IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: What does your insurance cost for the ISF for 6 months?
Parents or other pay for it
12.20%
$800-$1000
31.71%
$1100-$1300
9.76%
$1400-$1600
0%
$1700-$1900
2.44%
$2000-$2200
2.44%
You don't want to know
19.51%
$600-$800
9.76%
$400-$600
12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

What does your insurance cost for the ISF for 6 months? (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-11, 11:24 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With my xterra and ISF split driving 50/50 I pay 1200 a year with full coverage on both... $1000 deductible & clean driving record...
Old 08-10-11, 11:36 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my ISF as a dd I pay $1400.00 a year, 1 speeding ticket and a $500.00 deductible. I guess that's fair for me. Lol
Old 08-10-11, 12:14 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

I paid $1000 a year for 500k full coverage, with rental, glass, roadside assistance and a $1k deductible. Now I pay $1400 a year because I got an 8 point drag racing ticket....

Funnily enough I checked on the GTR it was only $6 more a year than the ISF with the same coverage.
Old 08-10-11, 12:20 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Dude, you got an 8 point racing ticket? F'ing insane and insurance only increased $400. That's one hell of a bargain. Just curious but did you get thrown in jail with that serious of a violation?
Originally Posted by infinus
I paid $1000 a year for 500k full coverage, with rental, glass, roadside assistance and a $1k deductible. Now I pay $1400 a year because I got an 8 point drag racing ticket....

Funnily enough I checked on the GTR it was only $6 more a year than the ISF with the same coverage.
Old 08-10-11, 01:04 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's about what I pay
Old 08-10-11, 01:17 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

1,700 for my ISF and wife's Jetta, full comprehensive coverage on both
Old 08-11-11, 03:13 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Dude, you got an 8 point racing ticket? F'ing insane and insurance only increased $400. That's one hell of a bargain. Just curious but did you get thrown in jail with that serious of a violation?
There was a cop hiding in an SUV over the crest of a small hill running instant on radar with nobody but me and the guy on the 3 lane wide street. It was 10 points actually because she charged me for drag racing which is 8 and 2 for criminal speed (90 in a 45). They also wanted a night in jail and they towed my car. I got my car out an hour later, it only cost me $90 to get it out which I expected worse. They had to find 3 different trucks before they could find one that could work without scraping my car. I had asked if I could have my brother take my car and they said no (which I should have been allowed to do according to their policy and procedures manual). My lawyer got the jail and speeding dropped and I got to do Traffic survival school and got to keep my license. The guy I was racing ended up taking the plea they offered him and went to jail. At first they didn't want to drop the jail time because they said the other guy already accepted and it wasn't fair to offer me something different, but my lawyer had pulled the other guys record and he had numerous issues before so he used that as leverage and got her to let me go. If I had an even numbered case instead of the odd numbered case I would have gotten the nice prosecutor but I got the mean one instead lol.

Overall I got off pretty easy considering the circumstances but not a mistake I want to repeat. My insurance company took it surprisingly easy on me especially considering I've only been with them for about a year and a half. I guess what works out in my favor is that I've never had an insurance claim against me and this was my first ticket. This was about a year ago, 2 more and my insurance goes back down to normal.
Old 08-11-11, 04:48 PM
rtr01
Rookie

There was a cop hiding in an SUV over the crest of a small hill running instant on radar with nobody but me and the guy on the 3 lane wide street. It was 10 points actually because she charged me for drag racing which is 8 and 2 for criminal speed (90 in a 45). They also wanted a night in jail and they towed my car. I got my car out an hour later, it only cost me $90 to get it out which I expected worse. They had to find 3 different trucks before they could find one that could work without scraping my car. I had asked if I could have my brother take my car and they said no (which I should have been allowed to do according to their policy and procedures manual). My lawyer got the jail and speeding dropped and I got to do Traffic survival school and got to keep my license. The guy I was racing ended up taking the plea they offered him and went to jail. At first they didn't want to drop the jail time because they said the other guy already accepted and it wasn't fair to offer me something different, but my lawyer had pulled the other guys record and he had numerous issues before so he used that as leverage and got her to let me go. If I had an even numbered case instead of the odd numbered case I would have gotten the nice prosecutor but I got the mean one instead lol.

Overall I got off pretty easy considering the circumstances but not a mistake I want to repeat. My insurance company took it surprisingly easy on me especially considering I've only been with them for about a year and a half. I guess what works out in my favor is that I've never had an insurance claim against me and this was my first ticket. This was about a year ago, 2 more and my insurance goes back down to normal.
im glad i do not live in the states. this almost sounds like some communist country law. ive been pulled over doing 150 in a 110 at 11pm and been given a warning because i was the fastest he clocked all night. ive been in a vehicle where the driver was racing someone, and was doing 130 in a 50 and we got a warning for excessive speed. the worst i ever got a ticket for, was doing 60 in a 30 zone, it was a playground zone literally less than half a block long, and there was a speed trap. this was at about 2 in the afternoon when i was 16. i got a $172 ticket for that, and an interview about my driving, which i was told not to do it again. thats the biggest ticket and most severe punishment i have ever gotten for anything. as i sit right now i havent had a ticket or been pulled over in over 4 years. the only time a police officer was near my isf was at a check stop. a check stop which was around a blind corner, where i was showing my buddy my new joez exhaust and how fast the car was. we came around the corner at 170, in a 60 zone, at about 10pm, nailed the brakes, blipped some downshifts, and calmly rolled up to the check stop. the officer could tell i was speeding because he could hear me long before i came around the corner, but he estimated my speed at about 90. boy was he wrong. anyways he told me nice car, and to keep it down a little. that was my first and only encounter with the police in my isf.

back to the insurance thing, i have a combined policy which i believe my isf is 700 per year, only driving 5000km per year. record is clean, as insurance only counts tickets dating back 3 years. and no accidents. and i think the insurance drops to 500 when i drop the coverage to fire, theft and vandalism for the winter. regular coverage is fire theft vandalism collision and comprehensive with liability up to 1 million.....

oh canada, my true patriot love!
Old 08-11-11, 06:35 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

IS-F insurance rates don't seem to be that bad at all. If I remember correctly, when I was debating on getting rid of the STI and getting the F, the quote I was given made my insurance go up maybe $10-$20 a month from the STI & H3. Coverage for me & the wife for the F and her H3 is $1,500 a year. I assume my speeding ticket from AZ is off my record cuz the rate I am paying seem to be about on par as the rest of you guys.
Old 08-11-11, 10:14 PM
silky f
Driver

these are all great rates compared to mines!

I pay $3k a year I have a 5 point record
Old 08-12-11, 12:48 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by silky f
these are all great rates compared to mines!

I pay $3k a year I have a 5 point record
Make sure you shop around by using a broker I got all kinds of crazy rates till I found my current insurance company.
Old 08-12-11, 05:25 AM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Mine is a little less than $800 a year with a clean record. I feel for the people paying those large amounts as that is outrageous.
Old 08-12-11, 10:47 AM
silky f
Driver

Make sure you shop around by using a broker I got all kinds of crazy rates till I found my current insurance company.

yeah, i've been using my broker for almost 10 years...

my previous insurance carrier wanted me to renew @ $8k plus a year!!!

i ended up switching out and found $3k a year- the cheapest one we've found
Old 08-12-11, 02:17 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by silky f
yeah, i've been using my broker for almost 10 years...

my previous insurance carrier wanted me to renew @ $8k plus a year!!!

i ended up switching out and found $3k a year- the cheapest one we've found
What area you live in and if you have a garage and how far you live from work has a lot to do with it too.

Yeah my old ins company wanted 3K+
Old 08-12-11, 04:18 PM
codylaoISF
Driver School Candidate

haha nice one ! i just turned 20 , i pays $5500/6months for my 2011 lexus isf and 08 cayenne turbos . with 5 speeding ticket and 1 racing ticket , 2 accidents.

Quick Reply: What does your insurance cost for the ISF for 6 months? (merged threads)