Notices
IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Touch up paint

Old 04-10-19, 06:52 AM
Napalvr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Touch up paint

I ordered a 2 bottle set of 083 (Ultra white) from a local Lexus dealer about a week and a half ago. Iím wondering if Lexus has to make the paint (coming from Japan). I thought I would receive it by now. This sound normal (to anyone that ordered from their local dealer)?
Old 04-10-19, 04:43 PM
waterdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I canít speak to the dealer experience. I bought my pen from
https://www.paintscratch.com/
Old 04-11-19, 06:55 AM
arentz07
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 136 Posts

For another recommendation, I've gone with TouchUpDirect. Even with Atomic Silver, the color match is spot-on. Used them on my old Camry as well and had a similarly good match.
Old 04-11-19, 03:12 PM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

Received 398 Likes on 315 Posts

i try to avoid local dealers. for any lexus dealer stuff i always do the two arizona lexus dealers that have ebay accounts. they're dirt cheap and always super fast and helpful. aside from that though there's tons of touch up paint (dealer ones) on eBay from all kinds of sellers. would've been at your door yesterday. and half the cost too.

for a color like white, and for tiny touch ups, you can go with any bright white with a shimmer on it. i went with one from another toyota from duplicolor. matches fine enough for tiny nicks

i wouldn't beat myself up over trying to find the exact color. 1) you won't notice with a touch up that small anyway and 2) due to fading, an exact match wouldn't be "exact" anyway.
Old 04-11-19, 05:03 PM
HOMER350
Lead Lap

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah on this car (black) I ordered Toyota/Lexus correct paint code via ebay. Shipped quick I believe from the Scottsdale dealer.

On my white car I didn't exactly that...same day at the auto parts store bright white duplicolor. Duplicolor is nice because it comes with a little clear to apply if you'd like.
Old 04-12-19, 04:27 AM
Napalvr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT View Post
i try to avoid local dealers. for any lexus dealer stuff i always do the two arizona lexus dealers that have ebay accounts. they're dirt cheap and always super fast and helpful. aside from that though there's tons of touch up paint (dealer ones) on eBay from all kinds of sellers. would've been at your door yesterday. and half the cost too.

for a color like white, and for tiny touch ups, you can go with any bright white with a shimmer on it. i went with one from another toyota from duplicolor. matches fine enough for tiny nicks

i wouldn't beat myself up over trying to find the exact color. 1) you won't notice with a touch up that small anyway and 2) due to fading, an exact match wouldn't be "exact" anyway.
i took your advice and ordered from Bell Lexus of Scottsdale. I should have it in 3-4 days. Live and learn. Thanks to all that replied 👍
Old 04-13-19, 02:19 AM
ex00
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dr. ColorChip is very easy to apply, it's probably the easiest that I have found imho.
Old 04-15-19, 10:30 AM
Pittsy
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I just stopped in to Bell Lexus in Scottsdale to pick up a paint pen. Love them. They always have what I need in stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touch up paint

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: