Ceramic Wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-19, 10:49 AM
zhieson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ceramic Wax

Has anyone here been using ceramic wax?
I know this is not a ceramic coating (as mentioned in other threads), and possibly more of a marketing gimmick, but I went ahead and tried out Meguair's Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray.

First off, I've been using other spray on waxes for some time now and I think they're a great way to keep a layer of protection on your car. I don't wax any other way, but I do polish my car 1-2 times a year (using a Porter Cable and Meguiar's professional polish). Anyhow, I noticed the ceramic wax is much thicker than other spray on waxes and seems to do a better job at hiding any minor swirls or scratches than the other sprays. It's much thicker than other sprays and is more susectable to leaving wax residue if not wiped clean. Other spray waxes are much easier to apply but I suppose that is the pro/con tradeoff. Not sure if its placebo but I'd say its much shinier and better coated than other spray waxes.

Just seeing if anyone else has tried this or similar products out. So far so good for me.
Old 04-22-19, 01:34 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

^ I was curious about the same too. I've seen that Ceramic Wax on the shelves before but was hesitant to try it out. Can you tell a difference between that and the previous spray waxes you've used?

To me at the end of the day, of all of the products I've tried wax-wise, I feel they're more or less the same with some a tad better than others as far as application longevity. The main differences being how clean or contaminant-free your car's surface really is and the materials you're using to wipe off/apply that wax (whether spray or actual applicator). Prior to purchasing my IS, I've been using spray waxes and have been for some time - particularly Eagle One's Nano Spray Wax.

I've recently started using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax with the foam applicator, waiting 3-5 min per section before wiping off, as recommended by the instructions. The result looks superb.
Old 04-22-19, 05:30 PM
osiriskidd
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the hybrid wax spray is good.
its not a true ceramic but you can use it as a drying aid during the maintenance washes so its basically refreshing the wax/sealant.

you can also opt for a layer of jescar powerlock+ sealant and then use the hybrid wax spray during maintenance washes.
Old 04-22-19, 07:37 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Polishangel is the only one I know that makes a ceramic wax(actual wax application) and I think Adam's just released their version as well. Polishangel is quite expensive but you can literally achieve 9H hardness when combined with their spray. Only tried this on BMWs that I do for friends.