IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Good wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 04:53 AM
OldLs400
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Good wiper blades?

I have some expensive frameless wipers on my IS C and they skip over the windshield even when it's raining hard. I washed the car and windshield and wiped down the blades and they still skip. I noticed when test driving various IS Cs that they all have skipping wiper blades. Is there a particular blade that will actually work well on this car?
Old 02-05-19, 07:15 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I hhe the OEM blades
they don’t skip at all

we have 9 cars, our ISC has the best wipers

I am a wiper dork and am fascinated with them. I have been trying to figure out the oem wiper material to see if I can get similar to other cars in our fleet
Old 02-05-19, 08:09 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Buy the oem wiper set up. It's probably the best. Then you can just buy the refills, and change them out. They are cheap on eBay.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 02-05-19 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cali2is (02-19-21)
Old 02-05-19, 04:18 PM
TomDac
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Costco had Michelin blades and I got a pair. They're a little more bulky where they connect to the arms, but other than that, they work nicely.
Old 02-10-19, 05:33 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by OldLs400
I have some expensive frameless wipers on my IS C and they skip over the windshield even when it's raining hard. I washed the car and windshield and wiped down the blades and they still skip. I noticed when test driving various IS Cs that they all have skipping wiper blades. Is there a particular blade that will actually work well on this car?
Based on experience with my six Lexus models, I'd go right back to the Toyota OEM's. Over the years I've tried other brands, and always been displeased with the noise. I'm unsure what you mean by skipping - do your current aftermarket blades leave water in areas under the arc of the blade? That would be strange, unless the rubber has deteriorated to the point that strips are actually missing from the blade's edges.

My 2013 IS-C factory arms and blades work great. No noise, and they do a superb job of cleaning.

Have you applied Rain-X to your windshield? Or used a car wash that does? For some reason that seems to alter wiper blade performance. It goes back to normal once I've used alcohol to thoroughly clean the glass. That however, is just my experience with the Lexuses I've owned since 2003.
Old 02-11-19, 07:35 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Don’t know if you have them yet or not, however, I have always been a good advocate for OEM. Whenever those are not available I go with the trico force. Not cheap but they are fantastic. I had a cayenne turbo for which I tried every Bosch product available and they were all making noise. The trico was the ultimate solution. When I picked up our IS during a rain storm, the dealership did not replace the wipers (smh) and I had to stop at O’reilly just to have something where I could see (Portland to Seattle). The Trico’s are still going strong.

Old 02-13-19, 10:36 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

I always stick with OE Toyota/Lexus blades. Even when I buy other cars, I'll usually still just grab a set of Toyota blades for whatever it happens to be.

Jeff
Old 02-15-19, 03:14 PM
KonaRX
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I’ve had good luck with Bosch Icon blades on both my ISC and my RX. I live in Hawaii and the sun really is hard on anything rubber or plastic. These last quite long and are relatively inexpensive on Amazon when on sale.
Old 02-15-19, 08:36 PM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I don't get it, my 2014 Prius had blades that worked GREAT for 3 years... I mean like crazy good. I had to look up the maintenance log to confirm if it ever was replaced and it wasn't.

bought a new set for my IS350C in Oct, drove through a few rain showers since then and they're now streaking badly, even after cleaning the blade rubber. That's like 3.5 months of use. Pretty bad. If I had the time, I'd go to Lexus for a warranty claim, but it'd cost me more in hassle.

I ended up just replacing them with some Bosch Edge blades. Hopefully these last at least a year--I have good luck with Bosch in the past lasting at least 1 year (usually 2).

EDIT, Oh and the size is 22" for the driver and 19" for the passenger.
Old 07-28-19, 11:28 AM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lockedlex
I don't get it, my 2014 Prius had blades that worked GREAT for 3 years... I mean like crazy good. I had to look up the maintenance log to confirm if it ever was replaced and it wasn't.

bought a new set for my IS350C in Oct, drove through a few rain showers since then and they're now streaking badly, even after cleaning the blade rubber. That's like 3.5 months of use. Pretty bad. If I had the time, I'd go to Lexus for a warranty claim, but it'd cost me more in hassle.

I ended up just replacing them with some Bosch Edge blades. Hopefully these last at least a year--I have good luck with Bosch in the past lasting at least 1 year (usually 2).

EDIT, Oh and the size is 22" for the driver and 19" for the passenger.
Do you have the part number for the driver side wiper refill? Thanks.
Old 07-28-19, 01:02 PM
OldLs400
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I ended up just getting Denso hybrid blades (conventional frame covered with plastic to prevent snow/ice buildup). Also known as the Denso "designer" blades. Work great, even in Florida. I think Toyotas come with these types of blades OEM and they last 3-4 years. I didn't get the Lexus blades with the refills. I might try Denso beam blades next.
Old 07-29-19, 08:19 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

I buy the rubber refills from Lexus for both my cars and they work fine.
Old 05-03-20, 10:45 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 461 Likes on 402 Posts

I ended up going w/ the Bosch Focus wipers......
Old 05-04-20, 10:40 AM
jj68jam
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I also did the OEM blades- no skipping and keeps the original appeal.
Old 01-29-21, 02:26 PM
ronkelley
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

--
Michelin Stealth Ultra seem to work well for me. They look good and wipe well. For my 2015 IS350c are two choices. You need a total of 42". 24" & 18" combo, or 22" & 20" combo will work. I am using the 22/20.
--

Quick Reply: Good wiper blades?