, you really just took a beating. The whole car would just get thrown around. Now, I am hitting the same spots, but it seems like the coils take about 75% of that "blow" away and absorb the imperfections better.

I feel like if I hit any larger bumps, you can hear it more in the cabin but I don't think that is often enough where I really care. Especially, while music is playing, you don't hear anything. Right now, I'm sort of babying it. Almost like when you buy a new car, I'm trying to find out the limits of the coils as far as how aggressive I can drive. But they have held their own. Any really hard turn I make there is still minimal body roll and they have been rock solid.

As far as everyday driveability. I DO use my F as my daily driver for summer and winter. I left the rear as they were out of the box, which I think are a tad lower than stock still. The front I dropped a 1/2", which to honest with you, looks like more. I haven't had any issues with rubbing or issues with speed bumps etc... And no, besides the explanation above regarding break-in, I have not changed my driving style. Again, I haven't exactly slammed mine b/c it is a daily but it still looks a lot lower IMO and more aggressive.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.
Old 04-05-09, 05:41 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil fromt Element Tuing who races in the Redline Time Attacks just switched from JIC's to the BC Racing coils.

He said he loves them. More controlled and it fixed his issue of the inside wheel "skipping" on tight turns. He has another event in 2 weeks and he will be posting up the times for that, he's lookign to set a new track record
Old 04-10-09, 09:33 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I had the JIC Magic Coilovers installed on my F last week. My first impression was that they were very soft. I still only have around 150-200 miles on them so I think they are still "breaking in." Because even in that short period, the stiff settings are starting to feel stiffer than they first were. Not in a bad way though. I think the ride is way better and as some have called it more compliant to all conditions, I would have to agree. Currently I have it set on the third from stiffest setting, and I love it. They are still more forgiving than the stock suspension. With our bad freeze/thaw out in Chicago, there are a ton or potholes and just terrible road conditions. Before with stock, you really just took a beating. The whole car would just get thrown around. Now, I am hitting the same spots, but it seems like the coils take about 75% of that "blow" away and absorb the imperfections better.

I feel like if I hit any larger bumps, you can hear it more in the cabin but I don't think that is often enough where I really care. Especially, while music is playing, you don't hear anything. Right now, I'm sort of babying it. Almost like when you buy a new car, I'm trying to find out the limits of the coils as far as how aggressive I can drive. But they have held their own. Any really hard turn I make there is still minimal body roll and they have been rock solid.

As far as everyday driveability. I DO use my F as my daily driver for summer and winter. I left the rear as they were out of the box, which I think are a tad lower than stock still. The front I dropped a 1/2", which to honest with you, looks like more. I haven't had any issues with rubbing or issues with speed bumps etc... And no, besides the explanation above regarding break-in, I have not changed my driving style. Again, I haven't exactly slammed mine b/c it is a daily but it still looks a lot lower IMO and more aggressive.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.
great info....i'm sooooooo skeptical to mod this car. the whole reason why i got the F instead of the 350 was to not mod the car...but rims, coilovers, and exhaust seems to be awesome mods....
Old 04-12-09, 03:52 AM
Weezy$Baby
Driver

dude seriously, what do you do for a living?

cuz thats on another level +1

props!