IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-19, 09:54 AM
jj68jam
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Proud New Owner- 2012 IS350C

Hello everyone! I have been searching for over a year now and finally found my IS350C! I became a forum member a few months back and have read tons of posts and threads-- Thank you all for contributing. I learned a lot from everyone.
Thanks- Jim Pfingsten

1. Exterior Color: Deep Sea Mica (I call it Navy)
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML: Nav, no M/L
3. Interior color choice: Light Gray w/black
4.Anything you want to mention (options, others considered, previous Lex owner, etc): Planning to add a 8" sub to the factory ML location, looking for a spot for a dedicated amp.
5. Pre-crash/or other options: Parking Assist
6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!:
7. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! South Florida, Fort Lauderdale
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) Should be a couple pics attached...

Old 10-21-19, 12:09 PM
mbski
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome fellow Floridian and congratulations! Nice color combo.
It's the perfect time of year to get a convertible in South Florida...Rainy season is ending which means top-down weather begins ;-)
Old 10-31-19, 06:46 AM
jj68jam
Pit Crew

Thanks! Yes looking forward to it! What part of FL are you in?
Old 10-31-19, 09:55 AM
mbski
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by jj68jam
Thanks! Yes looking forward to it! What part of FL are you in?
I'm in south Miami-Dade County. I can't wait for some cooler/drier weather--then the top stays down all day
Old 10-31-19, 10:11 AM
jj68jam
Pit Crew

Nice! We are not too far from you- In Plantation. South Florida is definitely a great place to drive a convertible. Before kids we had a Crossfire convertible which was a blast to drive! Take care. -Jim
Old 01-11-20, 05:45 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the same exact car! Bought it in June. Curious, where is the ML sub spot? The only thing I wish the car had, was ML
Old 01-11-20, 08:02 AM
Greginno
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlenderKen
@ischillin is my IG handle.
Hi guys! Just a gray IS350C with mods 😁. Black leather, blue stitching, Exhaust, F-Sport almost everything 🤗 My car is a loud Lexus 😅

Any questions lmk! I love helping the ISC community grow.
Hey I have # 48 and do follow you on gram. Here is mine.
gram name is also Greginno. Luv your picks.

Old 01-18-20, 09:44 PM
Involute
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hi all, new 350C F Sport owner here in Utah.

1. White
2. Nav
3. Black

Looking forward to learning more about it from experienced owners.

Last edited by Involute; 01-18-20 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-19-20, 11:49 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Involute
Hi all, new 350C F Sport owner here in Utah.

1. White
2. Nav
3. Black

Looking forward to learning more about it from experienced owners.
Welcome

Any pics of the beauty?
Old 01-19-20, 04:37 PM
Involute
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Welcome

Any pics of the beauty?
Just this one for now. It’s the ad picture. I had it shipped from FL.
Old 02-15-20, 09:04 AM
darefugee
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi All,

Wifey has owned her 2017 RX350 for two years. I just got my 2010 IS350C yesterday.

1. Matador Red Mica

2. Nav/no ML
3. Alabaster
4. Lux package

His and Hers Lexi

Last edited by darefugee; 02-16-20 at 02:25 AM. Reason: grammar
The following users liked this post:
twleblanc (04-18-22)
Old 02-15-20, 09:11 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Welcome. Twin ISC to mine, albeit mine is a few years newer with the different headlights and wheels. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by darefugee
Hi All,

Wifey has owned her 2017 RX350 for two years. I just got my 2010 IS350C yesterday.

1. Matador Mica Red

2. Nav/no ML
3. Alabaster
4. Lux package

His and Hers Lexi

darefugee (02-18-20)
Old 02-18-20, 03:09 PM
darefugee
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Welcome. Twin ISC to mine, albeit mine is a few years newer with the different headlights and wheels. Enjoy!
Thanks! I shopped for convertibles for about 6 months and looked at VW Eos, Volvo C70, Mercedes CLK320, BMW 428i. Even looked at a 2016 Mustang. Drove all but the Eos. Drove two Volvos. Drove a 2015 red/black IS250C but the dealer wanted more than what the car is worth. Tried to score online twice for red/white IS250C but they sold before I got to them. Even drove down to Sarasota one Saturday morning only to find my prey was already sold. Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive...

Finally hit on this one. It's a little older than I originally wanted, but I'm glad to have considered it. So far I really like this little car. Glad I got a 350, it has a lot more pep than the 250 I drove. Wife and grown-up daughter both think it's "cute". Wife likes to ride in it, she even bought a floppy hat to keep the sun off her face...if you knew her you'd understand that's a HUGE step. Hey, if I can drive a red convertible that girls like, sign me up!

I took it to a pre-purchase inspection by an indy import mechanic and he gave it a clean bill of health. Recommended I change the air filter, plugs and tranny fluid. I looked a bit to find a place that can do a total fluid change, not just a 3-quart pan drop. As luck would have it, my Lexus dealer says they do it so I'm taking it in tomorrow. Will do the plugs and air filter myself.

SO glad I hit on this Lexus.
Old 02-18-20, 08:41 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thanks! I shopped for convertibles for about 6 months and looked at VW Eos, Volvo C70, Mercedes CLK320, BMW 428i. Even looked at a 2016 Mustang. Drove all but the Eos. Drove two Volvos. Drove a 2015 red/black IS250C but the dealer wanted more than what the car is worth. Tried to score online twice for red/white IS250C but they sold before I got to them. Even drove down to Sarasota one Saturday morning only to find my prey was already sold. Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive...

Finally hit on this one. It's a little older than I originally wanted, but I'm glad to have considered it. So far I really like this little car. Glad I got a 350, it has a lot more pep than the 250 I drove. Wife and grown-up daughter both think it's "cute". Wife likes to ride in it, she even bought a floppy hat to keep the sun off her face...if you knew her you'd understand that's a HUGE step. Hey, if I can drive a red convertible that girls like, sign me up!

I took it to a pre-purchase inspection by an indy import mechanic and he gave it a clean bill of health. Recommended I change the air filter, plugs and tranny fluid. I looked a bit to find a place that can do a total fluid change, not just a 3-quart pan drop. As luck would have it, my Lexus dealer says they do it so I'm taking it in tomorrow. Will do the plugs and air filter myself.

SO glad I hit on this Lexus.
our ISC is my wife’s

I wanted her to get ultra sonic blue. Found her two, she didn’t want.

she wanted matador/white only. She saw a new on at pebble beach in 2013, and wanted that exact color. I looked all over country. I wanted almost new, less than 10,000 miles

took me 2 years to find. Found it cross country . Car had 7,100 miles , 1 owner

bought it sight unseen. Had it shipped 3 weeks later

we love it. Just turned 12,000 miles now. We have had it 3 years now

Old 02-19-20, 05:03 AM
mbski
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

1. Matador Red Mica

2. Nav/no ML
3. Alabaster
4. Lux package

His and Hers Lexi

Nice! And welcome to the C thread!

I wish I'd shopped for a light interior when I bought my second 350C...Black may be easier to clean but yours will be much cooler in the Florida sun.
darefugee (02-20-20)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE