IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus IS300H 2013 Stereo not working

Old 03-19-19, 02:41 PM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus IS300H 2013 Stereo not working

Hi Everybody,

This is my first lexus forum, I am in abit of a dilema here guys. I have a lexus IS300H 2013 with 142000 miles on the clock. The car is perfectly fine touch wood. This morning i turned the car on and the Nav screen which displays all the options and radio info got stuck on the start up screen which is the lexus logo and not going any further. 

I have deep pressed the volume **** to restart the stereo and it does restart and the lexus logo comes up again on the nav screen but doesnt go any further again.

I have inspected all the fuse boxes inside the car and in the engine bay and they are all fine. I have already taken the stereo out unplugged everything and plugged it back but still nothing.

I know for sure its the stereo which is not working because sometimes the stereo randomly restarted today and then display am radio and then restart again and stuck on the start up screen which is the lexus logo screen.

So i called up lexus and asked if they have sent any over the air updates and I got told no nothing like that.

I have also inspected all the cables plugged into the stereo with a tester and i can see power coming into the stereo.

The stereo buttons do lit up when the headlights are on. The volume **** does work to depress and restart it. Nothing else works at all. On the cluster board, i can see where music can also be changed from, is blanked out.

Lexus have told me £192 diagnosis fee + charges for whatever needed further. Surely will be going over £1000 plus. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks alot in advance. Please see images attached of the stereo. Thanks 
Old 03-19-19, 08:44 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Try unplugging the battery for about 5min
Old 03-20-19, 01:21 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Try unplugging the battery for about 5min
hi, i have done that as well but doesn’t help.
Old 03-20-19, 04:27 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

It sounds like the issue is the head unit itself.
There have been software updates previously to address this type of issue.
Ironically to do the update the Navi/Radio system needs to be working properly...at least long enough to do the update.

Do you have a regional website for downloading updates for the infotainment system? We have here in North America, just not sure if the files would work on your 2013 300h.
Technically it's the same generation IS (3IS) as ours, but our 2013 was the older body style (2IS) and we didn't get the hybrid version here in North America.
Old 03-20-19, 04:46 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
It sounds like the issue is the head unit itself.
There have been software updates previously to address this type of issue.
Ironically to do the update the Navi/Radio system needs to be working properly...at least long enough to do the update.

Do you have a regional website for downloading updates for the infotainment system? We have here in North America, just not sure if the files would work on your 2013 300h.
Technically it's the same generation IS (3IS) as ours, but our 2013 was the older body style (2IS) and we didn't get the hybrid version here in North America.

thanks for the reply, yeah its the same IS 3rd generation started in sep 2013 in the UK. Same shape and hybrid. I have gone onto the lexus website for software updates downloading etc but it doesnt list my IS300H there at all. It shows all other models ct, gs, es, ls, Rx and Nx but not IS. Weird
Old 03-20-19, 04:50 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusman00

thanks for the reply, yeah its the same IS 3rd generation started in sep 2013 in the UK. Same shape and hybrid. I have gone onto the lexus website for software updates downloading etc but it doesnt list my IS300H there at all. It shows all other models ct, gs, es, ls, Rx and Nx but not IS. Weird
What's the ID number on the face of your head unit? It should be on the lower left corner of the face of the head unit...it should start with a little "P".
My thought is, if it's the same unit that we use in North America on the 2014 model, then the update file we have should work.
Old 03-20-19, 05:27 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

What's the ID number on the face of your head unit? It should be on the lower left corner of the face of the head unit...it should start with a little "P".
My thought is, if it's the same unit that we use in North America on the 2014 model, then the update file we have should work.
my head unit doesnt have any id displayed on its face starting with a P. Infact at the bottom left corner, it says gracenote and on the bottom right cornor it has a numbers “100166”. Please see images attached. Thanks
Old 03-20-19, 05:40 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

The red circle is where mine is. The pic is crappy, but it's there. The number is P10435.
Old 03-20-19, 05:48 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

The red circle is where mine is. The pic is crappy, but it's there. The number is P10435.

mine just says gracenote there and the number on the right bottom corner

[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/1e997fe5-6a5c-430c-a3bb-ddc26a862bf6

[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/5d2e7f24-debe-4c0e-94b6-b056fe13932f

Can you see my piks ?
thanks
Old 03-20-19, 05:51 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately none of your pics came though in your post.
However, it sounds like you have a completely different audio unit than ours.
Old 03-20-19, 06:11 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately none of your pics came though in your post.
However, it sounds like you have a completely different audio unit than ours.
hopefully you can see them now. thanks

if you zoom in, you can see on the bottom left corner it says gracenote and on the bottom right corner it says some numbers.
Old 03-20-19, 08:20 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Does your IS have navigation? I ask because the photos you provided indicates you don't have the micro SD card slot on the head unit, which is where the card for the Navigation would go.
That would explain why you have a different faceplate ID and the location where it's found on the faceplate.

On the photo of my vehicle, the door that says XM, HD RADIO, Gracenotes, etc. flips down to reveal the micro SD card slot for the navigation maps.
Old 03-20-19, 09:05 AM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Does your IS have navigation? I ask because the photos you provided indicates you don't have the micro SD card slot on the head unit, which is where the card for the Navigation would go.
That would explain why you have a different faceplate ID and the location where it's found on the faceplate.

On the photo of my vehicle, the door that says XM, HD RADIO, Gracenotes, etc. flips down to reveal the micro SD card slot for the navigation maps.
my stereo doesnt take memory card and it doesnt have any door/flap that moves. It also doesn’t have any navigation feature.
Old 03-20-19, 09:14 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusman00
my stereo doesnt take memory card and it doesnt have any door/flap that moves. It also doesn’t have any navigation feature.
Ok...thanks for clarifying. In your original post you mentioned the Nav screen, so I assumed you had navigation.
The software updates I mentioned only apply to vehicles equipped with navigation.
As far as I know there are no software updates for non-navigation equipped vehicle.
Since the Multi Display screen is driven by the head unit, the likely scenario is that you have a head unit problem.
Old 03-20-19, 01:43 PM
Lexusman00
Driver School Candidate

Ok...thanks for clarifying. In your original post you mentioned the Nav screen, so I assumed you had navigation.
The software updates I mentioned only apply to vehicles equipped with navigation.
As far as I know there are no software updates for non-navigation equipped vehicle.
Since the Multi Display screen is driven by the head unit, the likely scenario is that you have a head unit problem.

sorry i didnt know how else to describe the screen. Yeah it looks like its the headunit. There could be ine simple component replacement to fix all this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus IS300H 2013 Stereo not working