IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Bluetooth not showing up

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-20, 06:41 PM
Jaycruz425
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth not showing up

I tried to search for this issue but only seen one person had it over one year ago and could not find there solution so I just purchased a 2018 is300 FSport and once I got the vehicle connected my Bluetooth with no problems to my iPhone 11 later on that day I decided to reset the radio just to start everything new once I did that my iPhone no longer finds the Lexus Bluetooth I even disconnected my AirPods and they found them with no issues but can not find the car Bluetooth does anybody know what steps I can take next before trying to reset my phone
Old 01-12-20, 01:57 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Erase/remove the car from the phones bluetooth menu and the phone from the cars bluetooth menu.
Repair the phone again to the car and it should be fine.
Old 01-12-20, 03:54 PM
Jaycruz425
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Erase/remove the car from the phones bluetooth menu and the phone from the cars bluetooth menu.
Repair the phone again to the car and it should be fine.
I did a reset on the car radio the day I purchased the vehicle so my iPhone was deleted from the car radio and I deleted the Lexus IS from my iPhone and now it does not pop up on my iPhone when I set up Bluetooth settings but it pops up on another iPhone so I guess I have to reset my iPhone it’s just weird it doesn’t pop on my iPhone
Old 01-12-20, 04:06 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Make sure you have the latest update for iOS 13 and restart the phone...then try pairing it.
Old 01-12-20, 05:19 PM
Jaycruz425
Driver School Candidate

Make sure you have the latest update for iOS 13 and restart the phone...then try pairing it.
I have a iPhone 11 so it comes with iOS 13 and have the latest update I have plenty of space on iCloud so I am going to have to reset my phone I am just wondering when I use my backup it would have the same issue so hopefully I don’t have to use the option to set up as new phone
Old 10-06-21, 09:23 AM
kaela325
Driver School Candidate

Hey did you figure it out?

I have a 2019 is300 and i got the new iphone 13 and when I went to menu>bluetooth> there was no add option.

I tried to delete the old phone, but that option is grayed out and i can't remove the old one neither.

Help!
Old 10-06-21, 09:31 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kaela325
Hey did you figure it out?

I have a 2019 is300 and i got the new iphone 13 and when I went to menu>bluetooth> there was no add option.

I tried to delete the old phone, but that option is grayed out and i can't remove the old one neither.

Help!
Try Menu->Setup, instead of Bluetooth
Old 10-06-21, 02:38 PM
kaela325
Driver School Candidate

Try Menu->Setup, instead of Bluetooth
Hi!

Sorry I did go to Menu > Setup > Bluetooth and there was no option to add.

My old device is listed but the option to remove the old device is grayed out and I cannot choose that item

I do not have the navigation feature in my car if that helps.
Old 10-06-21, 03:13 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Hi!

Sorry I did go to Menu > Setup > Bluetooth and there was no option to add.

My old device is listed but the option to remove the old device is grayed out and I cannot choose that item

I do not have the navigation feature in my car if that helps.
Usually when buttons are grayed out is when the vehicle is in motion, which restricts you from performing that function.
Assuming you are trying to do this while the vehicle is parked, I'm not sure why the Remove button would be grayed out...or why the Add button would be missing.
Could you post a pic of the screen where it lists the devices and has the Remove button grayed out?

How many devices are paired to the vehicle? Typically with Bluetooth 7 devices is the max you can pair...in this case, pair to the car.
Old 10-06-21, 06:26 PM
kaela325
Driver School Candidate

Usually when buttons are grayed out is when the vehicle is in motion, which restricts you from performing that function.
Assuming you are trying to do this while the vehicle is parked, I'm not sure why the Remove button would be grayed out...or why the Add button would be missing.
Could you post a pic of the screen where it lists the devices and has the Remove button grayed out?

How many devices are paired to the vehicle? Typically with Bluetooth 7 devices is the max you can pair...in this case, pair to the car.

This is what the screen looks like while I’m in park
Old 10-06-21, 09:06 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

When you upgraded to the iPhone 13, did you do a data transfer from your old iPhone?
I'm wondering if it transferred the previous Bluetooth pairing profile from the old phone to the new phone.
If so, go into the phone and remove the old Bluetooth profile of the car.
Then go into the car and you should be able to now remove the old phone from the car...I would suggest having Bluetooth off on the phone while you're in the car.
Old 10-07-21, 10:36 AM
kaela325
Driver School Candidate

When you upgraded to the iPhone 13, did you do a data transfer from your old iPhone?
I'm wondering if it transferred the previous Bluetooth pairing profile from the old phone to the new phone.
If so, go into the phone and remove the old Bluetooth profile of the car.
Then go into the car and you should be able to now remove the old phone from the car...I would suggest having Bluetooth off on the phone while you're in the car.

I did do a data transfer from my old iphone. I had to erase all settings on the phone and turn it in. I do not have the old phone anymore.

Old 10-07-21, 11:09 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I did do a data transfer from my old iphone. I had to erase all settings on the phone and turn it in. I do not have the old phone anymore.

I meant if it transferred the Bluetooth profile to the new phone...go into the new phone and erase the profile if it did.
Personally I use Samsung phones, so when I upgrade to a new phone it transfers the old Bluetooth pairing profiles to the new phone.
Depending on the device the new phone pairs no problem...and other times there are problems.
Easy remedy is to delete the profile from the new phone and just pair it as you normally would.

Also in your pics I didn't even see a Remove button...not sure if it was the angle of the pic or maybe I just can't see it in the pic.
Old 10-07-21, 11:44 AM
kaela325
Driver School Candidate

I meant if it transferred the Bluetooth profile to the new phone...go into the new phone and erase the profile if it did.
Personally I use Samsung phones, so when I upgrade to a new phone it transfers the old Bluetooth pairing profiles to the new phone.
Depending on the device the new phone pairs no problem...and other times there are problems.
Easy remedy is to delete the profile from the new phone and just pair it as you normally would.

Also in your pics I didn't even see a Remove button...not sure if it was the angle of the pic or maybe I just can't see it in the pic.

No the bluetooth profile did not transfer to new phone.

I only have my airpods profile that transferred over.

and yes you are correct, there is no remove button. sorry the grayed out part is disconnect phone.

ah, I'll just call the service department and see if someone can help me there.

Thank you for your help.
Old 10-07-21, 12:13 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

You could also try a Factory Reset on the radio unit...the service department may end up doing/recommending that.
That will wipe out all personal data, pairings...basically everything.
That way you could just pair your new phone and be done with it. You'll have to set all your preset radio stations again.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth not showing up