IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Parts Shortage

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-19, 12:00 PM
ThatGuyYL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Parts Shortage

I picked up a brand new 2019 IS 300 f sport July, 20 days later someone rear ended me. Now it’s been in the body shop for over a month and every update I get from the shop is telling me “parts are still on backorder” summer passed and I didn’t even have time to enjoy the car... anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old 09-10-19, 12:04 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,894 Likes on 1,967 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatGuyYL
I picked up a brand new 2019 IS 300 f sport July, 20 days later someone rear ended me. Now it’s been in the body shop for over a month and every update I get from the shop is telling me “parts are still on backorder” summer passed and I didn’t even have time to enjoy the car... anyone else experiencing this problem?
I don't believe that. When I got rear-ended less than a year ago, there was no problem finding a whole replacement bumper. If I were you I would ask for more details and/or find a different shop if you feel like they are hiding something.
Old 09-10-19, 12:08 PM
ThatGuyYL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
I don't believe that. When I got rear-ended less than a year ago, there was no problem finding a whole replacement bumper. If I were you I would ask for more details and/or find a different shop if you feel like they are hiding something.
I know but Toyota and Lexus are on a national backorder, since April they said. Even google has links talking about it. But how Tf are they still out of parts! They make thousands of cars a day but can’t make parts... Running out of patients I just want my car back.
Old 09-10-19, 12:21 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,894 Likes on 1,967 Posts

Sorry, I failed to notice Canada has its own issues with parts, separate from the US: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...-apa-1.5270300

So I guess my perspective isn't very helpful.
Old 09-10-19, 12:30 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

I know but Toyota and Lexus are on a national backorder, since April they said. Even google has links talking about it. But how Tf are they still out of parts! They make thousands of cars a day but can’t make parts... Running out of patients I just want my car back.
It's not that they don't have the parts...unfortunately a new software system has left them not knowing what parts they have and where to send them to those that need them.
It's definitely a cluster, but I hear it's starting to subside...which I realize doesn't help you much.
A friend of mine in a Highlander got rear-ended a month ago (probably needs a bumper and tailgate...and the bits underneath), but the body shop said right away to give them a few months to get the parts...don't even bother bringing it to get fixed.
It's an uncharacteristic situation for Toyota, but at the end of the day we are all slaves to the machine...or computer software in this case.
The following users liked this post:
ghome208 (10-17-19)
Old 09-10-19, 12:33 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 406 Posts

Earlier this year Toyota Canada introduced a new parts inventory system from SAP as well as a new dealer portal software package for InfoStream. it has caused all kinds of issues. Dealers often don't know what is happening or when things will arrive.

From what I've heard, some things are starting to get sorted, but it's likely still going to be a while. I would contact Toyota Canada directly if I were you.

Jeff
Old 09-10-19, 12:36 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

A friend of mine had the same issue with his GS a year or so ago, but this was in the US. He was in a rental for a couple months waiting.
Old 09-10-19, 12:41 PM
ThatGuyYL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Earlier this year Toyota Canada introduced a new parts inventory system from SAP as well as a new dealer portal software package for InfoStream. it has caused all kinds of issues. Dealers often don't know what is happening or when things will arrive.

From what I've heard, some things are starting to get sorted, but it's likely still going to be a while. I would contact Toyota Canada directly if I were you.

Jeff
Everyone I’ve contacted just says there’s nothing to do but wait. At the end of the day there’s worse things going on, better this then something worse
Old 09-10-19, 12:58 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I think Jeff pretty much confirmed everything i said...he's just that much more eloquent.

And agreed...all you can do is wait.
I never had an issue getting parts from the dealer til this year (let's not talk about how long I've been buying parts at the dealer lol)...I guess someone thought they could reinvent the wheel and make it even more round...well...I guess not.
It was probably as round as it was going to get before.
Old 09-10-19, 03:04 PM
hongy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting for a new passenger side mirror, housing, mirror, etc, since July 18.
Old 09-10-19, 10:25 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by hongy
I've been waiting for a new passenger side mirror, housing, mirror, etc, since July 18.
That's absolutely ridiculous... Over a year? Or do you mean July 19?

Either way, if this is something you need to pay for out of pocket and isn't warrantied you might as well purchase it online and have someone install it. Mirror assembly and parts are available on sites such as mylparts.com and many more.
Old 09-10-19, 10:33 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I think Jeff pretty much confirmed everything i said...he's just that much more eloquent.

And agreed...all you can do is wait.
I never had an issue getting parts from the dealer til this year (let's not talk about how long I've been buying parts at the dealer lol)...I guess someone thought they could reinvent the wheel and make it even more round...well...I guess not.
It was probably as round as it was going to get before.
Very surprising to see this happening to Toyota / Lexus. I know this is a common topic of discussion on the BMW side right now for the MY19 vehicles. If there are parts you need, they are taking months to come in and I'm not too sure why. Most dealers have to order from Germany anything that's needed for repairs since they aren't available.

I wonder what's causing these issues.
Old 09-11-19, 06:43 AM
truu
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

My car got vandalized August long weekend and I've been driving without a window since and still without one.
Old 09-11-19, 10:08 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

I think we should give a shout out to the parts guys working at the dealers.
For as many of us that are waiting on parts, the parts guys are likely taking the brunt of customer frustrations.
Old 09-13-19, 06:48 PM
Bxtaskforc
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by truu
My car got vandalized August long weekend and I've been driving without a window since and still without one.
Try LKQ parts online.

Quick Reply: Lexus Parts Shortage