IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

And the "official" horsepower rating is... (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 04:57 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoj
Is that number too high for calling IS-F Limited edition ??????????
Number is 5,700, which also was affirmed at dealer meeting in Hawaii. Don't know if Lexus ever has called the IS-F a limited edition. Maybe the Nieman Marcus model? Dunno.
Old 10-03-07, 05:01 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

M3..........414Hp
IS-f.........416Hp
RS4.........420Hp
and the winner is ............(drumroll).......

AMG C63 with a whopping 457HP

I think that even though numbers don't tell the whole tale, Lexus is trying to break into a market where they pretty much had ZERO presence in the past. They have to pull out the big guns imo with this one like they did with the gs400 back in 98 and the 06 IS350, in order to make a lasting impression. Let's face it, most people will only read about these cars and the majority of the public is wowed by such things as numbers. For the fortunate ones who get to own these cars, if HP numbers aren't important then why buy the M/RS/AMG/F version???
Old 10-03-07, 05:03 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Interesting, but I don't know. I wonder if they even paid attention to the license plate.
hahahaa I noticed that as well, but I ignored it as being my mind reading too much into things.
Old 10-03-07, 05:31 PM
ride450
Driver School Candidate

Wow 435 would be awesome...
I hope, realllllyyy hope, that Lexus is trying to clue us in lol.
Old 10-03-07, 05:39 PM
xxlbeerZ
Rookie

That plate has to mean something.

What do you think MCH means?
Old 10-03-07, 08:24 PM
is-fan
Driver

This is very disappointing news, if true. There has still not been an official press release, right? Sad indeed. I'm waiting for a press release. If you look at the poll, Lexus has let many people down.

Originally Posted by toyotadad
... 416, or at least that's what Lexus dealers are being told at the annual dealer meeting currently being held in Maui. Also, the F reportedly was a big hit with the Buff Book people who attended last week's long-lead press preview of the car, and we all know they never have been overly kind to Lexus products in the past. Apparently, the overwhelming feeling was they didn't think Lexus could execute such a vehicle. Of course, there are those on this forum who will continue to believe it's just the latest in disinformation from the Lexus Minister of Disinformation.
Old 10-03-07, 09:04 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
That plate has to mean something.

What do you think MCH means?
Michigan? Although most of these photo shots usually have some random letters and numbers (Check out the blue plate of the Camry Hybrid or other Toyota/Lexus models)
Old 10-03-07, 09:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Just wait October 24....it will come!
Old 10-03-07, 09:35 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is-fan
There has still not been an official press release, right?
That is correct, so the title of this thread is a bit misleading and should probably be edited, since this 416HP figure is definatly not official.
Old 10-03-07, 10:16 PM
is-fan
Driver

I agree. The title should be changed or the thread should be closed. There are already enough "How much hp will the IS-F have" threads on this and other forums like it.

Originally Posted by Ramon
That is correct, so the title of this thread is a bit misleading and should probably be edited, since this 416HP figure is definatly not official.
Old 10-03-07, 10:33 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

all i can say is, being a former Lexus dealer employee

back in the late 80s the whole automotive world laughed at Toyota for making public its intent on making a separate luxury brand to compete against established rivals from Europe. Here we are in 2007 and i guess one can comfortably applaud the story book success Toyota and Lexus have enjoyed since including the addition of the Scion brand and finally almost 2 years ago re-launching Lexus this time as its own entity worldwide including its home country. If theres anything you all should keep in mind about Lexus while trying to figure out why the IS-F isnt the best or better than the rest...just remember the slogan:

"The passionate pursuit of perfection..."

being the most powerful certainly wont contribute entirely nor having the biggest engine. As with previous Lexus offerings this car will cater to niche group of buyers who are willing to pay the price for a vehicle that blends luxury, style, performance, safety and driving dynamics into a well rounded yet elegant package that showcases its attributes in a way that is not as offensive as its main rivals. Sure the car will be compared to the many entries into this segment from Germany but rest assured that while on paper it many not look the best...in the real world it will shine and the sales figures will reflect that.
Old 10-03-07, 10:35 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joelseff

AMG C63 with a whopping 457HP
sadly its in a very detuned state for this application so if MB really wanted to showboat they could have easily used a similar tune of the other 63s maybe bringing the total count just north of 500...then what?
Old 10-03-07, 10:36 PM
DominicAN
Rookie

Originally Posted by toyotadad
Number is 5,700, which also was affirmed at dealer meeting in Hawaii. Don't know if Lexus ever has called the IS-F a limited edition. Maybe the Nieman Marcus model? Dunno.
i wonder if that includes the 50 NM editions...even so that a low number in comparison to overall IS250/350 sales
Old 10-03-07, 10:40 PM
Faheta
Driver

Default And the "official" horsepower rating is ...

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/07/1004.html

The thing is I don't see the weight spec anywhere. If it's under 3700 lbs, the 2008 M3 will have trouble keeping up.

It's just a personal thing, but I'm leaning toward the M3 if the IS-F doesn't have a big price advantage (e.g. ~10K)

Last edited by Faheta; 10-03-07 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Miscalc hp as pointed out by Chu
Old 10-03-07, 10:44 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice, I might just have to consider one of these for my next car

Quick Reply: And the "official" horsepower rating is... (merged threads)