IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

And the "official" horsepower rating is... (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 01:55 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And the "official" horsepower rating is... (merged threads)

... 416, or at least that's what Lexus dealers are being told at the annual dealer meeting currently being held in Maui. Also, the F reportedly was a big hit with the Buff Book people who attended last week's long-lead press preview of the car, and we all know they never have been overly kind to Lexus products in the past. Apparently, the overwhelming feeling was they didn't think Lexus could execute such a vehicle. Of course, there are those on this forum who will continue to believe it's just the latest in disinformation from the Lexus Minister of Disinformation.
Old 10-03-07, 02:12 PM
LexFather

If they can't get 5 more damn HP to have 1 more than the RS4 and M3, they need a kick in the butt.

I mean, seriously, its only 5hp but Lexus needs to come out with a good bang, at least be 2nd under the C63. Not 4th behind all the GErmans.
Old 10-03-07, 02:18 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Well, SHAME on Lexus. Is this a case of "mine's bigger than yours?"
Old 10-03-07, 02:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by toyotadad
Well, SHAME on Lexus. Is this a case of "mine's bigger than yours?"
Lets see here.
They did it with the 1998 GS 400. 300hp, more than anyone
They did with with the 2006 IS 350. 306hp, more than anyone.

Why not at least be 2nd in the super sedan class?????? Why settle below the GErmans.

The entire M/F/AMG/RS etc clas IS ABOUT MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

I love Lexus, I will also point out questionable decisions.
Old 10-03-07, 02:24 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lets see here.
They did it with the 1998 GS 400. 300hp, more than anyone
They did with with the 2006 IS 350. 306hp, more than anyone.

Why not at least be 2nd in the super sedan class?????? Why settle below the GErmans.

The entire M/F/AMG/RS etc clas IS ABOUT MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

I love Lexus, I will also point out questionable decisions.
As I mentioned before, I'm going to enjoy my IS-F for what it is, not what it's not. Or, for that matter, what someone else thinks it should be.
Old 10-03-07, 02:28 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default dyno

I say dyno all of them and see what happens.

ahh a drop in k &n filter will bump it up! then do some royal purple oil for more, and then a custom exhaust for more, then some type of custom headers for more, and then a turbo...

It really is not all about numbers guys. The lexus will hold a stronger residual than the other three, will prob withstand the elements better, and will be worry free. Why all the hate because of the lack of horsepower. Throw a 100 shot of n20 on it and that will magically make people happy.
Old 10-03-07, 03:10 PM
LexFather

I think you guys are misinterpreting me some. I have argued so much here and on other sites how people are caught up in HP figures and how marketing has so many people fooled etc.

This IS-F is competing in a segment where this DOES matter on paper. This entire segment is a huge pissing contest. The majority of these cars are not tracked or used for their potential. They are wonderful HALO cars.

This is Lexus first car in this segment, I don't see how they cannot squeeze 5 more hp, to be at 421, thus be 2nd highest in class.

We also know Lexus is a GIANT, HUGE UNDERDOG in this class. Tons of people want this car to fail.

What sounds better in a mag review:?
"The IS-F, while not as powerful as the C63, is 2nd most powerful with 421hp"

"The IS-F, have the least power of this lot, behind the C63, M3 and RS4".
Old 10-03-07, 03:32 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you guys are misinterpreting me some. I have argued so much here and on other sites how people are caught up in HP figures and how marketing has so many people fooled etc.

This IS-F is competing in a segment where this DOES matter on paper. This entire segment is a huge pissing contest. The majority of these cars are not tracked or used for their potential. They are wonderful HALO cars.

This is Lexus first car in this segment, I don't see how they cannot squeeze 5 more hp, to be at 421, thus be 2nd highest in class.

We also know Lexus is a GIANT, HUGE UNDERDOG in this class. Tons of people want this car to fail.

Go big or go home. This class of car is all about the numbers, and of more concern to me is the fact that this will not be a light car and 416hp puts it last place for power to weight ratio in comparison to the competition.

Though, FWIW, the M3 has 414hp so the IS-F would be two ahead . The RS4 though, which has been discontinued, had 425 and like others have mentioned the C63 is pushing a whopping 457. I really don't expect Lexus to come out swinging with 460+ hp, but they should be above the previous benchmark which was the RS4.
Old 10-03-07, 03:37 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Mike took the words out of my mouth.

What's on the paper will give the first impression.

We can mod the car to get 5hp more, but most people do not want to mod their new vehicle at all, especially if the car has warranty.

When your company presents the top of the line model, you expect that vehicle to outshine its competitors, not trail it.
Old 10-03-07, 03:37 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Check out www.lexus.com/isf and click gallery. Then exterior. Scroll all the way down to the last picture. Clever marketing by Lexus or mind trick? I'm thinking 435.
Old 10-03-07, 03:38 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I'm with SICK on this one... The IS-F is competing in a segment where numbers DO matter. It's perfectly ok to enjoy your IS-F for what it is, but the numbers do indeed matter, possibly not to some, but those some are in the minority by a long shot.
Old 10-03-07, 03:39 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

True, but does it matter if this 8 speed gearbox makes it faster ? RS4 has 6 speed and so does M3. After all, the real performance is what really matters !
Old 10-03-07, 03:44 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Check out www.lexus.com/isf and click gallery. Then exterior. Scroll all the way down to the last picture. Clever marketing by Lexus or mind trick? I'm thinking 435.
Interesting, but I don't know. I wonder if they even paid attention to the license plate.
Old 10-03-07, 03:56 PM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

Well, you guys keep debating. In late December or early January, I'll happily be driving one. And something tells me Lexus won't have any problem selling the 5,700 cars that will come to the U.S.
Old 10-03-07, 04:35 PM
Manoj
Driver

Originally Posted by toyotadad
5,700 cars that will come to the U.S.
Is that number too high for calling IS-F Limited edition ??????????

Quick Reply: And the "official" horsepower rating is... (merged threads)